Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[Striker] Cutthroat Cardmaker III

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

(🕷️)

(🕷️)

Spectacular

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,217 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:33 PM
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:cinnamon
Fuck it, if Yui is part of this, count me back in.

Nothing better than crushing friends.

Nathanael D. Striker

Nathanael D. Striker

Livin' the dream.

• Topic Starter
  • Twilight Wanderer

• 19,445 posts
    Last Visit 13 minutes ago
  • Discord:Striker#1560
  • Alias:Striker

Welcome back Giga, you make four. Everyone here comfortable with doing auctions via Discord or via PM? Let me know soon, and I'll send the invite link of everyone agrees for Discord.

@Yui

@(temmie)

@xray1324

@Ultimagamer

SkDC0v5.png

(🕷️)

(🕷️)

Spectacular

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,217 posts
Honestly I think PM is strictly better.

Ultimagamer

Ultimagamer

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • 461 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 01:54 PM

Honestly I think PM is strictly better.

I would also prefer private messaging

Posted ImagePosted Image

It's So True

My Nep Card

My Best Work

How Embarassing

Nathanael D. Striker

Nathanael D. Striker

Livin' the dream.

• Topic Starter
  • Twilight Wanderer

• 19,445 posts
Very well, PM it is. In that case, I'm going to modify the auction format into a two bid silent auction, meaning I'll group PM you the auction items then you each individually PM (not reply to the group PM) me two bids in increasing order for each item. Person with the highest bid wins (if both bids beat the other bids, then lowest of the two wins, for fairness). This is to accommodate for the timezone issue as a regular auction would take too long. Sounds good?

SkDC0v5.png

Ultimagamer

Ultimagamer

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • 461 posts

Very well, PM it is. In that case, I'm going to modify the auction format into a two bid silent auction, meaning I'll group PM you the auction items then you each individually PM (not reply to the group PM) me two bids in increasing order for each item. Person with the highest bid wins (if both bids beat the other bids, then lowest of the two wins, for fairness). This is to accommodate for the timezone issue as a regular auction would take too long. Sounds good?

Sounds good to me 

Posted ImagePosted Image

It's So True

My Nep Card

My Best Work

How Embarassing

(🕷️)

(🕷️)

Spectacular

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,217 posts
I disagree with the use of silent auction, but I understand that it is such because I exploited the bidding war in the first tournament, so fair fucking enough.

Nathanael D. Striker

Nathanael D. Striker

Livin' the dream.

• Topic Starter
  • Twilight Wanderer

• 19,445 posts

First requirement is coming up now and the auction PM will be sent out shortly.

SkDC0v5.png

Nathanael D. Striker

Nathanael D. Striker

Livin' the dream.

• Topic Starter
  • Twilight Wanderer

• 19,445 posts

Looks like judging got done early, so I won't keep you folks waiting.

Rubric: /50

Cyberse Guide to the Digital World (Ultimagamer)

Dark Dragon Destroyer (xray1324)

Fine-Tuned Seraph (Giga)

Genesis Witch (Yui)

Sorry Yui, but it looks like your card just couldn't handle the heat. Thank you for playing, my good sir. *collects Yui's 25,000 points* And now there were three. Card requirement will be up tomorrow, so stay tuned.

SkDC0v5.png

Nathanael D. Striker

Nathanael D. Striker

Livin' the dream.

• Topic Starter
  • Twilight Wanderer

• 19,445 posts
Round 2 requirement is up. Auction will start shortly, hopefully.

SkDC0v5.png

(🕷️)

(🕷️)

Spectacular

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,217 posts
First off, the cards being judged for round 1 aren't visible, nor is the requirement. That's a pretty clear mistake.

Additionally, as a note to Dova, Seraph triggers when used as link material, while the pendulum effect creates tuners while also setting itself up to be pendulum summoned, for further link/synchro summons. That's a pretty big deal, when it can be used for Electrumite or countless other options. I wasn't pushed out this round, so no big deal, but a pretty big oversight on your part.

Ultimagamer

Ultimagamer

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • 461 posts
It would be pretty neat to see what the other cards were

Posted ImagePosted Image

It's So True

My Nep Card

My Best Work

How Embarassing

Nathanael D. Striker

Nathanael D. Striker

Livin' the dream.

• Topic Starter
  • Twilight Wanderer

• 19,445 posts
Ah yes, I did post all the cards after each round of judging. Once I get back to my dorm room later today, I'll take care of that. As for the requirement, the initial requirement for Round 1 and 2 are in the OP.

SkDC0v5.png

Nathanael D. Striker

Nathanael D. Striker

Livin' the dream.

• Topic Starter
  • Twilight Wanderer

• 19,445 posts

Cards were added to the Round 1 Judging post. Everyone has bid on the auction, so proceeding with that now.

SkDC0v5.png

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• 3,567 posts
    Last Visit Today, 08:00 AM
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova

Additionally, as a note to Dova, Seraph triggers when used as link material, while the pendulum effect creates tuners while also setting itself up to be pendulum summoned, for further link/synchro summons. That's a pretty big deal, when it can be used for Electrumite or countless other options. I wasn't pushed out this round, so no big deal, but a pretty big oversight on your part.

The problem with using it as a Link Material is that you're turning 2 minimum Materials into 1, which would be useful if there was really any reason to go into it. Good Pendulum Decks can't easily make S4, and you would have to design your Deck in such a way to properly be able to take advantage of this card, but honestly most Pendulum variants can make Electrumite no problem without the need for this card.

The problem with its Pendulum Effect is that you'd need to have an empty scale, which doesn't bode well for its potential reusing and such late-game, unless your opponent does you a favour and pops the right scale. Anyway, you'd need two scales to Pendulum Summon this card in the first place, meaning your scales won't be exactly free at the time unless you specifically play to have them broken. And again, virtually all decks that can break their scales won't need this card.

Yes, you can use this to Summon Electrumite in non-Pendulum Decks, but either you're running enough Pendulums to make Electrumite consistently without this card or you don't have enough to really take advantage of said Link Monster. This card clashes with itself.

Nathanael D. Striker

Nathanael D. Striker

Livin' the dream.

• Topic Starter
  • Twilight Wanderer

• 19,445 posts
Ally of Justice Grand Base (Ultimagamer)

True Pandemonium (xray1324)

D/D/D Sun King Cleopatra

Looks like heavy spending couldn't save you, Ultimagamer. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to take the remainder of your points. Thank you for playing, and I hope you can participate in the future.

As for xray1324 and Giga, your final requirement will be up shortly and the auction will follow tomorrow.

SkDC0v5.png

Ultimagamer

Ultimagamer

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • 461 posts

Feels very bad, I was really hoping to win 

Ah well, I wouldn't mind playing again ;) 

Good luck to the remaining players! :D

Posted ImagePosted Image

It's So True

My Nep Card

My Best Work

How Embarassing

Nathanael D. Striker

Nathanael D. Striker

Livin' the dream.

• Topic Starter
  • Twilight Wanderer

• 19,445 posts

Sorry for the delay. Giga missed the deadline (even after I extended it for two days for him), so he has been DQ'd. Therefore, xray1324 wins 25,000 points. I still had Dova grade xray's cards, which are below. Before this thread closes, I'll conduct the Cutthroat Cardmaker After-Show with Dova via PM and post the contents here. Stay tuned.

xray1324

SkDC0v5.png

Nathanael D. Striker

Nathanael D. Striker

Livin' the dream.

• Topic Starter
  • Twilight Wanderer

• 19,445 posts

Not the best Wrap-Up show out of the three that have been done, but here we go folks.

Cutthroat Card Maker III Wrap-Up Show

As for your points xray, they are coming now. Thank you all for participating, and I hope I can do another one of these during the Summer. ^^

SkDC0v5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users