Gearfried Support!

SecondSeraphim

A few notes. I intentionally made the equips “splashable” because I see these working better in a generic warrior deck then any focused “Gearfried” deck. Noble Knight, most likely.

I also worry that I didn’t word “Knight in the Iron Mask” right. The intent is that he is “bound” by the mask and uses its power to similarly bind the opponent’s cards.

Monsters

Iron Knight in the Iron Mask                  EARTH/Warrior/Lv4           ATK 1600 / DEF 1800

This card's name becomes " Gearfried the Iron Knight " while it is on the field or in the GY. Cannot be equipped with cards, other than "Iron Knight" cards. Once per turn, you can target 2 cards on the field, including an Equip Spell card; destroy them.

Spells

Mask of the Iron Knight                  Equip

Equip only to a Warrior-Type monster. If this card is equipped to a monster, that monster gains 600 ATK until the end of the turn, even if this card leaves the field. If this card equipped to a monster is destroyed by a card effect, add it to your hand. You can only activate this effect of “Mask of the Iron Knight” once per turn.

Restraint of the Iron Knight            Equip

Equip only to a Warrior-Type monster. If this card is equipped to a monster, that monster gains 300 ATK until the end of the turn, even if this card leaves the field. You can only activate each of the following effects of “Restraint of the Iron Knight” once per turn:

• If this card equipped to a monster is destroyed by card effect, you can add 1 “Release Restraint” card from your Deck to your hand.
  • If a Warrior-Type monster is Special Summoned from your hand or Deck while this card is in your GY, you may equip this card to that monster.

Chains of the Iron Knight              Equip

The equipped monster's ATK becomes 0, also negate the effects of any non-"Iron Knight" monster this card is equipped to. If this card is destroyed by a card effect; the ATK of the monster this card was equipped to becomes double it's original ATK until the end of the turn, also, at the end of the turn, if that monster is not an "Iron Knight" monster; destroy it.

Oath of the Iron Knight                   Normal

Add 1 “Iron Knight” card other than "Oath of the Iron Knight" from your Deck to your hand. If the opponent activates a card or effect, you can banish this card from the GY, then target a monster you control and an appropriate Equip Spell card in your GY; equip that Equip Spell to that monster. You can only activate each effect of “Oath of the Iron Knight” once per turn.

Release Restraint Storm                   Normal

Target 1 face-up Equip Spell Card you control; destroy the Equip Spell card and all face-up Spell and Trap Cards your opponent controls. You can banish this card and an Equip Spell card from your GY; draw a card.

Traps

The Iron Knight's Reckoning           Counter

If a card, effect, or attack targets an "Iron Knight" monster or a "Gearfried the Swordmaster" you control, target an Equip Spell card in your GY; negate the card, effect, or attack, then equip that spell to that monster.

Dunno why you didn't just go with "Gearfried of the Iron Mask" on your monster, instead of that archetypal clause, but as I say later, you don't need either. Name-changing to the original monster has its uses, I suppose, with Summoning Swordmaster via Release Restraint, but that combined with the card itself just makes it a better version of Gearfried. If the intention was to render the original card useless in this context by making a retrain, that's fine, but I've always hated pure powercreep.

Mask is too ineffectual to be useful; 400 ATK is alright, I suppose, but considering you're only getting to use its effect twice at most, assuming you're willing to send it to the GY permanently after you've re-added it with its effect, 800 ATK only until the end of this turn and no other benefit is meh. Restraint is basically a purely better version than it, as not only is it getting out a better monster on destruction, it also adds itself afterwards. This is the better support card, but still, it's underwhelming.

Oath is probably the best card in the set. You could probably replace the "Gearfied" search with just searching "Iron Knight" cards, as only the Level 4 Gearfrieds are Iron Knights, and as such adjust your custom monster's name to support this. But yeah, searching immediately makes cards at least a little more playable, and while timing of the equipping from the GY is annoying (Quick Effect on a SS1 card is a little awkward) the effect itself definitely wanted. Mostly outside of this Deck, due to how generic this is AND how these Equips recycle themselves, but yeah, it's a pretty neat effect anyway.

Good support, but meh cards. Not even broken support for weak monsters to make them somewhat playable. 3 of your cards are mostly well designed (looking at you Mask) and would fit perfectly for a functional archetype, but considering what they are supporting...yeah.

Made a few changes. Iron Mask is completely different, but in a way I feel better fits the theme I'm going for (of a man sealed behind armor breaking free and realizing his true power).

I also upped the boost of Mask and lowered the one from Restraint, as well as introduced a new Equip Spell to help with consistency. Changed Oath's search a bit as well, and gave them a draw card and a counter trap. Thoughts?

Your monster's effect is pretty neat right now, however now it is in turn (almost completely) overshadowed by Gearfried the Red-Eyes Iron Knight. Although Iron Mask lets you destroy monsters when you want to, it targets, whereas the Red-Eyes variant doesn't. HOWEVER although said equivalent does allow you to run Red-Eyes and therefore that Fusion that can equip itself with Warrior monsters, it isn't a viable target for Release Restraint. I mean, that's barely any benefit, but it is something.

Restraint is still fine, although you could almost certainly get away with a 500 ATK boost instead of 300. These little differences mean so little at the lower levels. Mask is still pretty bad; a simple ATK boost, even if it gave 1000, wouldn't be enough on its own. I mean, it's nice, don't get me wrong, but it bricks super easily. Chains is a really fun card, taking advantage of the mechanic properly while also going with simple beatdown. Also incredibly useful for removal and dealing with opponent's monsters; nice work. Last effect should say "If this equipped card is destroyed" because what if it is destroyed while in the hand or while Set?

Storm...I mean, it's obviously there to handle what Wave can't, and the buff on it makes it slightly better than Wave...but they're still both rather situational. They might see play at 1, this one a little more as a Burial of Belongings target, while Wave actually will see more use of its effect, but there are better options. I would suggest retraining Wave to make it more archetypal, and only then making a counterpart.

Reckoning could just get away with negating any card or effect and also equipping. I mean, it only works with 4 or 5 monsters; it won't be very active.

You're not really missing anything at the moment, although some of your needs are spread unneededly over several cards, such as the Wave/Storm combo. Alright cards in a better meta. Good changes, although fixes are still needed, and even more buffing at points.

Archived