Paladin Protector

So I didn't really know this, but there are a series of Level 4 Ritual Monsters known as Paladin, each supporting Blue-Eyes, Red-Eyes, Photon and now Cyberse monsters. Each of them have 1900 ATK and 900 DEF and focus on battling, so I figured, I can make a support card for that! Firstly, it can Special Summon itself if you control no monsters other than Ritual Monsters. You can also discard it to add either Cynet Ritual or a Ritual Monster with 2000 or less ATK, which also supports the new Demise minis if you're into that sort of thing. It also prevents your opponent from activating effects when your Ritual Monsters battle, so you can use the Paladins for that purpose, but of course you can also Tribute them, which allows you to activate its last effect that Special Summons it from the hand or the GY to Special Summon it. It's a card with a lot of different uses depending on when you get to draw it, but ultimately should help making a Paladin Ritual Deck, or in other Ritual Decks that use low ATK monsters as well.

paladin_protector_by_zaziuma-dcai470.jpg

If you control no monsters, other than Ritual Monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and its Level becomes 4. You can discard this card; add 1 “Cynet Ritual” or Ritual Monster with 2000 or less ATK from your Deck to your hand. If a Ritual Monster you control battles, your opponent’s cards and effects cannot be activated until the end of the Damage Step. If a Ritual Monster(s) you control is Tributed: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY, but banish it when it leaves the field. You can only use each effect of “Paladin Protector” once per turn.

I feel your card serves its intended purpose well. I'm not sure if it needs to be originally level 5 though. You could probably get rid of the level change clause and make it level 4 to begin with. Also, for a clearer wording for its summoning requirement you can use this http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Hazy_Flame_Griffin but delete the part about the Graveyard and your opponent controlling a monster. As is its not super clear what happens if you control no monsters.

Archived