So paying LP is a thing that they made Vampires do, so why not make a card focused around paying LP? Simple, if you pay LP to activate a card or effect, you get to Special Summon this card. Additionally, DARK Decks benefit a lot from this card by it also gaining ATK and DEF equal to that paid LP, so you can beef this card up, but if it has another use as well, as it can increase its own Level by paying LP, and an effect that gives an Xyz Monster the effect to add another copy of this card from your Deck or GY to your hand. This works well in Vampires of course, as they have Rank 5s and 6s, so the cost isn't too huge, unless that's what you're going for of course.

spectre_of_dept_by_zaziuma-dc9phhs.jpg

If you pay LP to activate a card or effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then if you paid LP to activate a DARK monster’s effect, this card gains ATK and DEF equal to the amount paid. Once per turn: You can pay LP in multiples of 500; increase this card’s Level by 1 for each 500 LP paid. A DARK Xyz Monster that was Summoned using this card as material gains this effect.
● When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can pay 500 LP; add 1 “Spectre of Debt” from your Deck or GY to your hand.

Did you mean Debt? Nitpicky, I know, but just making sure there's not another pun I'm missing :P

To be honest, cool effect with Vampires. There's nothing really to complain about here; it leaves your important monsters out for their on-field effects, can potentially become a MD beater. Even extra plusses on being used for a Summon. Hooray. However, I will ask about the ruling here; Astrograph searches off Electrumite even if he was added to the hand in the same chain as the destruction he is chained to, yeah? Then isn't this card also able to SS itself from the hand by the same logic immediately when it is searched? Or was that the intention :thinking: Perhaps that would be a bit too much then.

Gonna admit, I was hoping for LP gain though. There's not too much in the archetype (at least, the good portion), so more is pushing it a bit. But 500 isn't really that much; at most, you're paying 1500, which isn't as bad as some of the other cards. It could stack, though. Very easily.

Did you mean Debt? Nitpicky, I know, but just making sure there's not another pun I'm missing :P

To be honest, cool effect with Vampires. There's nothing really to complain about here; it leaves your important monsters out for their on-field effects, can potentially become a MD beater. Even extra plusses on being used for a Summon. Hooray. However, I will ask about the ruling here; Astrograph searches off Electrumite even if he was added to the hand in the same chain as the destruction he is chained to, yeah? Then isn't this card also able to SS itself from the hand by the same logic immediately when it is searched? Or was that the intention :thinking: Perhaps that would be a bit too much then.

Gonna admit, I was hoping for LP gain though. There's not too much in the archetype (at least, the good portion), so more is pushing it a bit. But 500 isn't really that much; at most, you're paying 1500, which isn't as bad as some of the other cards. It could stack, though. Very easily.

No, dept is short for department, it's a spectre of Macy's...but really, it's a mistake, it's funny, I noticed that I spelled Spectre wrong as Spector when making this and fixed that, but I was sure that I spelled debt right, I guess not. I'll fix that ASAP.

As for your question, it isn't intended to do that, that ruling has already been confusing to me, so I'm not sure if it's able to do that. I could say "other than "Spectre of Debt"" for the first effect to avoid that, but it is also suppose to use its Level increasing effect to get out another copy, so that becomes problematic there. Wait, actually that is now the effect of the Xyz Monster, so that wouldn't even work. Dunno how to fix it, but I doubt it's really that huge of deal.

I was going to make it able to gain back LP at first, but I figured that I would prevent loops as much as possible by always having an LP cost with it.

@Dova I think it would indeed Special Summon itself if it's added to the hand by an effect that cost LP. Was thinking a bit about it because the case of Astograph is in response to an effect, whereas this responds to a cost, and didn't know if there was any difference, there. But another card that has a similar gimmick is the Seraph Sovereign, and that one triggers from an action, not an effect, so taking it as reference, then this card should get to use its effect too.

It's not really a problem if it Summon itself as long as a it gets a hard OPT either on its self-Summon effect, or the effect gained by the Xyzs. Otherwise, loops may ensue.

Other than that, the card looks good enough. Easy to Summon, enables Link/Rank4 plays, the works.

Archived