Intelligence Test

Jesus funking Christ.

Let's use another example.

My sister and I are born 5 years apart.

When I was age ten she was age 5, and thus, half my age.

When I made eleven, she was six, no longer half my age.

When I was twelve, she was seven, and no longer half my age.

And so on, and so forth.  She will not always be half my age.  But she will always be five years younger than me.  This is why, when half of 18 is 9, we can assume the youngest sister was born nine years later.  So she will always be nine years younger.

It's that simple.

Jesus funking Christ.

And so on, and so forth.  She will not always be half my age.  But she will always be five years younger than me.  This is why, when half of 18 is 9, we can assume the youngest sister was born nine years later.  So she will always be nine years younger.

It's that simple.

So you're saying...

when you become 80...

...your sister will be 40 years old?

Jesus funking Christ.

It's that simple.

bruh, I was messing with them.

These things aren't "intelligence tests" because the knowledge requirement is so low it means nothing. All those images online of people answering sheet like this wrong, or the typical headings of "most people won't get this"/"only geniuses can solve this" are just successful trolls, and excuses for one to pat themselves on the back/feel superior, respectively.

Is it worse to be a fool, or to be fooled by a fool?

So you're saying...

when you become 80...

...your sister will be 40 years old?

I retract all the sheet I just said, this guy's onto something

Assuming the question is asked on May 3rd, 2018; that the person asking the question is exactly 80 years old at that time; and that, when the person asking the question was exactly 18 years old, the younger sister was exactly half this person's age:

This person would have been born on May 3rd, 1938, and turned 18 on May 3rd, 1956. I'm just gonna say this person is male at this point, so his age in days is the number of days in a typical year (365) times his age at this point (18), plus the number of instances of February 29th since his date of birth (1940, 1944, 1948, 1952, and 1956, numbering 5 in total). This comes out to 6,575 days.

To find out his sister's birthday, we halve that number of days and arrive at 3,287.5 days. Since she turned 9 in 1956, she must have been born in 1947. February 29th occured twice between 1938 and 1947, so 365 times 9 = 3285, 3285 + 2 = 3287, 3287.5 - 3287 = 0.5, so she was born half a day after her brother turned 9.

Therefore, at the time the question was asked, the little sister was 70 years old.

Archived