Colossal Dragons' Rise [Legacy]

This is my first custom deck and I'm not a native english speaker, so don't kill me for my bad grammar.
It is based around Dragon-Type monsters (duh) and multiple types of summoning (except Links, I don't like them). The monsters are separated in three sub-groups: Dragons (Main Deck monsters) , Colossal Dragons (Extra Deck and Ritual monsters) and Colossal Dragon Kings (Op but not that much Fusions that work like the XYZ fusion line).

[spoiler=Dragons (8)]

-Pyroclastic Dragon

RVgwWXA.jpg

-Raincloud Dragon

NbIh9vg.jpg

-Powersurge Dragon

oskU8jP.jpg

-Cosmic Ray Dragon

7xuqkfx.jpg

-Moonshade Dragon

HyQ55lm.jpg

-Colossal Wing Dragon

A3bZlZ0.jpg

-Blue Cross Dragon

g8kc7vX.jpg

-Red Gem Dragon

oqZoAc9.jpg

[spoiler=Colossal Dragon (4)]

-Violet Stormwind Colossal Dragon

onNv9h4.jpg

-Subsea Leviathan Colossal Dragon

QIaYrRQ.jpg

-Prismatic Crystal Colossal Dragon

kMIrSUJ.jpg

-Phantasmic Blaze Colossal Dragon

Bqt24Wh.jpg

[spoiler=Colossal Dragon Kings (2)]

-Maelakx, Colossal Dragon King Of Earth Shattering

BcnB7Wq.jpg

-Orylakx, Colossal Dragon King Of Sky Shattering

QSgdvh4.jpg

[spoiler=Spells (5)]

-Dragon Clouds

6vp849o.jpg

-Firestorm Of The Dragon

rpwKoDK.jpg

-Dragon's Lair

2crnbMh.jpg

-Colossal Dragon Egg

HjTEnJ2.jpg

-Colossal Dragon's Call

gzgCKDm.jpg

[spoiler=Traps (3)]
-Revived Dragon Corpse

UDIK8e8.jpg

-Crystal Egg

nXHoAxm.jpg

-Egg Shell Explosion

7SJEdlM.jpg

[spoiler=Tokens (2)]
-Moonshade Token

l9II1KT.jpg

-Corpse Token

ANMiILJ.jpg

If you want to say anything to say to help me or else, feel free to do it.

Pyroclastic, Raincloud and Cosmic Ray all need to either have their ATK/DEF dropped a bit or Levels raised. As they currently stand, Pyroclastic has better stats than some Level 4 and 5 monsters (and the ATK cap is around 1700 for Level 3 Vanillas). Raincloud's drops can be slightly smaller on the DEF end, but yeah, its stats are something you'd expect on higher Levels.

Cosmic Ray needs ATK cut to around 2000-2100, because 2800 is something you'd see on Level 7 and 8 monsters; usually the latter nowadays (yes, we have Fusilier Dragon with 2800 and has the same effect, but it's a Level 7). Also yeah, Dragon Clouds negates the stat drop if equipped to it, and if Clouds is gone, you're left with a 2800 ATK monster that can burn. 

Colossal's field bouncing effect is concerning, since it doesn't matter if you Tribute it or not to get it working. I would probably say to have it trigger only if you did properly Tribute Summon it (or modify its first effect to just permit 1 Tribute, but with lesser ATK). Also yeah, 2500 ATK no Tributing usually comes with heavier restrictions or drawbacks. 

Red Gem Dragon is fine for being Scale 11 because of the monsters it summons, but you probably do need some type of restriction on it (not that Dragon decks nowadays are going to be running any Main Deck higher than Level 8 that can be Pendulum Summoned). 

Crystal Colossal's conditions are somewhat easy to pull off and well, you are pretty much outclassing Trident Dragion in terms of viability with much larger DEF, more effects and whatnot (plus it can be summoned again at will, assuming you have the appropriate Scale for it). Reminder, it is the same Level. Then again, iffy on its Pendulum effect being Anti-Spell Fragrance too (since that's a semi-floodgate against Pendulum decks if you didn't already know this).

Why does Orylakx have 8000/7000 stats? In this part of Custom Cards, you still have to adhere to the max. 5000 printed ATK and DEF rule. There should be no reason to go over it, as 5K is plenty. Then again, you do have to ladder from 2 Fusion/Ritual Pendulums (which already have their own issues of being summoned), plus another 2 Dragon Pendulums to go into this, but yeah, don't break it. 

How do I sum this up? The Extra Deck monsters do need their stats reduced a bit, considering their summon conditions and whatnot (and probably the effects). Some of them are fine as-is and don't really need changes, but yeah. The six I noted above do have some concerns about them, so make sure you look over the changes. 

Ok, when I have time, I will fix them. Then again, this is a bit WIP, so I will make everything to make it balanced.

Maybe I should bring down all stats of monsters that you named, make the scale of Red Gem become 8 or 7, add a no-pendulum summon on the Colossals, change Crystal's pendulum effect to a one/two times negation effect and reduce Colossal Wing to a Compulsory Evac.

Archived