Ritual Summoning Evolution

So I've been writing a little and one of my stories involve Yu-Gi-Oh! and being able to utilize different summon methods. In my story, the main character learns about the "evolved" version of each Special Summoning mechanic, but I find myself stuck in terms of what to do for Ritual Summoning.

Fusion Summoning had Contact Fusion, Synchro had Accel Synchro and Double Tuning, Xyz had Rank-Up cards and Xyz Evolution, and Pendulum had Extra Deck Pendulums. I'm not 100 percent sure on Link Summoning yet but I'd assume it would be Extra Link.

What do you guys think would work for Rituals? It could be from the actual game or your own custom idea for a sort of Ritual Evolution. I had an idea for a Contact Ritual sort of thing where you wouldn't need a Spell Card or something but I'm not sure. I'd appreciate the help.

P.S, I had an idea I shared on reddit but it was criticized quite a bit so I'm a little unsure about it. The link is: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/yugioh/comments/8ft4gj/hyper_ritual_summoning/

Yeah, your Reddit one is very complicated.

Something "simple" you could do is have a specific kind of Ritual Spell that doesn't require monsters, but specific things you have done during that turn, such as activate a certain monster's effect, Special Summoned exactly 2 or 3 monsters, control 1 face-down monster etc. Maybe it still requires Levels, but this would be tying it to you actually performing a specific Ritual during your turn

Yeah, your Reddit one is very complicated.

Something "simple" you could do is have a specific kind of Ritual Spell that doesn't require monsters, but specific things you have done during that turn, such as activate a certain monster's effect, Special Summoned exactly 2 or 3 monsters, control 1 face-down monster etc. Maybe it still requires Levels, but this would be tying it to you actually performing a specific Ritual during your turn

I honestly felt that that would be too similar to Contact Fusion and not really innovative enough to be considered a proper evolution. I had another idea where you could summon a Ritual like you normally would. Then you could banish the Ritual Spell and tribute the Ritual Monster to summon one that's even more powerful. If the large monster leaves the field, then you can summon the original monster again. I figured this will help with card advantage because you get two monsters for the high cost of Ritual Summoning. 

I honestly felt that that would be too similar to Contact Fusion and not really innovative enough to be considered a proper evolution. I had another idea where you could summon a Ritual like you normally would. Then you could banish the Ritual Spell and tribute the Ritual Monster to summon one that's even more powerful. If the large monster leaves the field, then you can summon the original monster again. I figured this will help with card advantage because you get two monsters for the high cost of Ritual Summoning. 

That's the basic thought people go to. Then again, if it ain't broke don't fix it :P

So, where does the second Ritual Monster come from? The ED, hand, Deck or GY? Also, is it really innovative to banish the Spell to Summon the bigger monster? It's basically just Summoning the big monster with extra steps. Also, Demise/Ruin has a similar style with the new cards.

I'm not saying it's not worth it; I'm asking if it's really doing anything new or special. Demise/Ruin already need Ritual Monsters to Summon their bigger monsters, and by just banishing the Ritual Spell to immediately Summon a bigger monster, you might as well just have the Spell Summon the big boss in the first place by also sending the weaker on to the GY.

It helps compensate for the cost that Ritual Summoning asks for. You get two monsters for the price of one, which helps strengthen Ritual Summoning. 

In terms of the lore, I looked at it as the weaker monster being the "vessel" to a stronger monster, so if the stronger Ritual Monster is destroyed, you are still left with a vessel to sort of "avenge" the stronger monster.

Archived