[Sakura AGM] Bounce everything away! [Windy] (15/?)

[spoiler=Prompt]

Windy

As their name might imply, WIND monsters that focus on repeatedly bouncing cards on the field en masse to the hand (so Divine Wind is a very good tech here). The monsters aren't too terribly powerful, but what they lack in brute force, they make up for in keeping the opponent's field devoid of anything (important). Once you come to the Extra Deck, the monsters become much more formidable and even start keeping the players' hands at bay. Similar to Majespecters, they possess a variety of backrow Traps that are extremely reactive to the opponent's cards. Oh, and they just conveniently happen to be Spellcasters too (for the most part), so more supports.

Just make sure the opponent doesn't hate you at the end, especially if you choose to run a hybrid Windy/Majespecter build as one of the core members here can/will search any WIND Spellcaster of your choosing.

[spoiler=Notes]
Well, I haven't made an archetype for AGM in a while in light of other things (and this WAS on the backburner). From the prompt, this does amount to Majespecters 2.0 but not as annoying to deal with (or maybe not, considering their bouncing tactics). Consequently, I must also remember that their support cards (sans Sonics and Supercell) also work for these too, albeit they TRIBUTE and not return to the hand. 

Basic idea: Bounce your monsters to remove the opponent's stuff, then proceed to trigger whatever effect you need to afterwards. Some of them grant hand advantage; others do stuff to enable plays, including recouping monsters you bounce. Originally, they just bounced themselves to return a certain type of card to the hand (Monster or S/T), but then it amounted to smaller versions of Kirin (which many players didn't like because Quick Effect and cannot be removed by most means). 

Divine Wind technically evens out with Kokuo (you bounce it with the Spells to remove whatever, then Divine puts out new monster and then this summons another one). 

At the time of making this thread, I do not have the Traps lined up yet, nor any Extra Deck. However, they will be there; taking everything into account. 

=====
Reindeer / Cat technically can search Windwitches and stuff (even the 'specters) as per part of the prompt. So in that case, Windwitch-Windy (uh, figure out a better name for this) could be a thing too, but it's literally only with those two members. Rest of the Deck is archetype specific. 
=====

Also yes, their names are borrowed from the Tailed Beasts in Naruto (least for the obvious ones); their effects are generally derived from in-universe and stuff.

Field will likely get a slight name change later, but we'll see.

[spoiler=Cards]

MONSTERS

Windy Reindeer - Hayashi
Level 3 | WIND | Spellcaster | Effect
1500/1200
You can only use each of this card name's effects once per turn. (1) When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 WIND Spellcaster monster from your Deck to your hand. (2) If this card is returned to the hand as a cost for a "Windy" card's effect: You can draw 1 card. 

Windy Cat - Matatabi
Level 3 | WIND | Spellcaster | Effect
600/2000
You can only use each of this card name's effects once per turn. (1) When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 WIND Spellcaster monster from your GY or that is currently banished to your hand. (2) If this card is returned to the hand as a cost for a "Windy" card's effect: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.

Windy Tanuki - Shukaku
Level 4 | WIND | Spellcaster | Effect
1400/1500
You can only use each of this card name's effects once per turn. (1) When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Windy" monster from your hand, except "Windy Tanuki - Shukaku". (2) If this card is returned to the hand as a cost for a "Windy" card's effect: You can send 1 "Windy" monster from your Deck to the GY.

Windy Fox -  Kurama
1700/1200
You can only use each of this card name's effects once per turn. (1) When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Windy" monster from your GY, except "Windy Fox - Kurama". (2) If this card is returned to the hand as a cost for a "Windy" card's effect: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it, then inflict damage to your opponent equal to half its ATK. 

Windy Panda - Tiantian
1600/1000
You can only use each of this card name's effects once per turn. (1) When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Windy" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand. (2) If this card is returned to the hand as a cost for a "Windy" card's effect: You can target 1 "Windy" Spell/Trap in your GY; add it to your hand or Set it.

Windy Dolphin - Kokuo
1300/1300
You can only use each of this card name's effects once per turn. (1) When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Windy" monster from your Deck, except "Windy Dolphin - Kokuo". (2) If this card is returned to the hand as a cost for a "Windy" card's effect: You can Special Summon 1 "Windy" monster with a different name from your hand.

EXTRA DECK

Windy Dragon - Seiryū
Rank 4 | WIND | Spellcaster | Xyz | Effect
2300/2300
2+ Level 4 WIND Spellcaster monsters
You can only use this card name's (2) effect once per turn. (1) Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Windy" monster from your Deck. (2) You can return up to 2 "Windy" monsters you control to the hand, then shuffle an equal number of cards your opponent controls OR in their hand into the Deck. 

SPELL/TRAP CARDS

Windy Sky Capital 
Field Spell
You can only use this card name's (2) and (3) effects once per turn. (1) "Windy" monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. (2) When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Windy" card from your Deck to your hand. (3) You can Special Summon 1 "Windy" monster from your hand or GY.

Windy Cyclone Formation
Quick-Play Spell
(1) Return up to 2 "Windy" monsters you control to the hand, then target an equal number of monsters your opponent controls; return those targets to the hand. 

Windy Hurricane Formation
Quick-Play Spell
(1) Return up to 2 "Windy" monsters you control to the hand, then target an equal number of Spells/Traps your opponent controls; return those targets to the hand. 

Windy Downforce
Quick-Play
(1) Return 1 "Windy" monster you control to the hand; monsters your opponent currently controls lose ATK equal to the returned monster's ATK until the end of this turn.

Windy Restoration
Normal Spell
(1) Target 3 "Windy" cards in your GY; shuffle all 3 into the Deck, then draw 1 card.

Windy Judgment
Counter Trap
(1) If an opponent's monster is Normal or Special Summoned: Return 1 "Windy" monster you control to the hand; negate the Summon of that opponent's monster, and if you do, send it to the GY. Monsters with the same name as that opponent's monster cannot be Summoned until the end of the turn.

Windy Strike
Counter Trap
(1) If an opponent's card effect is activated: Return 1 "Windy" monster you control to the hand; negate that effect, and if you do, send that card to the GY.

Windy Paralysis Storm
Normal Trap
If you control 3 or more "Windy" monsters with different names, you can activate this card from your hand. (1) If you control a "Windy" monster: Target 1 face-up card on the field; its effects are negated.  

iU8EggM.png

You guys know what to do at this point.

Proper reviews get repped.

First major problem is the returning to the hand bit; it's done as a cost in your Spells, yet the monsters act as though it's a card effect. As to which one I would recommend going with...probably cost in terms of flavour, to tie into the Tributing of 'specters. It also helps for memes when you tag in and out with their effects. 

In terms of flavour, the archetype is exactly what it says on the tin. I was hoping for a little more variety than 'specters 2.0, even with the prompt's relative strictness, but it is basically non-Pendulum WIND disruption. Again, that's what the prompt says, so I can't fault you for that, but the monsters and effects tend to blur with one another. Since you want to be saving your NS/SSing for your 'specters in the twin Deck, you could go with alternate effects with activation requirements on other conditions to allow for a more controllable archetype.

Due to the Spell/Traps only having two searchers, coincidentally the relative opposite of its twin archetype, and the lack of a real boss/means of triggering their effects outside of said Spell/Traps, the basic engine falls into 3 each of Capital, Dolphin, PandaHayashi and however many other Spells you want to run. You then have the options of these 1-card combos:

A) Normal Panda, use it to SS Dolphin, search Capital, activate it, search Hayashi, SS it with Capital, search a WIND Spellcaster.

B) Normal Dolphin, search Capital, activate it, search Panda, SS it with Capital, use Panda to SS Hayashi, search a WIND Spellcaster

C) Activate Capital, search Panda, SS Panda with Capital, use Panda to SS Hayashi, search Dolphin, NS Dolphin, search a Windy Spell.

All of these end up +0 in your hand, either getting a Spell or a monster, and leave you with a Field Spell and 3 monsters. And you haven't even triggered their secondary effects yet. This could be avoided by making their effects a little more than Summon to search or Summon to SS. It's not inherently broken, as you can't do anything in archetype with it and you have used up your NS, and they all have HOPT, but it's just playing solitaire and going through the motions.

There's quite a few cards here, but it still feels very barebones. There's not much to do other then to use it as an engine at the present.

Well, I haven't finished fleshing the backrow out yet so yeah, it is pretty bare in terms of doing anything. Or in that case, Panda / Tiantian literally has nothing to search besides the Spells at the moment (he's the only one; unlike Kyubi, Yata and Gama in 'specters). I need to add in the Trap Cards.

But yeah, should retool them to be costs so they can technically trigger properly + keep in theme. Originally, they did bounce themselves on the field as monsters, but then that amounts to mini Kirins, which I know people didn't like much because generic bouncing in Pends (even though I do like him, despite that). Also I do have to take into consideration that 'specter backrow also works for these guys in a way (despite us not having them at the moment in AGM). 

At the same time, I would like them to function on their own without needing to tech 'specters themselves (you'd run Reindeer and Cat in them literally for the added search/retrieval). But I haven't given them new toys yet to work with. 

====

They will get their own bosses in due time; just have to figure out how to go about it and work on the Traps. 

• 2 weeks later...

Stuff on the change log:

• Modified the return effects on the Main Deck to trigger when used for costs to pay for the effects, though in practice, all of them would still work the same as the support cards do return them for costs. 
  • Extra Deck added, though I'm leaving it at 1 member for now as I've already been told it's potent enough on its own, considering some other stuff that can be done with the Main Deck.
    • Unless I have to add a second ED, yeah. A Link member, perhaps (since I intentionally left the Legacy tag off as you can play this in either Master Rule format.)
    • I have some ideas, but would rather not go overboard.
  • Traps added, though they do amount to negation and all for now [though, prompt did say that they're supposed to be reactive to the opponent's stuff]. Not a whole lot like the prompt implies though, but 3 is plenty considering what they can do. 

For the moment, guess they're tentatively complete and function on their own. You got enough Main Deck to provide field presence, the Xyz is workable and they have enough backrow to do whatever you need to. They do suck against banishing effects though, but suppose that'll be addressed later.

At the moment, there's 15 members (6 Main Deck, 1 Extra Deck, 5 Spells and 3 Traps), so...

Archived