[Written] Cynetwork Recoded

Bringerofcake

Cynetwork Recoded

Continuous Trap

If the only Link monsters you control are co-linked Cyberse monsters, apply any effects to monsters that are co-linked to Cyberse monsters have to all monsters co-linked to co-linked Cyberse monsters.

This is a super muddy effect, and I'm sure someone will come in and correct it (which would be 100% welcome) but the gist is that your monsters that apply effects to monsters that are co-linked with them (Transcode, Excode) apply their effects to all your monsters co-linked to them, so say if you had an extra link of all Cyberse and you had a Transcode mixed in, all those co-linked monsters would gain the +500 and targeting protection. Given that Cyberse have this whole "network" thing going on, this feels like a suitable card to make, especially since Troymare basically do the same thing but with smaller bodies. It being a continuous trap means that it's (1) slower to activate and (2) able to be used as quick effect protection to apply to the whole field and (3) a form of protection that's not impossible to out (though the co linked monsters might still be indestructible by battle, so idk).

That's a confusing text, indeed, and I'm not sure yet of what you mean. Is it intended to only grant the effects that have a "co-linked" condition? or do they gain all of the effects of all co-Linked Cyberses you control?

The former. Basically, let's say I have a field of Transcode Talker, Excode Talker both pointing to a Firewall Dragon, who points at them. As it currently is, Excode and Transcode would apply to Firewall, so Firewall would gain +1000 ATK and would be unable to be targeted or destroyed by effects. If this card was in play, however, since excode is linked to firewall, and firewall is linked to Transcode, Excode would also gain the +500 ATK and target protection.

Archived