Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Neo New Card maker - 1.1.1

Normal Effect Ritual Fusion Synchro Dark Synchro Xyz Link Pendulum Card maker

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Yemachu

Yemachu

Woomy

• Advanced Members
  • 675 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:45 PM

POPULAR

srkyHy1.png

Version 1.1.1

After a long hiatus the card maker has received a (small) update. Support for modifying the set-Id has been added in this new update. Some used fonts have been updated as well.
Features
  • Almost instant feedback, due to the card generating as you give input.
  • Creation of custom Yu-Gi-Oh! cards based on various templates (many of which also have a Pendulum version):
    • Normal
    • Effect
    • Ritual
    • Fusion
    • Synchro
    • Dark Synchro
    • Xyz
    • Unity 1.1.0
    • Link
    • Token
    • Spell
    • Trap
  • Specifying custom types and subtypes ("Union" and "Tuner" for example). This also applies to Spell and Trap cards.
  • Provides support for rendering slightly unusual characters like: infinity, bullets (for effects), alpha through omega, Emojis, and so on. Please note that a different installed font might be used in such a case.
  • Many[1] different themes to choose from, including the Dawn and Dusk theme.
  • Automatically saving the card upon leaving the page, so you can continue where you left of.
  • Adding a foil effect to the image based on rarity1.1.0
  • Different layouts  which are better suited for landscape and portrait mode.
Feature wishlist

Though the card maker already provides a decent number of features, you can think of many more which would make it better. Some features that might get implemented in a newer version are listed here.
  • Providing the user with the option to select a rarity, which will change the text color and apply a foil finish to the image (if deemed appropriate).
  • Letting the user crop the images they upload, so they don' need another application to do so before uploading said image.
  • Make the card maker upload the image straight to Imgur, so a user doesn't have to do so themselves.
Known issues

Despite some best efforts, there are still some issues with the card maker that have not yet been taken care of. Here is a list of known issues. Feel free to point out any other issues you might encounter with the card maker in this topic; it is basically what this topic is for.
  • It doesn't work on Internet Explorer... at all. Various used JavaScript features aren't supported by said browser.
  • Checkboxes for en-/disabling pendulum and link markers don't show up in Microsoft Edge. They only appear to be invisible, and should thus still work.
  • Finding the actual fonts is cumbersome, and some are protected by a pay wall. Alternatives which are freely hosted on Google are used instead. They might look somewhat different though.
  • Not all sites allow their images to be used on others; hence some image URLs might not work.
Older versions

[1]: "Many" is used to signify 2 in this case; just the example themes listed.

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,282 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:03 PM
  • Alias:Nai

Is there any chance for image cropping function to be added into this cardmaker? So far I'm satisfied with its looks.

Posted Image

Darkrai

Darkrai

• Night's Watch

• 13,535 posts
    Last Visit 37 minutes ago
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate
Can we get the mods to host this on YCM like we do the other card maker. Idk how I can thank you enough for this'll

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

HMS Prince of Wales

HMS Prince of Wales

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,229 posts
    Last Visit Today, 11:29 AM
  • Alias:Mitcher

QdJLcFI.png

quickly made something. it works pretty well i have to say.

the font is a little off though, i think i read somewhere once ygo cards use palatino linotype but idk if this is it. and i forgot if ygo card names are meant to be in all caps

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,282 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:03 PM
  • Alias:Nai

Oh, something I just remembered. Was the lack of rarity options in cardname intentional?

Posted Image

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 39,205 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:03 PM
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

Can we get the mods to host this on YCM like we do the other card maker. Idk how I can thank you enough for this'll

We'd need to get the code first as only Yemachu has access to it, plus actually check if it'll work on YCM. If you all recall, there are issues to why we can't modify the current one as-is, which involves PHP, uploading the required templates and having things saved to your account among other things iirc. 

If it's doable, then we can try seeing what can be done, but no guarantees.

QdJLcFI.png

quickly made something. it works pretty well i have to say.

the font is a little off though, i think i read somewhere once ygo cards use palatino linotype but idk if this is it. and i forgot if ygo card names are meant to be in all caps

Actually, most of the time, it's Matrix fonts (Normal monsters use ITCSerif, though the ones the templates Zex and I made use StoneSerif as a free alternative). Wikia has a list of the fonts used for cardmaking. 

http://yugioh.wikia....ayout#Typefaces

(Not updated for Link Ratings and stuff though, but in that case, it's FF Gothic [which is not free].)

Card names aren't all caps, but the font used (Matrix SmallCaps) already has small capital letters so it appears as such. 

======

Yemachu knows about the font problem as we've brought it up a few times. 

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Darkrai

Darkrai

• Night's Watch

• 13,535 posts

We'd need to get the code first as only Yemachu has access to it, plus actually check if it'll work on YCM. If you all recall, there are issues to why we can't modify the current one as-is, which involves PHP, uploading the required templates and having things saved to your account among other things iirc. 

Actually, most of the time, it's Matrix fonts (Normal monsters use ITCSerif, though the ones the templates Zex and I made use StoneSerif as a free alternative). Wikia has a list of the fonts used for cardmaking. 

http://yugioh.wikia....ayout#Typefaces
(Not updated for Link Ratings and stuff though, but in that case, it's FF Gothic [which is not free].)

Card names aren't all caps, but the font used (Matrix SmallCaps) already has small capital letters so it appears as such. 

======
Yemachu knows about the font problem as we've brought it up a few times.

Great can we pin this in news. It'll increase visibility

Posted Image

Yemachu

Yemachu

Woomy

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 675 posts

Is there any chance for image cropping function to be added into this cardmaker? So far I'm satisfied with its looks.

That feature might get added in a future version. For now you will have to handle the cropping yourself, or settle for a stretched image.

Oh, something I just remembered. Was the lack of rarity options in cardname intentional?

Sort of forgot about it to be honest, but there are some other considerations as well. Creating a convincing foil effect can be somewhat hard (there is also the point of determining what the card maker should take care of (silver lettering, foil finish on the picture etc.)). I also think that the users would prefer creating "common" cards, rather than waiting for a card maker that supports all rarities.

The Ne New Card maker works completely client side with static files, so only the relevant script tags need to be added to a page (the paths to the resources might need updating though). I don't know what options are available here. It would boil dow to something like:

<script src="cardmaker.js"></script>

If something like that is possible, we can incorporate the card maker in this site. The exact URLs needs some figuring out. It eill probably use a different styleheet.

Another option is using Iframes. This however introduces a lot of unnecessary scrolling, as it basically a mini browser window on your webpage.

And if those options don't work, it might be possible to add another link to the top of the web page (similar to how Tormented "recenty" added the "Start new topic" button).

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 39,205 posts

Great can we pin this in news. It'll increase visibility

Give me a sec to move it. 

(Or I knew Yemachu wanted to release it today, I would've temporarily given him a permission mask to post in News)

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Tormented

Tormented

Placebo Admin

• Moderators
  • 6,446 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:21 PM
  • Discord:Ash#9999

Most of the card makers on the themes are linked in a way that would allow me to just point them to this card maker... so that is an option.

"Off my chair, jester. The King sits there"

-

C A D E A U P O U R M O I

Thomas Zero

Thomas Zero

The HERO of YCM

• Senior Members
  • 6,431 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:45 PM
I would like to ask how you set the Link Markers up for Link Monsters on this?
Elemental HERO Kingdom Neos

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Clementine

• Survivor
  • 8,966 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:04 PM
  • Discord:Zaziuma#4720

So yeah, it's not the best when it comes to the fonts, and some of the quality of the image could be better, I wish that changing the type of card would also make the type line change along with it, I can already see that people aren't putting in the Synchro tag, there seems to be no way to put in a set-ID, maybe I missed that, but it's still a pretty decent card maker, the fact that what you write appears right away is helpful for sure, having quick access to the bullet hole and what not is nice too.

Here's my test:

flamender__neo_new_card_maker_test__by_z

I s a a c

I s a a c

Crybaby

• Oblique Memory
  • 2,051 posts
    Last Visit 2 minutes ago
  • Discord:Snatch Steal#8617
  • Spouse:~Spinny~

So obviously it doesn't look exactly like the original cards but oh my god I love this so much. 

r6iz0N2.png

I think the colors could be improved on the link monsters and it would be nice to be able to save cards in the database. Also sometimes it's hard to scroll

But wow I love this more than most things because it's mac compatible so thank you

Can we make a bigger post about this? Or make this stickied somewhere extremely important?

Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 3540-2584-8783
Switch Friend Code: SW-7980-7917-0781

Darkrai

Darkrai

• Night's Watch

• 13,535 posts

So obviously it doesn't look exactly like the original cards but oh my god I love this so much. 

r6iz0N2.png

I think the colors could be improved on the link monsters and it would be nice to be able to save cards in the database. Also sometimes it's hard to scroll

But wow I love this more than most things because it's mac compatible so thank you

Can we make a bigger post about this? Or make this stickied somewhere extremely important?

This is only Version 1, they're doing updates mate

Posted Image

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 39,205 posts

Just for reference, the templates used here are the Series 9 ones Zex and I worked on (so if the design of the Link seems familiar, it's the same one that is currently available for downloading in Showcase). The Link one isn't perfect, but that was when we had less clean resources to work with at the time. 

Series 10 one is a lot crisper, but yeah.

If you scroll down to the bottom, you'll see Link Arrows (in the box marked "Link Markers" under Pendulums). Click the ones you want to use to activate them (and obviously, make sure you got the Link template working). 

So yeah, it's not the best when it comes to the fonts, and some of the quality of the image could be better, I wish that changing the type of card would also make the type line change along with it, I can already see that people aren't putting in the Synchro tag, there seems to be no way to put in a set-ID, maybe I missed that, but it's still a pretty decent card maker, the fact that what you write appears right away is helpful for sure, having quick access to the bullet hole and what not is nice too.

Here's my test:

flamender__neo_new_card_maker_test__by_z

At the moment, yeah, there is no way to put a set ID (though it was suggested during beta testing). 

If there's enough interest, Yemachu can look into adding it for version 2 (which I think should be very simple to add)

=====

Font-wise, yeah, it isn't perfect (though he was given the necessary ones [and any close enough substitutes] with the series 10 one I gave him for beta testing). If I recall, it did have something to do with using browser-compatible fonts and stuff; you'd need to ask him about this directly. 

r6iz0N2.png

You can technically save your cards individually to desktop and reopen them later. Click "save" to save the file as a .json file and "open" to bring up your card again from the last time you saved it. 

It's slightly tedious and not as convenient, but yeah.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

I s a a c

I s a a c

Crybaby

• Oblique Memory
  • 2,051 posts
    Last Visit 2 minutes ago

This is only Version 1, they're doing updates mate

3aN3GJQ.png

• Ire likes this

Posted Image

HMS Prince of Wales

HMS Prince of Wales

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,229 posts
    Last Visit Today, 11:29 AM
  • Alias:Mitcher

I was pleasantly surprised to see the thing I made last time without saving and just closed the tab was still there.

NrPSK1e.png

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

Darkrai

Darkrai

• Night's Watch

• 13,535 posts
How exactly does the old card maker let you save on YCM? Is that related to the PHP file?

Posted Image

Yemachu

Yemachu

Woomy

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 675 posts

As Sakura has pointed out, the options are at the bottom of the page. If you have found them, but don't seem to work, you might need to wait for the arrows to "download". Otherwise you might need to force a repaint by altering one of the other traits that does work.

It shouldn't be too hard to get the card's type to show up automatically. There however are some things to consider here. The ("Illegal") god cards only show that they are Divine Beast-Type, which would not be quite possible to do if the type got automatically concatenated. Another point is that it can be somewhat hard to determine where the type should be inserted. It could be immediately after the first slash, but this comes at the cost of specifying multiple types (or custom ones you'd wish to appear before it).

You could think of various solutions. One such option would be a wildcard that gets replaced by the card's type (does that include pendulum?). Another option is having 2 text fields whose values get concatenated, with the type in between. I'd like to leave it to the community to come up with a sensible option for this issue.

As far as I'm aware, we have no access to the server-side of this site (at least I don't), not to mention the fact that the database (most likely) isn't designed to store the extra information for the link markers and pendulum stuff... though I suppose we could save that data alongside the monster's effect or something like that. And even if we had access, I'd rather not mess with it in fear of breaking it. The host used for the new card maker only serves static files, and thus has no separate database. The cards you are working on can therefore only be saved using localStorage, but that has a size limitation depending on the browser. As such, there won't be any support for storing the information in the cloud for the foreseeable future.

The issue with scrolling most likely comes from the fact that only the [right / bottom] half of the page supports it; if the cursor isn't there, it won't receive the scroll event.

I s a a c

I s a a c

Crybaby

• Oblique Memory
  • 2,051 posts
    Last Visit 2 minutes ago

I was pleasantly surprised to see the thing I made last time without saving and just closed the tab was still there.

NrPSK1e.png

I've been looking at this for a few minutes trying to figure out a funny response to it

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users