[ANIME] Judgement Arrows (just WTF was Konami thinking?)

Okay so this was... kinda weird, unexpected, but with much possibility

​VRAINS Episodes http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_VRAINS_-_Episode_047and http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_VRAINS_-_Episode_048

NeJcGmd.png
​Judgement Arrows (Normal Spell Card, Link Arrows ↖ ↑ ↗)
If a Link Monster this card points to battles, its ATK becomes double its current ATK during damage calculation only. When this card leaves the field while it points to a monster(s), destroy all those monsters. You can only control 1 "Judgment Arrows" in your Spell & Trap Zone a Link Monster points to.

​So I just happened by this on wikia, and effect aside the concept of a Spell Card having Link Arrows is very out-there but might be loads of fun. Considering the effect this card probably should have been either a Continuous or Equip Spell instead of Normal, but it does bring up some very important questions (should Konami go through and make this card as is). First, do the effects of certain Link Monsters that require them to be linked still able to be activated and applied if linked to this card, second can I still Special Summon monsters from my Extra Deck to zones THIS card points to or is that only for Link Monsters, finally if I control 1 Link Monster that points down to this card's middle-arrow, and I also control 1 other Link Monster that points to this card's top-right arrow, do those monsters count as being co-linked to each other or just the Spell?

But seriously, what do you think the chance is that Konami makes this card (as it is) IRL?

It's completely stupid and will take away and shortcoming needing to link creates. Konami is being so stupid with this move

I'm just asking if they would make it or not with the Link Arrows, I could also see them just making it without Link Arrows. This does remind me of when Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon debuted in the ARC-V anime and everyone thought it was just a fun joke to have an Xyz Monster also be a Pendulum Monster, then Konami made it just like from the anime.

The last sentence of the text seems to imply that you need to have a downward-pointing link monster to activate this in the first place, then whatever you summon in this card's linked zones is destroyed when this is (read: Tornado Dragon, Topologic Trisbaena).

So you need to set up investment before this is even functional (maybe not though? Anime text is unclear) and then it makes your board susceptible to backrow removal.

Unless I'm misunderstanding how it works, I'm pretty sure this is just a bad card.

The last sentence of the text seems to imply that you need to have a downward-pointing link monster to activate this in the first place, then whatever you summon in this card's linked zones is destroyed when this is (read: Tornado Dragon, Topologic Trisbaena).

So you need to set up investment before this is even functional (maybe not though? Anime text is unclear) and then it makes your board susceptible to backrow removal.

Unless I'm misunderstanding how it works, I'm pretty sure this is just a bad card.

Because summoning Link Kuriboh is so hard?

Link monsters weren't meant to be some big game slowing down drawback anyway.

They do depending on the deck. 

Because summoning Link Kuriboh is so hard?.

So, link summon linkuriboh.

Get it in the graveyard.

Tribute another level 1 to summon linkuriboh from grave

Activate this.

So, for 2 level 1 monsters, as well as an unsearchable spell card, you gain access to 2 linked MMZs, as well as having the EMZ open. You can ladder off the linkuriboh if you want, but either way you aren't accomplishing anything game breaking, nor are you gaining too much value over just setting up linked zones with cards that actually help your board state rather than give it a self destruct button.

The atk gain effect seems legitimately nice, but that doesn't really have anything to do with the point you're making.

Judgment Arrows (Normal Spell Card, Link Arrows ↖ ↑ ↗)

​So I just happened by this on wikia, and effect aside the concept of a Spell Card having Link Arrows is very out-there but might be loads of fun. Considering the effect this card probably should have been either a Continuous or Equip Spell instead of Normal

umm i think the anime this card debut on this card is specifically stated as Link Spell not "Normal (type) Spell with arrows" as what i get from your description. its was its own type despite lack of icon  kinda like Pendulum in Pendulum Zone is not categorize as normal spell for the same case.

oh yeah we got a nice  conclusion in earlier thread made from this card: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/372316-anime-judgement-arrows/?hl=arrows

-probs instead the implied restriction on the effects Judgement beside the attack boost will be the base of all link spell to come

-links never meant to restrict game if anything this enrich link strategy and help deck with need for cutting links in much supportive way (some will argue Link Monster is still more valueble since you can ladder it extensively. which this card fundamentally unable to)

umm i think the anime this card debut on this card is specifically stated as Link Spell not "Normal (type) Spell with arrows" as what i get from your description. its was its own type despite lack of icon  kinda like Pendulum in Pendulum Zone is not categorize as normal spell for the same case.

oh yeah we got a nice  conclusion in earlier thread made from this card: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/372316-anime-judgement-arrows/?hl=arrows

-probs instead the implied restriction on the effects Judgement beside the attack boost will be the base of all link spell to come

-links never meant to restrict game if anything this enrich link strategy and help deck with need for cutting links in much supportive way (some will argue Link Monster is still more valueble since you can ladder it extensively. which this card fundamentally unable to)

I just saw a Spell Card with Link Arrows on images, look at its page and thought how weird it is and if not this will ever be a real card.

Fixed a naming error on this card.

Archived