[CP18] Slash Draw

DcLpPFBUwAEfNiu.jpg?resize=531%2C374&ssl

CP18-JP020 一撃必殺!居合いドロー Ichigeki Hissatsu! Iai Doroo (One-Hit Kill! Sword Draw) (Dub: Slash Draw)
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.
(1) Discard 1 card; Send a number of cards from the top of your Deck equal to the number of cards on your opponent’s field, then draw 1 card and reveal it. If that card is “Slash Draw”, send it to the GY, then destroy all cards on the field. Inflict 2000 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed and sent to the GY. If it is not “Slash Draw”, shuffle cards from your GY to your Deck equal to the number of cards sent.

All you gotta do is find a way to put 4 cards on the opponent's field, move your top Deck around so that your fifth draw is Slash Draw, then you win! Yeah, unlikely that will ever happen, if you get lucky enough to do it, it's almost like an instant win most of the time. Otherwise, you get to mill some cards and return others. Perhaps Infernoid will like the ability to put into your GY the monsters you need and return the Spells/Traps.

All you gotta do is find a way to put 4 cards on the opponent's field, move your top Deck around so that your fifth draw is Slash Draw, then you win! [...]

No way, all you need to do is topdeck it with pot of generosity or advance draw and place a few cards on your own side, given that the burn counts your own cards.

No way, all you need to do is topdeck it with pot of generosity or advance draw and place a few cards on your own side, given that the burn counts your own cards.

Yes, but the amount is based on how many your opponent has, so you kind of need to have a precise number.

Yes, but the amount is based on how many your opponent has, so you kind of need to have a precise number.

Explain?  It just looks like the mill is based on the opponent's cards, not the burn damage.  If they have no cards on the field, you simply draw and reveal your next card, destroy the cards you placed on the field and inflict insane amounts of burn damage, right?

...of course, it is a 3 fairly unsearchable card combo but the obvious potential is there.

Anyways, even outside the FTK potential, having this for something like Zombiesworn (letting you discard, mill and recycle back anything that you don't want in the grave) looks fantastic.  I'm thinking it could have potential for Sky Striker/Brandish as well, letting you put back spells that you want to use again.  I look forward to seeing if this card goes anywhere.

Even without the nuke its good as it acts as a pseudo pot of avarice (which TCG still has it banned for some reason), interesting card. I can see some lightsworn (and something among those lines) running this. But an FTK will come out eventually.

I'm fairly certain that flower cardians can FTK with this, on the grounds of "recardination is funking silly"

Baobaboon also has some pretty heavy synergy, putting cards on board, helping you get to 2 copies of this, and putting 1 on top of the deck. Plaguespreader and sabres are in a similar boat.

I like this. An FTK card that isn't terrible past turn 1.

Play this card in Lightsworn? Seems good, I think?

> nobody mentioned how Infernoids can run this with ease for turn 2 shenanigans

> sadmanwalking.gif

But yeah, looking at this as trying to get the effect off is missing the true utility of this card (though Card Advance can help with this) - the mass milling and selected return. This is essentially a generic Solar Recharge mixed with a...Jar of Avarice? Fixing the GY should be enough to work this card into some Decks, especially considering how many of the other GY recycling cards have bit the dust for offering aid and comfort to Infernoids/Zoodiacs (coughDaigustoEmeralcough)

Nice card.

Explain?  It just looks like the mill is based on the opponent's cards, not the burn damage.  If they have no cards on the field, you simply draw and reveal your next card, destroy the cards you placed on the field and inflict insane amounts of burn damage, right?

...of course, it is a 3 fairly unsearchable card combo but the obvious potential is there.

Anyways, even outside the FTK potential, having this for something like Zombiesworn (letting you discard, mill and recycle back anything that you don't want in the grave) looks fantastic.  I'm thinking it could have potential for Sky Striker/Brandish as well, letting you put back spells that you want to use again.  I look forward to seeing if this card goes anywhere.

Ah yeah, didn't think of it that way. Your opponent seems to still need a card, not sure if the wording would apply you can still use it if they have no cards.

> nobody mentioned how Infernoids can run this with ease for turn 2 shenanigans

> sadmanwalking.gif

But yeah, looking at this as trying to get the effect off is missing the true utility of this card (though Card Advance can help with this) - the mass milling and selected return. This is essentially a generic Solar Recharge mixed with a...Jar of Avarice? Fixing the GY should be enough to work this card into some Decks, especially considering how many of the other GY recycling cards have bit the dust for offering aid and comfort to Infernoids/Zoodiacs (coughDaigustoEmeralcough)

Nice card.

I mentioned Infernoid.

I'm fairly certain that flower cardians can FTK with this, on the grounds of "recardination is funking silly"

Recardination has to be sent with a Flower Cardian's monster effect.

Also, just like... a reminder that if you don't get lucky, you have to shuffle back cards equal to the amount you milled, which means that you basically can't use this as a starter card without having no downsides. Like, if this is used mid-game, then yeah you mill like 5 cards into a 5-card grave and you can basically make your grave what you want it to be. That's not bad.

But let's be real, opening with this card sucks. Going second isn't as bad, but as I said if you're using this on an empty or small grave it's just like... at best you had a needlessly fancy way to get that Garnet back in the deck. That's not very great.

Don't look at this card like it's going to be amazing for Infernoids. This isn't Lawnmowing, and it never will be. At best it's a meme with a pretty hype draw, but for the rest of the time it's... kinda mediocre.

Also, forget stacking for this. Slash Draw has to be the card you draw after milling, and it's only really possible to stack this card in around the top 5 cards of your deck using bad cards if you want to guarantee that nuke and burn. So, with that in mind, Baobaboon also doesn't work because it can't stack while this effect is in mid-resolution.

So yeah, reminder that, also: I don't believe any of the cards sent to the GY will have effects proc if they were shuffled back, because that all happens mid-resolution. Unless TCG rules "Ye you can", but iirc with similar situations (Deneb) they ruled "nah."

Also, forget stacking for this. Slash Draw has to be the card you draw after milling, and it's only really possible to stack this card in around the top 5 cards of your deck using bad cards if you want to guarantee that nuke and burn. So, with that in mind, Baobaboon also doesn't work because it can't stack while this effect is in mid-resolution.

I was speaking in the context of turn 1. Running under the assumption that this can be activated when the opponent controls no cards (which might be false, I'm no judge) you mill 0, then draw.

The way I see it, this is an FTK option, that still can do things when the FTK is out of the picture. As I mentioned initially, assuming this can be used against an empty board, this still allows you to put a card from your hand into the grave, and draw another card. As a matter of fact, as the opponent's board scales up, the utility of this as a filtering option does as well. Thinking this will be used on an empty graveyard is just a poor line of thinking. Spell cards, monsters that were laddered off of, etc, all end up in the graveyard, allowing you to keep more of what you want in grave while potentially even recycling resources, such as searchable 1-ofs (let's pretend spyral matter) or even ED monsters.

This isn't something crazy op, but I definitely wouldn't say it's mediocre, let alone bad.

As for infernoids, I'm not really feeling it tbh, but this seems absolutely fine for lightsworn. Shuffling charge back in seems amazing.

Comparisons to stuff like avarice are just silly. It really doesn't even accomplish the same goal, imo.

I was speaking in the context of turn 1. Running under the assumption that this can be activated when the opponent controls no cards (which might be false, I'm no judge) you mill 0, then draw.

The way I see it, this is an FTK option, that still can do things when the FTK is out of the picture. As I mentioned initially, assuming this can be used against an empty board, this still allows you to put a card from your hand into the grave, and draw another card. As a matter of fact, as the opponent's board scales up, the utility of this as a filtering option does as well. Thinking this will be used on an empty graveyard is just a poor line of thinking. Spell cards, monsters that were laddered off of, etc, all end up in the graveyard, allowing you to keep more of what you want in grave while potentially even recycling resources, such as searchable 1-ofs (let's pretend spyral matter) or even ED monsters.

This isn't something crazy op, but I definitely wouldn't say it's mediocre, let alone bad.

As for infernoids, I'm not really feeling it tbh, but this seems absolutely fine for lightsworn. Shuffling charge back in seems amazing.

Comparisons to stuff like avarice are just silly. It really doesn't even accomplish the same goal, imo.

Because there are other cards (coughSaryujacough) that let you get cards from your hand back into the deck, but let you do so for no net loss. Also, that recycle would depend on your opponent controlling cards.

The way you're explaining it to me, you make it sound like a -1 Trade-In that works for any card. That's what it is going first, a discard-1-to-draw since the recycle depends entirely on how many cards you milled which, if you can use it on an empty opponent, is still 0.

Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't a game that's bereft of cards that put cards in the grave, and there's actually quite a few that do it for a greater return. There are memes when it can nuke more, and I suppose if you're the kind of deck (Magical Muskets) that love their cantrips or (Sky Striker AKA Brandish) benefit from getting cards in the grave while working off of a more minimal hand, then that's the sort of effect to work with. There's a place for it, but I don't think this is the kind of card you're just slapping in anything and everything.

I can accept this card being "not bad" and having a place that it works nicely in, but man if there isn't a lot of people out there that are saying this card is OP and calling it the new Lawnmowing.

There is 100% going to be a way to FTK with this.

1. Gale Dogra a Saryuja into the grave

2. Use Bound Link, draw 4, put slash draw on the bottom of the deck

3. Summon a silent wobby to the opponent's field

4. Mill your whole deck except for 2 cards (opponent's cards on the field + 1, basically)

5. Set 3, use your other slash draw to exactly find slash draw

6. ????

7. Easy peasy(not really)

Archived