After a long hiatus the card maker has received a (small) update. Support for modifying the set-Id has been added in this new update. Some used fonts have been updated as well.
- Almost instant feedback, due to the card generating as you give input.
- Creation of custom Yu-Gi-Oh! cards based on various templates (many of which also have a Pendulum version):
- Dark Synchro
- Unity 1.1.0
- Specifying custom types and subtypes ("Union" and "Tuner" for example). This also applies to Spell and Trap cards.
- Provides support for rendering slightly unusual characters like: infinity, bullets (for effects), alpha through omega, Emojis, and so on. Please note that a different installed font might be used in such a case.
- Many different themes to choose from, including the Dawn and Dusk theme.
- Automatically saving the card upon leaving the page, so you can continue where you left of.
- Adding a foil effect to the image based on rarity1.1.0
- Different layouts which are better suited for landscape and portrait mode.
Though the card maker already provides a decent number of features, you can think of many more which would make it better. Some features that might get implemented in a newer version are listed here.
Providing the user with the option to select a rarity, which will change the text color and apply a foil finish to the image (if deemed appropriate).
- Letting the user crop the images they upload, so they don' need another application to do so before uploading said image.
- Make the card maker upload the image straight to Imgur, so a user doesn't have to do so themselves.
Despite some best efforts, there are still some issues with the card maker that have not yet been taken care of. Here is a list of known issues. Feel free to point out any other issues you might encounter with the card maker in this topic; it is basically what this topic is for.
- Checkboxes for en-/disabling pendulum and link markers don't show up in Microsoft Edge. They only appear to be invisible, and should thus still work.
- Finding the actual fonts is cumbersome, and some are protected by a pay wall. Alternatives which are freely hosted on Google are used instead. They might look somewhat different though.
- Not all sites allow their images to be used on others; hence some image URLs might not work.