Dungeon Crawlers

aussj4link

So the other day, I was talking to a couple of people about the direction yugioh has been going and we got on the topic of "boss" cards. Cards that are really beast and every deck seems to have at least one that it seems to center itself around. The mention of "boss" instantly reminded me of WoW dungeon crawling with the setup of tank, healer, and dps. I'm wondering if I can create a deck centered around this concept with it's ultimate goal to be able to effective combat such boss cards and beat the dungeon/duel.

You'll probably immediately see the primary mechanic when it comes to tanks and healers in these two cards. I will be making many cards for both monsters and support spell/trap cards. Let me know what you guys think of the idea. I'll be adding cards as I go.

Tanks

daCKBbm.jpg

Ludo, The Defender

Level 4

Earth

Warrior / Effect
ATK / 1100 DEF / 2100

"When this card is summoned, you can change it's battle position. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn, when an opponent's monster declares an attack, you can have this card lose 300 DEF to change that target to this card. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed, it is not."

Healers

S62GmtF.jpg

Serilde Eastaughffe

Level 3

Light

Spellcaster / Effect

ATK / 1500 DEF / 700

"Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, if a monster you control has ATK or DEF that is lower than it's original number, change it to the original number. Once during either player's turn, if a monster you control would be destroyed by battle, you can reduce the DEF or ATK of one Warrior-Type monster you control by 1000 to have it not be destroyed. During each End Phase, if this card is in face-up defense, gain 400LP. "

DPS - Hunters

rks8jDG.jpg

Zoh'Gun

Level 4

Wind

Beast-Warrior / Effect

ATK / 1700 DEF / 1000

"When this card is summoned, you can special summon one "Hunter Pet" Union monster from your deck or hand and equip it to this card. When this card attacks a defence position monster whose defense is lower than this card's ATK, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent."

(The first of the hunters. Instantly grabs it's pet and can do some decent damage quickly as a result.)

Hunter Pets

9vxnM4N.jpg

Hunter Pet - Ghost Scar

Level 4

Wind

Beast / Union / Effect

ATK / 1200 DEF / 500

"Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 non-Union WIND monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it.  A monster equipped with this card gains 500 ATK. Once per turn, you can target one of your opponent's monsters, that monster has it's effects negated and cannot attack or change it's battle position until the end of your opponent's next turn. Also, if that monster is attacked after this effect has resolved, it's effects are no longer negated and can attack and change it's battle position normally."

(I dunno if I worded that right but what I mean to make this card as is a crowd control card that works by shutting down one monster temporarily unless that monster is disturbed. Just like in WoW the effect can be reapplied but any damage will break the lock down)

N2Aoi0i.jpg

Hunter Pet - Nefertari

Level 4

Dark

Beast / Union / Effect

ATK / 1300 DEF / 1000

"Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 non-Union WIND monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. A monster equipped with this card can attack twice during the same battle phase. If this card is in face-up defense, you can target one face-up monster your opponent controls, as long as this card remains in face-defense, that target cannot attack or change it's battle position."

(Double attack for the hunter and a light crowd control ability if it's separated from the hunter.)

Archived