After a long hiatus the card maker has received a (small) update. This new release patches an issue with Microsoft Edge, where it wouldn't show checkboxes. This made it hard to create Link monsters (and Pendulum monsters to a lesser extend). Since theming was heavily involved in this issue, support for it has been removed (for now at least).
- Almost instant feedback, due to the card generating as you give input.
- Creation of custom Yu-Gi-Oh! cards based on various templates (many of which also have a Pendulum version):
- Dark Synchro
- Unity 1.1.0
- Specifying custom types and subtypes ("Union" and "Tuner" for example). This also applies to Spell and Trap cards.
- Provides support for rendering slightly unusual characters like: infinity, bullets (for effects), alpha through omega, Emojis, and so on. Please note that a different installed font might be used in such a case.
Many different themes to choose from, including the Dawn and Dusk theme.1.1.2
- Automatically saving the card upon leaving the page, so you can continue where you left of.
- Adding a foil effect to the image based on rarity1.1.0
- Different layouts which are better suited for landscape and portrait mode.
Though the card maker already provides a decent number of features, you can think of many more which would make it better. Some features that might get implemented in a newer version are listed here.
Providing the user with the option to select a rarity, which will change the text color and apply a foil finish to the image (if deemed appropriate).
- Letting the user crop the images they upload, so they don' need another application to do so before uploading said image.
- Make the card maker upload the image straight to Imgur, so a user doesn't have to do so themselves.
- Automatically give the downloaded image the name of the card, instead of "Image.png".
Despite some best efforts, there are still some issues with the card maker that have not yet been taken care of. Here is a list of known issues. Feel free to point out any other issues you might encounter with the card maker in this topic; it is basically what this topic is for.
Checkboxes for en-/disabling pendulum and link markers don't show up in Microsoft Edge. They only appear to be invisible, and should thus still work.1.1.2
- Finding the actual fonts is cumbersome, and some are protected by a pay wall. Alternatives which are freely hosted on Google are used instead. They might look somewhat different though.
- Not all sites allow their images to be used on others; hence some image URLs might not work.
Edited by Yemachu, 09 February 2019 - 07:27 AM.