Cosmic Horror

Sleepy

voLfusU.png

Cosmic Horror
[ Fiend / Link / Effect ] ATK 0  LINK 0
0 monsters
Can only be Link Summoned to an Extra Monster Zone pointed to by a Link Monster. If this card is Link Summoned, if 3+ Link Monsters point to it: You can banish your opponent's field face-down. This card cannot be used as a material for a Link Summon.

- - - -

It costs nothing to bring out, but something must point to the EMZ. "Stare Contest" helps trigger its effect if you have something pointing up and the opponent has something pointing up as well... Then iirc only Brandish have the required arrows to complete it for now....

Tribute fodder with cool art and future possible troll move.
I wanna add an effect for when it is linked by 2... Possibly something that gives it actual ATK stats and maybe pierce status (because why not?)

Must be Link Summoned to an Extra Monster Zone a Link Monster points to. When this card is Link Summoned and a Link-3 or higher Monster you control points to it, you can banish all cards on your opponents side of the field face-down. This card cannot be used as a Link Material for a Link Summon.

Just thought to help with the wording on this card. Still its interesting to see how a Link 0 can summon itself off another Link Monster while having to have the Extra Monster zone free in order for you to summon it. Still its effect with a Link 3 can be pretty devastating to your opponent and seems pretty fair that you can't use Link 0 as Link material as they don't have act as no materials for Link Monsters like how Link 1's count as 1 Material.

In addition to this I also think that you don't need the 0 Monsters if all you need to do to summon it is just summon it to a Extra Zone a Link Monster points to.

Must be Link Summoned to an Extra Monster Zone a Link Monster points to. When this card is Link Summoned and a Link-3 or higher Monster you control points to it, you can banish all cards on your opponents side of the field face-down. This card cannot be used as a Link Material for a Link Summon.

Just thought to help with the wording on this card. Still its interesting to see how a Link 0 can summon itself off another Link Monster while having to have the Extra Monster zone free in order for you to summon it. Still its effect with a Link 3 can be pretty devastating to your opponent and seems pretty fair that you can't use Link 0 as Link material as they don't have act as no materials for Link Monsters like how Link 1's count as 1 Material.

In addition to this I also think that you don't need the 0 Monsters if all you need to do to summon it is just summon it to a Extra Zone a Link Monster points to.

A note I have to add. The card is not meant to trigger when pointed to by a Link 3 or higher monster.

[spoiler=It means to trigger to something like this sort of formation]

Ivchogp.jpg

Other than that, I like the wording.

Thanks for the comment =0

I'll get around to updating it and visiting your card during the day n.n

I know it's experimental wording, but wanna try to write it as officially as possible.

I too think you can skip the material requirements, since it's an special case. Think of how Masked HEROes list no materials despite being printed as Fusions.

I would go for something like this:

Must be Link Summoned to an Extra Monster Zone pointed to by a Link Monster. Cannot be used as a Link Material. If this card is Link Summoned and 3 or more Link Monsters are linked to it: You can banish all cards your opponent controls face-down.

Also, flavor nitpick, but Cosmic Horrors are associated with Aliens (e.g. Cosmic Horror Gangi'el), so perhaps this could be a Reptile as well? that, or you may want to re-name it instead.

Normally I am against "free monsters" like this and ABC-Buster Dragon, but in this card's case, it's the core aspect of this experimental concept so it's not like you can change that and instead is what one should be discussing. Although, something you can do about that is Tributing or discarding 1 card on its Link Summon. Then again, after that it's mere fodder before it becomes a pseudo-direct attack from your opponent, and the banish-nuke effect looks fine to me due to the steep conditions.

Archived