[Written] Gagaga Go Go Power

Dova

Gagaga Go Go Power

Normal Spell

Send 1 "Gagaga" monster from your Deck to the GY; add 1 "Gagaga" monster with a different Level to that monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Gagaga Go Go Power" per turn. If this card was not sent to the GY this turn: You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 "Gogogo" monster in your GY; Special Summon it. 

I've always liked the interaction between the Gagaga/Gogogo/Dododo/Zubaba sets, and while I can't imagine a Deck running all 4 of them or even just 3 of them, I reckon a double mix of the archetypes is feasible with Onomatopia and Onomatopaira, and that's where this card came from.

Yeah, 3 effects on one spell, huh? As @@Darj pointed out, it could be a bit much, but it is incredibly slow, only allowing one effect per turn. The one advantage here is that if you open a lot of them, you can stack up your hand, GY and banished cards in order to have a bunch of effects you can use when you want, BUT you can only use all 3 of them if you're running Gagagas and Gogogos. Middle effect is a sort of blur between the two of them, searching a few obscure cards (only 1 Gogogo target :( ), with the last effect working really well with the Gogogo theme, while not allowing you to simply run 2 or 3 Gogogos as you kinda have to use them to get them in the GY :P

It's now been nerfed to two effects, dropping the S/T searching in favour of two simple plussing effects. Less of a blur now, and no HOPT.

Too much on one card? A case of W Nebula? Please tell me what you think! ^^

My main concern is that IMO it does too much, regardless of the competitive relevance of Gagagas/Gogogos. I mean, this is 3 plus-generating effects in a single card, so it translates to +2 in a vacuum and it gets itself in the Deck to be drawn or searched again, in a way potentially optimizing Maindeck space. You could very well split this card into 2, or rather, 1 and a half.

And while the 3rd effect is more of Gogogo support than Gagaga, teching the former in the latter is less of an issue with Onomatopaira.

You know what? Even though I disagree with it being powerful, considering it is a 3 turn +2, I will say that it being that slow basically remove the need for so many effects. You might as well just have 2 to be able to use when you want.

Dropped effect 2.

Regarding the original effects, admittedly, it's not so much about the power, but that it does too much, and at different places. It looks loaded. Personally, my standard for # of effects in a card is up to 3, where 1 generates advantage or floats (a.k.a. an active effect), whereas the rest are passive effects like ATK boosts, protection to X, etc. Well, 2 active effects may be acceptable depending on their combined potency, but it's still pushing. So in this card's case, you had 3 active effects going on.

Archived