Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Neo New Card maker - 1.1.1

Normal Effect Ritual Fusion Synchro Dark Synchro Xyz Link Pendulum Card maker

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 13,785 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:33 PM
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

As Sakura has pointed out, the options are at the bottom of the page. If you have found them, but don't seem to work, you might need to wait for the arrows to "download". Otherwise you might need to force a repaint by altering one of the other traits that does work.

It shouldn't be too hard to get the card's type to show up automatically. There however are some things to consider here. The ("Illegal") god cards only show that they are Divine Beast-Type, which would not be quite possible to do if the type got automatically concatenated. Another point is that it can be somewhat hard to determine where the type should be inserted. It could be immediately after the first slash, but this comes at the cost of specifying multiple types (or custom ones you'd wish to appear before it).

You could think of various solutions. One such option would be a wildcard that gets replaced by the card's type (does that include pendulum?). Another option is having 2 text fields whose values get concatenated, with the type in between. I'd like to leave it to the community to come up with a sensible option for this issue.

As far as I'm aware, we have no access to the server-side of this site (at least I don't), not to mention the fact that the database (most likely) isn't designed to store the extra information for the link markers and pendulum stuff... though I suppose we could save that data alongside the monster's effect or something like that. And even if we had access, I'd rather not mess with it in fear of breaking it. The host used for the new card maker only serves static files, and thus has no separate database. The cards you are working on can therefore only be saved using localStorage, but that has a size limitation depending on the browser. As such, there won't be any support for storing the information in the cloud for the foreseeable future.

The issue with scrolling comes from the fact that only the [right / bottom] half of the page supports it; if the cursor isn't there, it won't receive the scroll event.

Can you explain in laymans terms why the old card maker could save files on YCM, but we currently can't with the new card maker?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Thomas Zero

Thomas Zero

The Meme is spreading and it never stops

• Senior Members
  • 6,553 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:46 PM

If you scroll down to the bottom, you'll see Link Arrows (in the box marked "Link Markers" under Pendulums). Click the ones you want to use to activate them (and obviously, make sure you got the Link template working).

I see it now, its just the case that they don't appear when using Microsoft Edge but appear on Google Chrome.
Elemental HERO Kingdom Neos

Hachimitcher-Lemon

Hachimitcher-Lemon

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,237 posts
    Last Visit Sep 19 2018 09:24 PM
  • Alias:Mitcher

Can you explain in laymans terms why the old card maker could save files on YCM, but we currently can't with the new card maker?

I'll try to explain.

YCM the site has a storage, or like a box, that stores stuff made with the old cardmaker. We don't know how it works or how to access that, and we don't know if it would accept information/images made with the new card maker. YCMaker is the one who created that storage space so that it would receive cards from every account and index it such that the card data could be returned to the right user whenever they called for it. Chances are that storage space is paid for with site traffic as well.

The new cardmaker has a storage that has all the templates required for making cards, but doesn't have a way to add new images to it. For something like that, I'm betting we'd need to pay for a server to store and index them.

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

Yemachu

Yemachu

Woomy

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 707 posts
    Last Visit 58 minutes ago

Don't know whether I can, but I will give it a try with an analogy. It might not be completely correct, but I hope it gets the idea across.

You could compare the new card maker to IKEA. They have packaged everything needed for creating a chair, table, drawer, and so on (including the instructions). You just need to assemble it yourself (or let someone else do it for you). By only providing said packages they can opt to mass produce them, cutting the costs. Letting the client take care of assembling (and customizing) their furniture, the company only needs to worry about having enough in stock. An added advantage is that the client can have their furniture assembled almost instantly after purchase.

Compare that to a carpenter (old card maker), where you can also get all sorts of furniture. You however need to tell them what you desire, which they will need to keep track of one way or another (or they might create something completely wrong). In such a case it requires little extra effort to keep that information around. They will probably create the furniture in their workshop, and ship it once finished.

Another reason is that I know very little about server-side (or back-end) programming. So the database would probably be rather unstable and/or vulnerable to attacks.

I see it now, its just the case that they don't appear when using Microsoft Edge but appear on Google Chrome.

Interesting. It seems that the server - for some reason - tells Edge that it cannot find the requested image (which is used to make the checkbox more appealing); as such it has nothing to draw. They are still there... just invisible though. Further investigation will be required.

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 13,785 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:33 PM
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

I'll try to explain.

YCM the site has a storage, or like a box, that stores stuff made with the old cardmaker. We don't know how it works or how to access that, and we don't know if it would accept information/images made with the new card maker. YCMaker is the one who created that storage space so that it would receive cards from every account and index it such that the card data could be returned to the right user whenever they called for it. Chances are that storage space is paid for with site traffic as well.

The new cardmaker has a storage that has all the templates required for making cards, but doesn't have a way to add new images to it. For something like that, I'm betting we'd need to pay for a server to store and index them.

So this would be solved by getting access to YCMaker's PHP files then ....right?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Yemachu

Yemachu

Woomy

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 707 posts

So this would be solved by getting access to YCMaker's PHP files then ....right?

Not quite sure. I however somewhat have a feeling that we might not even need access to the PHP files. Though that depends somewhat on how the site responds to requests from another domain. If this site cooperative enough, we only need to figure out how to make requests and interpret the response, by poking at it (or looking at the PHP files). I know that it doesn't handle effects with question marks very well; maybe there are other troublesome characters.

Another thing that needs investigation is the size limit. Images uploaded straight from the user's device to the card maker are encoded as text, which could result in "large" files (basically the size of the image and then some).

EDIT: After looking at it for a bit, it seems that the card maker doesn't want to share its resources. Browsers prevent scripts from accessing data stored on a different domain, unless said domain explicitly gives permission to access it. YCM doesn't seem to want to share its information though. This is mostly enforced to protect the different sites and the user from each other.

Edited by Yemachu, 19 April 2018 - 03:22 PM.

All Beef Cow

All Beef Cow

Moove bitch, get out the way.

• Elite Members
  • 1,892 posts
    Last Visit Jun 15 2018 01:54 AM
  • Discord:Torps#5016
  • Spouse:ur mom

We have the Dark Synchro and Token templates which will work somewhat for this, but could there be a way for the cardmaker to allow us to create custom card types? Probably like its own little section in the cardmaker where you can select a color for the cards to be, then check whether or not the card uses Spell/Trap symbols, has Levels, has Level-stars-but-on-the-other-side, etc.

Actually, no, u.

Yemachu

Yemachu

Woomy

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 707 posts

We have the Dark Synchro and Token templates which will work somewhat for this, but could there be a way for the cardmaker to allow us to create custom card types? Probably like its own little section in the cardmaker where you can select a color for the cards to be, then check whether or not the card uses Spell/Trap symbols, has Levels, has Level-stars-but-on-the-other-side, etc.

What exactly do you mean with "color for the card to be"? This could namely refer to selecting the Spell / Trap border for a monster, for example. But could also mean that you want a palette from which you want to pick any random color, like green, brown or baby pink. The latter option will most likely have its own share of issues: does it need a galaxy (xyz) or honeycomb (link) pattern? do those types have pendulum support? and so on. Lastly, there is the option of giving the user the ability to upload the relevant images for border, star, spell/trap icon, etc.

The first and last option should be doable, but a reasonable amount of reworking will be needed. So it will take some time before such a feature gets implemented, assuming the rest of the community feels the same way about the need for such a feature. Then there is still the issue of how different settings will interact with eachother (Link markers and pendulum parts), and whether the card maker will be responsible for making it a pendulum border.

Also, you already have the option for the stars to appear on the other side of the card, by providing a negative number. Xyz and Dark Synchro just flip the sign behind the scenes. I don't quite see why you'd want that with the current templates, but the option is there I suppose.

All Beef Cow

All Beef Cow

Moove bitch, get out the way.

• Elite Members
  • 1,892 posts
    Last Visit Jun 15 2018 01:54 AM
  • Discord:Torps#5016
  • Spouse:ur mom

What exactly do you mean with "color for the card to be"? This could namely refer to selecting the Spell / Trap border for a monster, for example. But could also mean that you want a palette from which you want to pick any random color, like green, brown or baby pink. The latter option will most likely have its own share of issues: does it need a galaxy (xyz) or honeycomb (link) pattern? do those types have pendulum support? and so on. Lastly, there is the option of giving the user the ability to upload the relevant images for border, star, spell/trap icon, etc.

The first and last option should be doable, but a reasonable amount of reworking will be needed. So it will take some time before such a feature gets implemented, assuming the rest of the community feels the same way about the need for such a feature. Then there is still the issue of how different settings will interact with eachother (Link markers and pendulum parts), and whether the card maker will be responsible for making it a pendulum border.

Was meaning the middle one, but we could go for the third option instead. It's not that important of a feature; I just thought it'd be nice for the Experimental section to have a way of creating card borders and other things without having to put a ton of effort themselves to make the card look aesthetically pleasing.

Also, you already have the option for the stars to appear on the other side of the card, by providing a negative number. Xyz and Dark Synchro just flip the sign behind the scenes. I don't quite see why you'd want that with the current templates, but the option is there I suppose.

I didn't know about this.

Actually, no, u.

Yemachu

Yemachu

Woomy

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 707 posts

A new version of the card maker has been released. It adds support for a few rarities, and a new template type: Unity Monsters. Nothing major, but some of you might like it.

Also changed the host to GitHub Pages, which I - for some reason - missed when searching for a method to serve pages straight from github. It should automatically update when a new version gets released... though I'm not sure how well it handles caching (or bypassing thereof). As a side effect of switching domains, your automatically saved card will not be available there.

Different versions will be released via RawGit as well, so you could return to an older version should your browser not handle the new one all that well.

Dae

Dae

Legendary Member

• Pretentious Prick

• 16,723 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:26 PM
  • Alias:Dae
  • Spouse:Catman

Is there a way to have a back link to YCM from the New Card Maker?

IiGVtCm.png1st_Place.png

41682d2aec304c206d5c0d9ca3a4bd12.png

aussj4link

aussj4link

The Unlimited Saiyen

• Advanced Members
  • 166 posts
    Last Visit May 30 2018 01:40 PM

Just made something myself on it. I like it. Is there by chance a downloadable version of it?

tVb6GhO.png

Sthurdadross, The Apoc

Level 8
Dark
Fiend / Effect
ATK / ? DEF / ?

"Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by tributing 5 Fiend-Type Monsters from either side of the field. This card's ATK and DEF are equal to the number of cards on the Field, both player's Hands, GY, and number of cards Banished x200. If this card would be removed from the field by a card effect, you can remove a different card from your side of the field instead for the same removal type. When this card is successfully summoned, place one Master Counter on it (max 3), and place one more on this card during each of your Draw Phases. You can remove 3 Master Counters from this card during either player's turn to Special Summon one Fiend-Type Monster from your Hand, Deck, GY, or Banished cards ignoring summoning conditions."

Broke, I make card. Me like boom boom.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 39,984 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:50 PM
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

Just made something myself on it. I like it. Is there by chance a downloadable version of it?

tVb6GhO.png

Sthurdadross, The Apoc

Level 8
Dark
Fiend / Effect
ATK / ? DEF / ?

"Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by tributing 5 Fiend-Type Monsters from either side of the field. This card's ATK and DEF are equal to the number of cards on the Field, both player's Hands, GY, and number of cards Banished x200. If this card would be removed from the field by a card effect, you can remove a different card from your side of the field instead for the same removal type. When this card is successfully summoned, place one Master Counter on it (max 3), and place one more on this card during each of your Draw Phases. You can remove 3 Master Counters from this card during either player's turn to Special Summon one Fiend-Type Monster from your Hand, Deck, GY, or Banished cards ignoring summoning conditions."

Broke, I make card. Me like boom boom.

It's currently server-side only, so no, you need an internet connection to use it. You would need TCGEditor for offsite cardmaking, though yes, it has not been updated with Links at this time (and likely will not be, given how things are at present).

That being said, I don't think this is compatible as a downloadable program, taking into consideration modifying it for different operating systems. You'd need to ask Yemachu about this, because only he knows about the programming and if it's doable.

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Yemachu

Yemachu

Woomy

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 707 posts

Is there a way to have a back link to YCM from the New Card Maker?

That is quite easy to do. I presume you want it to link to the home page?

Is there by chance a downloadable version of it?

As far as I'm aware, most browsers can save a site so you can open it from your device. This might give some issues with used images (attribute and borders) though, since they are loaded when they are needed and might thus not get saved. Also, why exactly do you want to have a local version?

Dae

Dae

Legendary Member

• Pretentious Prick

• 16,723 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:26 PM
  • Alias:Dae
  • Spouse:Catman

That is quite easy to do. I presume you want it to link to the home page?

As far as I'm aware, most browsers can save a site so you can open it from your device. This might give some issues with used images (attribute and borders) though, since they are loaded when they are needed and might thus not get saved. Also, why exactly do you want to have a local version?

Or the forums, I guess. So people can post them. Maybe the CC forums or what not.

IiGVtCm.png1st_Place.png

41682d2aec304c206d5c0d9ca3a4bd12.png

sobek139

sobek139

Fresh Member

• Members
  • 1 posts
    Last Visit May 02 2018 03:27 PM

Excuse me, I'm a tad new here. Er, how the bloody breastplates do you work this thing? Every time I try to save, it just puts me on a blank page.

Yemachu

Yemachu

Woomy

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 707 posts

Every time I try to save, it just puts me on a blank page.

That is not supposed to happen; saving the data should prompt a download, though I suppose some browsers interpret it as a link to another page. With the (lack of) information you provided, we cannot really help you. Could you indicate which browser you are using, and its version?

Other than that, you could try switching to a recent version of Chrome or Firefox to see if that solves anything.

Yemachu

Yemachu

Woomy

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 707 posts

After a slight hiatus, the development of the card maker has been picked up again. A small "new" feature has been added: support for modifying the set-Id of the card. Besides that, some of the used fonts have been replaced by others; which are hopefully considered a better match.

If the changes aren't automatically reflected, you might need to clean your cache.

HulkTySSJ2

HulkTySSJ2

Click on my Sig!

• Elite Members
  • 1,917 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:55 PM

After a slight hiatus, the development of the card maker has been picked up again. A small "new" feature has been added: support for modifying the set-Id of the card. Besides that, some of the used fonts have been replaced by others; which are hopefully considered a better match.

If the changes aren't automatically reflected, you might need to clean your cache.

What about the old card maker?

Or can our old cards be transferred over?

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 39,984 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:50 PM
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

What about the old card maker?

Or can our old cards be transferred over?

No, you cannot transfer your old cards over; this one is on a different server than ours is and does not save cards to a member's name. 

As for the internal cardmaker we have, this is not the thread to be asking about it, as none of the staff members (least from those who can view the coding) can fix that without potentially bringing the whole thing down if something goes wrong.

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users