Beyblade, Beyblade, LET IT RIP! (Top-Spin Dragon)

ABC Gun

Artwork: https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=4345079

vl4Z1sU.jpg
​Top-Spin Dragon (Dragon/DARK/Level 7/Effect/ATK 2950/DEF 2950)
During the Battle Phase, if this card is in your hand while there is a Field Spell face-up on the field (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 card, and if you do; Special Summon this card in Defense Position. If there is no Field Spell face-up on the field, destroy this card. This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position. If it does, apply its ATK for damage calculation. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls in the Main Monster Zone, once each, but it cannot attack monsters in the Extra Monster Zone. At the end of your Battle Phase: Draw 1 card for every 2 monsters this attacking card destroyed by battle this turn. You can only control 1 "Top-Spin Dragon".

​Anybody old enough to remember the original Beyblade from the 2000's, well I do and I actually never cared for the franchise at all ever but I know it was popular and apparently Hasbro is planning a live-action Beyblade movie in the near future, so I thought about getting in on that Beyblade hype (long before anything even happens). This card's effects are completely inspired by the rules of Beyblade, not all of them of course but the few that could translate into Yu-Gi-Oh! (relatively smoothly), an example of this is its first effect to Special Summon itself from the hand, that all relates to how a Beyblade game is setup (during the Battle Phase), by discarding a card (pulling the ripcord) while there is a face-up Field Spell on the field (the Beystadium). Its a Defense Position attacker that can only attack monsters in the Main Monster Zone because that's how Beyblades play, by bumping into each other repeatedly. Finally, its last effect relates to the point scoring system in Beyblade (kinda), for each 2 monsters it destroys by battle while attacking you can draw 1 card. The downside is that it has an Earthbound Immortal condition of self-destruction if there is no face-up Field Spell on the field, it can't attack anything in the Extra Monster Zone so your opponent has 1 way around this card if they needed one, and it goes -1 to Special Summon itself and you can only control 1 at a time.

Archived