[Striker] Cutthroat Cardmaker III

Very well, PM it is. In that case, I'm going to modify the auction format into a two bid silent auction, meaning I'll group PM you the auction items then you each individually PM (not reply to the group PM) me two bids in increasing order for each item. Person with the highest bid wins (if both bids beat the other bids, then lowest of the two wins, for fairness). This is to accommodate for the timezone issue as a regular auction would take too long. Sounds good?

Sounds good to me 

Looks like judging got done early, so I won't keep you folks waiting.

[spoiler=Rubric: /50]Usability/Balance: 32
This is how overpowered or underpowered your card is; whether it has any utility at all, or can end up being disastrously strong in the current meta.

Creativity/Flavour: 16
Relates to how much the effects work with each other (if more than 1), the name of the card, the various stats, archetype/series (if any) and so on. Not just providing a consistent theming, but an interesting one, and so will be subjective to an extent. An image can be helpful to determine an intended design, but no marks will be deducted for having a written card.

OCG: 2
You were probably wondering why the two previous values had such odd numbers! I normally rank card grammar higher, but I see it as less and less as an important thing in card design. Because of that, I dropped 3 points from it and spread it among the other two categories, because I like keeping the total nice.
0 - Unreadable/not understandable (No colons used, too many full stops, too much unofficial language)
1 - Readable, but with quite a few errors (Normally capitalization or just incorrect colon usage)
2 - Few or no errors (Will grant this even if the card isn’t 100% perfect)

[spoiler=Cyberse Guide to the Digital World (Ultimagamer)]

Cyberse Guide of the Digital World
Level 3 / Light / Cyberse / Pendulum / Effect
1000 attack / 600 defense / Pendulum Scale: 0
Pendulum Effect: While this card is in your pendulum scale, if your other pendulum zone scale is higher than 5, it becomes 5. This effect cannot be negated. During your main phase: you can target 1 Level 4 or lower Cyberse type monster in your graveyard, except "Cyberse Guide of the Digital World"; tribute this card, then add that targeted monster to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Cyberse Guide of the Digital World" once per turn.
Monster Effect: When this card is normal summoned; you can special summon 1 level 4 or lower Cyberse type monster from your hand or deck to your field, except "Cyberse Guide of the Digital World". It cannot be used as an Xyz or synchro material. You can only use this effect of "Cyberse Guide of the Digital World" once per turn.

And lo, there was a card that is literally never dead in Cyberse.dek! LIGHT for Seraphinite, so no issues with your Normal Summon, and it grants you any level 4 or lower Cyberse monster from your Deck on its NS, of which there are so many targets. They’re all really searchable, but most importantly of all, they’re all really supportive of each other. You can get a search, a SS, a NS, anything you want with this card. It’s even searchable by Lady Debugger.

Of course, an on NS effect like this wouldn’t necessarily be broken on its own, but the fact that if you open multiple of these, you can just use it to recycle a monster from your GY OR you can just use it for that in the first place. In these decks, you’re only running Level 4 or lower Cyberse monsters, so it can grab any of your monsters. Neither of these effects would be bad on its own, but as of now, it’s just too good. Being a scale 0 doesn’t help its case, with that “restriction” on the other Pendulum Scale A) not seeing use because this card doesn’t need to be in a Pendulum Deck and B) as said before, you’re only playing Level 4 or lower Cyberse monsters anyway. There is literally a larger Level 4 pool than the entire Level 5+ pool combined.

I have been ranting on this card, but it's not really that overpowered. There's nothing to abuse, no crazy loops, no sudden change in the meta-game; just one Deck with just the card needed to push them over the edge.

They’re pretty generic effects, but so are 90% of Cyberse cards so I’ll let it slide. Nothing particularly interesting with Type/Attribute, but if it works, I can’t really fault in the flavour department. It’s just a shame that it doesn’t tie into its Pendulum Nature at all. Even with that rather cool name, this just strikes me as another generic Cyberse monster, not very creative at all.

Usability/Balance: 20/32 (Not absurdly broken, but pretty powerful when compared to the rest of the pool)
Creativity/Flavour: 10/16 (Fits with the Cyberse theme, but doesn’t seem to do much on its own)
OCG: 1/2 (Incorrect colon usage and capitalization on both effects. Tributing a Spell Card :/)
Total: 31/50

[spoiler=Dark Dragon Destroyer (xray1324)]

lKINSjE.png

Monster Eff:
2 Level 4 Dragon-type monsters
If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck. If 1 or more other Dragon-type monsters would be destroyed by a card effect, you can detach 1 material from this card instead.
If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can pay 1000 LP; Place this card in one of your unoccupied Pendulum Zones.
Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card; Send 1 card on the field to the GY.
Pend Eff:
All Dragon-type monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each non-Dragon-type monster your opponent controls, and has in their GY. You can only Pendulum Summon Dragon-type monsters.

This really doesn’t have as large a pool as one would think. There’s the potential for it to be played in Pendulum Dracoslayer, even Heraldic Beasts, but there’s not really anything that can consistently go into this. With that being said, it has an extremely powerful main monster effect, being non-targeting AND non-destroying removal. Sending to the GY I would rank as being on the same Level if slightly weaker than returning to the hand, as it isn’t as effect on ED monsters, but for MD monsters at least it doesn’t let your opponent use them again. Also, GY effects!

Basic monster->Pendulum changing effect, except now it has a LP cost. Really a just minor inconvenience in today’s Yu-Gi-Oh, but the benefits it provides are worth it anyway. You don’t even need to be playing Dracoslayers to take advantage of it, and while the boost is small, it does stack up...and if your opponent wants to get rid of it, it probably won’t trouble you too much, and they’re down a card. Decent scale, good for anything except BEWD.

This literally a DARK Dragon Destroyer...except it doesn’t destroy monsters. That really doesn’t matter, as it does fit with its own name rather well, but rather exactly what it says on the tin. There’s very little there to work with...not even it fitting its own Type. Attribute, maybe. Nothing there for its Pendulum nature or even its Pendulum effect.

Usability/Balance: 27/32 (Hard to go into, but really useful when it does. Monster effect just a tad too powerful.)
Creativity/Flavour: 9/16 (Exactly what it says on the tin, and not much more than that.)
OCG: 2/2 (Just two capitalization issues and old Type usage.)
Total: 38/50

[spoiler=Fine-Tuned Seraph (Giga)]

Isn5I6S.png

Pendulum Effect: During your Main Phase: You can target 1 Synchro or Pendulum monster you control; destroy this card, and if you do, that target is treated as a turner until the next End Phase. You can only use this effect of "Fine-tuned Seraph" once per turn.

Monster Effect: 1 tuner + 1 more non-tuner monsters

You can only summon "Fine-tuned Seraph" once per turn. If this card would be placed face-up in the Extra Deck from a monster card zone: You may instead place it in your unoccupied Pendulum Zone.

You could go into this card without too much effort. Level 4 Synchros are hard to make, but people can do it easily want to. You could then grab another Tuner, use this to Synchro Summon another Synchro, then you could make another monster of yours a Tuner until the next End Phase.

But why would you do any of that?

It’s not a Tuner, so you’re basically turning your Tuner that you used to Summon this card into a non-Tuner. That, combined with the fact that it doesn’t provide any real immediate benefit (of any sort), means it suffers as a ladder, so you’re going to have go out of your way to use this. Not only that, but all this card provides when you do make the effort to Summon it is making one of your monsters a Tuner, without any additional bonus. I needed two Tuners to make this card live (one to Summon it, one to use it to Summon), and only now this card is giving me an easy Tuner?

It’s just bad. Pendulum Synchro Decks can’t or won’t Summon this, so there’s no real use to its scale, either. Synchros have enough of a hard time in Link Era without forcing them to have another step on the way to their boss.

On the other hand, that name and art combination is byotiful. Thematically wise, this card checks all the requirements, proving you can be both simple and effective. It still feels a bit lackluster though...I really can’t put my finger on it. Perhaps its that it’s “too simple”, but I guess it just failing as ladder, even with just the idea, brings it down.

Usability/Balance: 16/32 (Bad ladder, nothing else there.)
Creativity/Flavour: 15/16 (Pristine, but still a little meh.)
OCG: 1/2 (Capitalization issues, and misspelling of Tuner. Non-standard monster effect grammar.)
Total: 32/50

[spoiler=Genesis Witch (Yui)]

dcNYM66.png

PENDULUM

If a monster would be destroyed, you can destroy 1 other monster on the field with the same Type as that monster instead. If a non-Pendulum monster is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, and all of its Materials have the same original Attribute: You can Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

MONSTER

2 monsters with the same Type or Attribute
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards you control to your GY OR banishing the above cards from your GY (you do not use "Polymerization"). If this monster you control is destroyed: Place it in your Pendulum Zone.

This time, I give you the card that is virtually never dead! A Fusion with no Poly that can be Summoned at any time! Fusion Summon it using the field, then Fusion Summon it again using the GY! While you aren’t actually doing that specific combo in Link Era, this is still a monster that doesn’t have any sort of once per turn clause on its Summoning, meaning you load up your GY in any Type/Attribute specific Deck (or even any Deck that has 2 or 3 Types) and you can use this card for Link fodder. You’re not going to get it in the Pendulum Zone most of the time.

Speaking of that little unused Pendulum Effect, it’s also pretty busted. Non-targeting potential removal for mirror matches, or even just similar match-ups in this DARK/LIGHT-mostly game . It basically means your opponent can’t destroy your monsters OR THEIR OWN (RIP True Dracos/similar Decks) without destroying this card. I’m more of a fan of the second effect, being a simple means of either getting out this card as a Link Material OR Xyz Rank 4 Material. Gotta love Type/Attribute Rank 4 Decks. It’s a creative little thing; one fresh nugget in this otherwise sour meal. Also, I just realized this card works incredibly well with Instant Fusion! Oh joy!

DARK Spellcaster called Genesis Witch. Simple, to the point, but not really seeing the Genesis. It doesn’t Summon monsters, as it needs to be Summoned itself. Maybe it’s referencing the beginning of Yu-Gi-Oh, where Types/Attributes were there instead of archetypes? Who knows.

Usability/Balance: 6/32 (Poor design in general; both broken and otherwise useless.)
Creativity/Flavour: 13/16 (Simple little card. If only it made more sense.)
OCG: 2/2 (Perfect, save for a have instead of had.)
Total: 21/50

Sorry Yui, but it looks like your card just couldn't handle the heat. Thank you for playing, my good sir. *collects Yui's 25,000 points* And now there were three. Card requirement will be up tomorrow, so stay tuned.

First off, the cards being judged for round 1 aren't visible, nor is the requirement. That's a pretty clear mistake.

Additionally, as a note to Dova, Seraph triggers when used as link material, while the pendulum effect creates tuners while also setting itself up to be pendulum summoned, for further link/synchro summons. That's a pretty big deal, when it can be used for Electrumite or countless other options. I wasn't pushed out this round, so no big deal, but a pretty big oversight on your part.

Additionally, as a note to Dova, Seraph triggers when used as link material, while the pendulum effect creates tuners while also setting itself up to be pendulum summoned, for further link/synchro summons. That's a pretty big deal, when it can be used for Electrumite or countless other options. I wasn't pushed out this round, so no big deal, but a pretty big oversight on your part.

The problem with using it as a Link Material is that you're turning 2 minimum Materials into 1, which would be useful if there was really any reason to go into it. Good Pendulum Decks can't easily make S4, and you would have to design your Deck in such a way to properly be able to take advantage of this card, but honestly most Pendulum variants can make Electrumite no problem without the need for this card.

The problem with its Pendulum Effect is that you'd need to have an empty scale, which doesn't bode well for its potential reusing and such late-game, unless your opponent does you a favour and pops the right scale. Anyway, you'd need two scales to Pendulum Summon this card in the first place, meaning your scales won't be exactly free at the time unless you specifically play to have them broken. And again, virtually all decks that can break their scales won't need this card.

Yes, you can use this to Summon Electrumite in non-Pendulum Decks, but either you're running enough Pendulums to make Electrumite consistently without this card or you don't have enough to really take advantage of said Link Monster. This card clashes with itself.

[spoiler=Ally of Justice Grand Base (Ultimagamer)]

Ally of Justice Grand Base 

Spell - Field

All "Ally of Justice" monsters you control gain 300 ATK/DEF. While you control a DARK Machine-Type monster, all monsters in your opponent's hand, field, GY, and face-up in their Extra Deck are treated as LIGHT monsters. While you control this card Level 5 or higher "Ally of Justice" monsters can be Normal Summoned without Tributing. When they are summoned this way, you can make their Level become 4.

A simple card when you think about it, but not that well designed. Yes, you have the obvious hole patched up by treating everything as DARK, but you don't really have anything sorted with the other two. An ATK gain gives you points for flavour, I guess, as it fits the old days of field spells, but with Castator and similar cards, they really didn't need it. Especially not with this card's aforementioned enabling effect.

The last effect is the definition of a sweetener; Ally of Justice has to play this card to raise their power level at all, so it didn't really matter what the last effect was, but it could have at least been something better than this. It doesn't even Normal Summon in addition to your Normal Summon for the turn; it just enables a few of the high level monsters, one of which can already be SSd from your hand. Don't know why the Level 4 changing is there; I guess it allows access to the 2 non-Tuner Synchros? Could've gone either way without changing much.

That being said, the card itself isn't bad. It's just that Ally of Justice are Tier 23, and would really take a lot to make them good. This card helps, but, well, practically anything would. Anything of the modern standards would've made them better in some way, but unfortunately, this card doesn't even do it that well.

You could've taken a whole lot more liberty on the name, considering it's barely even an archetype as it is, but even if you still wanted to keep Ally of Justice in the name, it could've been better. Main effect is exactly what you see on every Ally of Justice support set, but that is because they need it so it's not so much of a problem. Field effect is rather generic, but harkens back to a simpler time, but the last effect just seems out of place.

Usability/Balance: 20/32 (Cards supported are really bad, with this card being only slightly less so.)
Creativity/Flavour: 12/16 (Interesting balance between generic, and, well...interesting.)
OCG: 2/2 (Almost perfect.)
Total: 34/50

[spoiler=True Pandemonium (xray1324)]

0ci25eP.png

Effect: 

You do not have to pay LP by the effects of any 'Archfiend' monsters, nor do you have to pay LP as a cost to activate a 'Archfiend' monster's effect.

When this card is activated; Add 1 'Archfiend' monster from your deck to your hand. If this card leaves the field; pay 800 LP for each 'Archfiend' monster you currently control.

Once per turn, during your opponent's turn (Quick Effect): If your opponent Special Summon's a monster, you can target that monster and 1 'Archfiend' monster you control; shuffle those targets into their respective controller's hands.

You can only activate 1 'True Pandemonium' per turn.

I think this card does too much for one thing. Search, LP prevention, and that really weird yet nifty bouncing effect. Search effect being so generic with such a wide array of targets (Infernity Archfiend, anyone?) makes it one of those cards that are really easy engine use...which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

But yeah, while the former card takes the archetype and doesn't really do much with this, this card basically becomes a one-card "archfiends are good again" which really isn't a good design choice in my book. It becomes less of the archetype and more of this-card-turbo. Other than that...pretty simple card; search, do a Psychic field by not paying LP then paying them if your opponent pops the, BUT NO PANDEMONIUM SUPPORT :(

Yeah, fits the basic archfiend theme completely, but doesn't really go anywhere beyond that. It doesn't give you freedom to choose whether you wanna go with the self-destruction route or not, rather giving you a basic card that will fit every build by not committing. And that's fine; it's just a shame not to see any more love for the Archfiends.

Really torn on the last effect; on the one hand it sticks out like a sore thumb, not only on this card but Archfiends in general, but it is useful. Props for creativity, I guess.

Usability/Balance: 25/32 (Cards supported are really bad, with this card being only slightly less so.)
Creativity/Flavour: 14/16 (Truly an archfiend card, with quite a final effect.)
OCG: 1/2 (Shuffling into the hand, apostrophes and colons misplaced.)
Total: 40/50

[spoiler=D/D/D Sun King Cleopatra]

t7SS4CB.png

2 "D/D" monsters

If a "D/D/D" monster(s) is Special Summoned to a zone this card points to: You can Special Summon 1 "D/D" monster from your Deck that has a different attribute. You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card you control; destroy it, and it you do, you can Special Summon 1 "D/D" monster from your hand. You can only use each effect of "D/D/D Sun King Cleopartra" once per turn.

Wow.

Firstly, main effect. Lovely means of differentiating the monster from the rest of the D/D/D line-up, and the effect, while being very strong in terms of basic combos, has that beautiful Attribute prevention effect that means that you're going to have to use your Extra Deck wisely. Well, actually, not too wisely, because Summoning Wave/Flame King means you already have access to your entire Deck. This card is even easier to make than both of them.

Of course, it couldn't stop there. It needed another means of swarming; you have GY and Deck covered already, so why not have this card deal with the hand as well? Also, yet another means of removing those pesky damaging contracts, although the fact you have a choice means that sometimes you're actually going to be keeping it, hoping to take advantage of it next turn as well. Ah well, whatever your combo needs. Still too much; the card wouldn't be so broken if the rest of the archetype didn't do the same thing, but as it stands, it combos far too easily, and enables practically everything in the Deck, making that Archfiend Link 2 completely redundant.

Despite the power issues, I really do love this card against my better judgement. Flavourful, trying to do its own thing with the Link 2 arrows, hitting an Attribute the archetype never touched before, and a goddamn fitting name. What's not to like?

Usability/Balance: 22/32 (This deck didn't need a Double Helix.)
Creativity/Flavour: 16/16 (Beautiful.)
OCG: 1/2 (Attribute specification vagueness, capitalization issues.)
Total: 39/50

Looks like heavy spending couldn't save you, Ultimagamer. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to take the remainder of your points. Thank you for playing, and I hope you can participate in the future.

As for xray1324 and Giga, your final requirement will be up shortly and the auction will follow tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. Giga missed the deadline (even after I extended it for two days for him), so he has been DQ'd. Therefore, xray1324 wins 25,000 points. I still had Dova grade xray's cards, which are below. Before this thread closes, I'll conduct the Cutthroat Cardmaker After-Show with Dova via PM and post the contents here. Stay tuned.

[spoiler=xray1324]

Jo4FVK4.png
Eff: This card must first be Ritual Summoned by the effect of 'Painting of the Aligned Artist', or by a Ritual Spell card's effect that specifically sends LIGHT monsters from anywhere to the GY as materials.
When this card is Special Summoned: You can pay 1000 LP; add 1 Ritual Spell or Level 6 or lower Ritual Monster from your deck to your hand.
You can only activate this effect of 'Aligned Artist' once per turn.
When this card is used for a Ritual Summon of a Ritual Monster, except 'Aligned Artist'; That monster gains 1400 ATK and 1200 DEF, and until the End Phase, is unaffected by other card effects, except it's own.
iZszlkN.png
Eff: This card is used to Ritual Summon 'Aligned Artist'. You must also banish monsters whose total levels equal exactly 4 from your side of the field, hand or GY.

It's a Pre-Prep target, and a really easy one to Summon at that, as while it requires the hand to be Summoned, it can use material from the GY. It almost replenishes itself through the search, but doesn't quite have the oomph to override its lack of consistency. An extra buff when used as a material is nice and all, but Rituals aren't known for their consistency to be able to properly support it.

I can't think of any Deck that takes advantage of this card. Gishkis need their GY and are mostly Ziel turbo, Shinobirds also have a Level 8 and don't really need Spell searchers, Demise/Ruin needs Tributing not banishing, and only has one searchable target, and Cyber Angels search around Level 6, so getting both the materials and use for this card are an effort, and BLS, while being able to use their Ritual Spell to Summon it, doesn't normally run any viable materials at all, and their boss is also higher than Level 6. This card just doesn't have enough to make it good.

Any real reason for the art symbolism? It doesn't mesh with any Ritual Deck so far, I can't tell how it relates to the effect in anything other than a generic manner, and the Painting Summoning the Painter also seems odd.

Usability/Balance: 23/32 (Loads of potential uses, but none of them viable.)
Creativity/Flavour: 10/16 (Nice effect, meh theming.)
OCG: 2/2 (Experimental wording and misplaced colons)
Total: 35/50

Not the best Wrap-Up show out of the three that have been done, but here we go folks.

[spoiler=Cutthroat Card Maker III Wrap-Up Show]

Striker:

So it has been a tradition (for the last two iterations of this contest) to do an after-show where I tell you the sabotages that took place. I'd like your thoughts on these sabotages, what you would have done if you won the item, and what you would have done if you got the item.

[spoiler=Round 1]

Create a Level 4 or lower Pendulum monster.

[spoiler=Item 1]

A part of the Pendulum mechanic is that it is sent to the Extra Deck when it is destroyed, which is interesting for the majority of Pendulum Monsters that didn't start out in the Extra Deck; however, things get more interesting when they were in the Extra Deck to begin with. Win this auction, and you can assign one type of Extra Deck monster (Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz) to each of your opponents (each opponent gets a different one) and they must create a Pendulum monster with that type of Extra Deck monster.

Ultimagamer won this for 1,000 points. Who got what should be obvious, but for reference: Yui got Fusion, xray got Xyz, and Giga got Synchro.

[spoiler=Item 2]

Versatility is an important aspect of cards, and that especially holds true for Pendulum monsters with their monster effects and pendulum effects. Win this auction, and you can force one of your opponents to create a Pendulum monster with no monster effects, other than the conditions necessary to Summon them (and Pendulum Summon in the case of Xyz). Note that this item is compatible with item 1 as you can make "vanilla" versions of Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz monsters.

Ultimagamer won this for 5,000. Yui got stuck with making a "vanilla" Fusion (combined with Item 1).

So, Ultimagamer went swinging to start off, and managed to take Yui out with the one-two punch.

[spoiler=Round 2]

Create a card that supports an archetype that primarily consists of DARK monsters.

[spoiler=Item 1]

The initial card requirement does imply that you get to choose the archetype that you will work with, but that won't be the case for one of you. Win this auction, and you get to choose a valid archetype and say to one of your opponents "I hope you enjoy working with this" as they will have to work with the archetype that you choose for them. Sounds evil, eh?

Ultimagamer won this for 1,000 points. xray had to create support for Archfiends.

[spoiler=Item 2]

One of DARK's tropes, if you will, is its interaction with the Graveyard. Well, let's see how one of you does without that. Win this auction, and you can select one opponent and prevent them from using effects that deal with the Graveyard in any form. That means no revival, no banishing from the Graveyard, no sending to the Graveyard, etc. If it deals with the Graveyard, you can't do it.

Ultimagamer won this for 6,000 points, and gave it to Giga. So, I imagine some of Giga's design choices were to best compensate for this.

Ultimagamer tried to use the same strategy as Round 1 (probably realized his cardmaking abilities wouldn't stand that much of a chance, and still lost. Goes to show spending big is no substitute for cardmaking abilities.

[spoiler=Round 3]

Create a generic Ritual Monster and a Ritual Spell. By generic, the Ritual Monster and Ritual Spell cannot support a specific archetype.

[spoiler=Item 1]

Who here remembers those old-fashioned Ritual Spells? You know, the ones like Hamburger Recipe that Ritual Summon their corresponding Ritual Monster and do nothing else. Well, that's the item up for auction. Win this auction and you can force your opponent to create an old-fashioned Ritual Spell like Hamburger Recipe for their Ritual Monster. Let's see how you compensate for that.

Giga won this item for 25,000 points (yes, all his points), forcing xray to do a suboptimal Ritual Spell.

[spoiler=Item 2]

When I think of a Ritual Monster, I think of high level monsters like Demise, King of Armageddon or Evigishki Gustkraken that pack powerful effects. Well, one of you won't be able to capitalize on the use of high level Ritual monsters. Win this auction and you can force your opponent to create a Level 4 or lower Ritual monster. There is only so much that a low level monster can get away with, so let's see how you meld that with Rituals.

No one bid on this, so it wasn't used.

Giga may have been DQ'd, but at least he didn't leave any points on the table.

Dova:

[spoiler=Round 1]Wouldn't have gone for Item 1; not restrictive enough to be of much use, and I trust most cardmakers to be versatile enough to be able to work with whatever was given. If I had a more clear idea of my opponent's and their design preferences, maybe, but certainly not against good cardmakers. If selected for it...well, didn't really matter. Would've been helpful actually, so I could narrow down my ideas.

Would have absolutely gone to town if I'd been assigned Item 2. I love Vanilla Pendulums, and have a lot of personal experience designing for them. Probably would've thrown it against the best cardmaker in the contest if I'd bought it, but wouldn't have auctioned too much on it. Not that much of a restriction, unless I'd also bought the first item. Probably would've combined it with Xyz or Synchro if I had.

[spoiler=Round 2]Would've definitely bought Item 1 and assigned Ally of Justice to someone haha. I'd like to think I'm decent at generic archetype support, when I am forced to do it. However...

With Item 2, the floor is much more open. How about some nasty BA support + GY restriction! Considering Burning Abyss is a pretty decent archetype, any support card made better be useful, and the GY restriction should limit that. Save for a generic searcher, but that would've still lost marks from me anyway :P

As for designing under them, really depends what archetype I would've got. I hate the GY, so second one doesn't affect me as much, but the only real DARK archetypes I have experience with are Red-Eyes, Shaddoll, and maybe Venom.

[spoiler=Round 3]Definitely would've bought Item 1, as it is a killer, and did harm Xray in my review. Really hard to work around that, although what I would've done is made the Ritual Spell Summon from many locations, as all the requirements do specify is "Summons the Ritual Monster and nothing else".

Item 2 could've been tricky to work with, but I might've just made a Level 2 anyway for the hell of it. Not much of a restriction for many Decks, especially for its lack of requirements.

As for your points xray, they are coming now. Thank you all for participating, and I hope I can do another one of these during the Summer. ^^

Archived