[CP18] Slash Draw

I want to try this out, since it DOES let you recycle your power cards.

Your opponent needing to have something plus you needing to have some grave already to make it work means it probably won't be awesome but why not?

Also, Grinder Golem puts something on their field...

Update: no you cannot use this on an empty field, they need to control at least 1 card. Assume that's going to be the way it is unless Koomy rules otherwise, but otherwise assume "you cannot activate a card if it's clear its effect can't resolve".

Update: no you cannot use this on an empty field, they need to control at least 1 card. Assume that's going to be the way it is unless Koomy rules otherwise, but otherwise assume "you cannot activate a card if it's clear its effect can't resolve".

But it still has the "draw 1 card and reveal it" part, so it's not the same as trying to activate Fossil Dig with no Dinosaurs in your deck? Or am I just wrong?

But it still has the "draw 1 card and reveal it" part, so it's not the same as trying to activate Fossil Dig with no Dinosaurs in your deck? Or am I just wrong?

even if you could activate it with your opponent having no cards, you have to mill before you draw, so if you can't mill, you can't draw, since the /Then/ comes after. you'd basically be using it just to discard.

something i haven't heard much of, but wouldn't monarchs work pretty well with this? raiza (both forms) can manipulate topdecks, and advance draw fits right in with the theme, so you could adjust on the fly. combined with pantheism, trade-in, or (if you run the field spell and enough lv6 monsters) the new level 6 draw support, slash draw might be a fun shot there.

as for cardians, it may be worth a shot, since you can still adjust the topdeck via stacking and advance draw (assuming you run it), and the recycle, even if you don't get the nuke, you can still recycle valuable spells, getting even 1 or 2 of them back into the deck, or even some of the synchros, like moonflowerviewing and lightflare, is a massive help. it's something worth trying out.

Archived