The Ever Expanding Graveyard (Pokémon Nuzlocke Blog)

Azure Wolf

Since it'll give me a place to store all my complete and utter failures in randomisers outside of the status bar.Hopefully things actually go well when I do these and not Feraligatrs with no damaging moves.

[spoiler=Nuzlocke Rules]

• First Pokémon per area, exceptions include shinies and Pokémon such as the Zigzagoon in RSE on route 101.
  • Fainted Pokémon enter the graveyard known as The PC.
  • All Pokémon must have nicknames

First entry will be done at some point, probably before I sleep.

[spoiler=Table of Contents]Chapter 1 - Emerald Beginnings
Chapter 2 - Dad's New Favourite
Chapter 3 - Third Times the Charm
Chapter 4 - I gain a Nemesis
Chapter 5 - Blazing Darkness (the sequel)
Chapter 6 - We find a Tourist
Chapter 7 - The First Badge and a New Challenge
Chapter 8- We Make Our Debut
Chapter 9 - Exploring the Big City
Chapter 10 - Artists, Tourists, and Scientists.
Chapter 11 - Arrival at the Shining City
Chapter 12 - I Aim Above my Station
Chapter 13 - A Legend Dies
Chapter 14 - Driftveil Slaughter Fest
Chapter 15 - A New Golden Start

Chapter 16 - The Catch Fest

[spoiler=The Ever-Expanding Graveyard]EZTN2li.pngmtJ5KRc.png
Min-Su (Tyrouge)
Sl32H1o.pngV0rv3DX.png
Fari (Entei)

Ox0iCHF.pngOx0iCHF.png
Berhane (Treecko)

TSLlF68.pngO4xfdWH.png
Saya, the Skarmory

h70UtJB.pngFfkOcjH.png
Wen, the Pikachu

om6waIW.pngAegdAze.png
Eggbert, the Exeggcute

9SqVzy9.pngbo1wuyZ.png
Han, the Houndour

eJeM0ns.pngkk26O41.png
Ellis, the Elekid.

zbtsrr8.png
Lele, the Patrat

uk0K6nW.png
Ryan, the Rhyhorn

aBJWDFL.png
Terra, the Torterra

DCAFl35.png
MacCumail, the Lumineon

1NGxVDD.png
Baron, the Serperior

iQG1vlF.png
Yuri, the Petilil

ofhpopf.png
Sal, the Fearow

XPlw2H1.png
Ares, the Victini

MsxYqIN.png
Crush, the Pinsir

5WVZQ9h.png
Vodka, the Zebstrika.

qP1RKNJ.png

Garth, the Magikarp

xOhTbbc.png

Leo, the Eevee

Well, lets begin with what is possibly going to end up a potential victory with a lot of things dying on me.

[spoiler=Chapter 1 - Emerald Beginnings]

Intro Theme: Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete OST - A New World

QsocP5M.png
And so, since I can easily speed things up because my attention span is shorter than a Joltik, I shall be going through Emerald Moemon edition. Since this is also a randomiser, everything from the Pokémon to the findable items has been muddled around. Anyway, let’s begin.

7hs6EGK.png

Here we see our Professor, he isn’t going to be doing much aside from giving us free stuff.

lYBIFYV.png
After going through all the introductory fluff, we wake up in the back of a removal van. Which I am pretty sure is not safe, as none of these boxes are secured down.

ReLD8RA.png
After being introduced to the movers Vigoroths and setting our new clock, which will never be looked at again, we nab the glorious free potion #1 from the PC.

ja6TzVX.png

After being told to introduce ourselves next door, we stumble across a pokéball left completely unattended. So, going with what is acceptable in this world, we can pick up anything which is left lying on the ground and claim it as our own. Unfortunately, its owner shows up.

OUi035d.png
After leaving without my loot, we come across a small child who wants to know what the commotion is on route 101. So being the responsible 10-year-old we are, we go and check it out.

FEZ0iRp.png

Turns out it was the giver of free Pokémon; Professor Birch. Since he is being chased by a raccoon, he wants us to use a Pokémon from his bag and kill it. So, let’s see what he has.

qQG8MxF.png
Number 1 is Venomoth,

qeubbVS.png
Number 2 is Scyther, which means Birch likes his bug types so far, now number 3 is…

Ea3p49f.png
Super Flareon. And since this is Flareon 2.0, I will be choosing Entei, as the last time I done this Flareon killed everything. This may also be my first mistake.

qh4kjPy.png
The racoon can die.

TtHIdrw.png
After murdering the raccoon, in honour of Flareon 1.0, Entei shall receive the same name.

Ip1jAgh.png
Yes, it is a good idea. I did try to steal his Pokémon so I should apologise for that.

Sl32H1o.pngV0rv3DX.png
Well the Impish nature Fari has may help its lacking defence, though the good attack/sp.attack stats are nice. Not really Fair 2.0 as the speed is worse and has better sp.attack but still Fari 2.0 can actually use fire type moves.

sogJlKz.png
Entering into Oldale town, we see a clerk from the local shop, who kindly gives us free potion #2 as a promotional item.

Hu55Fck.png
Heading onto route 103 we immediately bump into a Poliwhirl. Which means no route 103 Pokémon.

L1D7AJI.pngKNZYaR3.png
After killing a second Poliwhirl in the next patch of grass, we finally meet up with Brandon, who wants a battle. Seems like he forgot we tried to nick his Venomoth from him.

cV7ZG67.pngHegkJsV.png
Fari vs Venomoth. Rock Slide sounds like a very good idea…

t4K4MXK.png
It was.

c4d4tXy.png
After arriving back at the lab, we are congratulated by the gift giving tree.

0FVNIG9.png
He may have extensive history as a trainer, but a bug against a lot of rocks is a fairly one-sided fight.

FbKugTr.png

Hurray, free stuff which is not really going to be used.

NiPDYqm.png
And now the more useful free stuff. This family likes giving out stuff for free. A rare Pokémon, a high-tech piece of equipment and now stuff which is cheaper a piece than bottle water.

DYNp1PU.png
After receiving the pokéballs and running shoes which won’t be used as the space bar is vastly superior, we can now catch our first Pokémon.

WTeXfbP.png
Which is a Tyrouge. This may be hard.

LnAOmn1.png

Tossing rocks onto it worked, just. Now to proceed to the final step.

iv7utH4.png
And in one through it was caught.

lzbqsgz.png
The name generator spoke, so we now have a Tyrouge named Min-Su. Who has Poison Point.

s2MJVxp.png
Heading onto Route 102 allows us an additional member of our party, who knowing my luck is most definitely going to die.

BSOo8PY.png
He is our next candidate. Thankfully Min-Su has hypnosis, so if it can survive I should be fine.

brY4rXz.png
Turns out the Clefable has Wing Attack. So, I already have my first death.

5R6XYAW.png
Rock Slide being the weakest move Fari had insta-killed the Clefable. Which means I guessed correctly it would die.

t3Lvgol.png
After sticking Min-Su into the graveyard known as Box 14, we continue onto Petalburg City. The first obstacle in our path the youngest known only as Youngest Calvin.

yrbSwq8.png
Turns out Calvin is an aspiring palaeontologist.

QoZk84v.png

Despite some shock when it used Hydro Cannon, Fari’s high Sp.Defence pulled through for the Aerodactyl to get Brick Breaked again.

TEruu4E.pngnrr3w2R.png
The bug catcher surprisingly has a complete lack of bugs, both of which died very quickly.

MaBDyqp.png *Insert Ninetails here*
Youngest Allen, was next and despite having better Pokemon than the bug catcher before him, still lost both to Rock Slide.

OVz9RIG.png
Snagging a few berries, Lass Tiana calls out for a battle to promptly lose both her Igglybuff and Mankey to Brick Break.

9siap4r.png
And with that we arrive in Petalburg City, where next time we met a boy with green hair, explore a forest, challenge a gym which probably is falsely advertising, and probably get potentially useful team members killed.

Entries to the Ever-Expanding Graveyard:
EZTN2li.pngmtJ5KRc.png

If your first encounter with a pokemon on a route happens before you have pokeballs, that encounter doesn't count. You can totally head back to Route 103 and catch something.

Probably do that the next time.

You might have to just chuck balls and hope it works for some of these given Super Flareon's power. (That part made me laugh btw)

Well let's see what route 104 holds for us, in Chapter 2.

[spoiler=Chapter 2 - Dad's New Favourite]W6jaTVE.png

We now enter chapter 2 of our great tale. Previously, we lost Min-Su to a surprise Wing Attack, and then revenge killed the Clefable. Now we depart from the PokéCenter, to say hello to our father.

3mWdBu8.png

No, I intend to be better. Life will probably have something else to say about it though.

7EHfYLv.png

This is a gym, not Professor Birch’s lab.

JftXgUl.png

I see, we have to save a Professor from a raccoon, while all this boy has to do to get a Pokémon is ask our father. Then again, our father barely comes to the house, spending 24/7 in the gym instead.

HJ7bKna.png

So not only does Wally get lent a raccoon, he immediately finds a Pokémon which is both rare and not even native to the region.

hSw1uCA.png

Never mind, it’s not a raccoon. Why weren’t we given any of this stuff.

1K048pF.png

Wally can now be proud of himself.

jPjCwyt.png

I hope you will, I want to Fari to burn that Bulbasaur.

avrC2kA.png

Now that we have been told to hit the various gyms around the country, it’s time to stock up on Pokéballs to try and catch a few more things.

pyvS22B.png

Who’s this guy?

smzjF5l.png

Do trainers have a specific look? Because I sure look different from the youngsters I beat up earlier.

XvyVbUd.png

Lesson 1, to be a trainer you need dirty clothes.

Cv1iiHj.png

After being insulted by a random stranger, we now embark onto route 104, and see what we can catch.

DaIwQtI.png

Birch let one of his Pokémon escape.

s6MIo8V.png

Thankfully, being a Bug/Flying Brick Break shouldn’t kill it.

p2XnzkG.png

Now time to throw balls at it.

eqfIF5j.png

Not only, did it refuse to be caught, it hit with Zap Cannon 3 times in a row. Fari’s defence of 8 also didn’t help against Wing Attack. Running out of Potions also didn’t help. Damn Scyther.

wptFFV4.png

Hello again.

OKl4lst.pngXcRqsq9.pngPqrHaf5.png

After going through all the stuff, we are once again tasked with saving Birch from his raccoon problem. Also since Treecko is clearly the superior choice here, I will use it.

2UMXdyp.pngqDuOqyt.png

I smell fun. Petal Dance and Flame Wheel, along with Calm Mind. That nice sp.attack is also nice. Being a Brave Nature hurts a bit though.

QY7zKM3.png

Once again, the raccoon problem is sorted.

Rfa12bP.png

And so, the name generator spoke again, giving us Berhane the Treecko.

mWKwGc6.pngpsUoJG1.png1xPVxgw.png

On the way to fight Brendan, we come across these. All of which died no problem.

ah4khKt.png

And what would you know, Berhane can now get rid of Conversion 2 for a highly risky move.

sRTYSOY.png

Now to see what Brendan’s skills as a trainer are like.

qCHY0rx.png

Not great apparently. His Lickitung was faster but only fired off a Metal Sound, and then succumbed to Petal Dance.

1KPaJmn.png

Now that we have get our Pokédex and Pokéballs, it’s time to catch stuff.

QrcNDHj.png

Looks like our first new teammate is a Kakuna. Reversal has a use.

6miNhn5.png

Well, the Kakuna had teleport, and then I ran into this thing. Not only was it faster than Berhane but it also had Ice Ball. So, I couldn’t escape and I wasn’t able to fire off a Petal Dance. Since that is two wipes outs in 1 chapter, that will do it for now. The graveyard has increased by 2 now.

This is going brilliantly.

Entries into the Ever-Expanding Graveyard

Sl32H1o.pngV0rv3DX.png

k2pFTyn.pngOx0iCHF.png

Time for the third attempt, which hopefully goes better.

[spoiler=Chapter 3 - Third Times the Charm]fE9u5N9.png
This is what the afterlife looks like. Every time you die, you are greeted by a Pokémon Professor apologising for your wait.

1E2XImA.png
Maybe possessing Brandon’s body will give better luck this time around.

9hkC0ut.png
I’m going to be leaving the house almost right away and the nearest shop is in the next town, but yes it does seem like an easy place to live.

ZD10pIU.png
The last gift our father gave us before deciding to live in the gym a city over.

QvpmW9K.png
And so, for the third time in as many chapters, we once again are tasked with saving Birch from the raccoon.

sXEiF4o.png
So, option number 1 is Skarmory,

ahRDoxk.png
Option number 2 is Beautifly

WDiuu8o.png
And number 3 is Golduck.

7HlfYDF.png
Since Beautifly has the lowest BST of the three and picking Skarmory gives May the Beautifly, combined with the fact that Skarmory is better than Golduck. We choose Skarmory.

qVDFqm8.pngSirqrlr.png
Yay, free amulet coin, also a nice mix of stats. Timid does hurt its flying/steel STABs a bit but more speed can be helpful.

chWunnr.png
And yet another raccoon is dead.

7LyYYGd.png
With Saya now added to our team we can now search out May and see how powerful her Beautifly is.

hJAIiVR.png72MVJeN.png
On the way to fight May, we come across a Silcoon, a Tentacruel, and a Sharpedo. Me being the intelligent person I am gave the same number to Tentacruel as Silcoon’s screenshot removing the proof it ever existed.

k0bR41e.png
Shame that May probably won’t get to do anything with her Beautifly.

tFw7HS0.png
I stand corrected. Though nothing is still a farily accurate statement in the larger scale.

E8pXxDq.png
One Drill Peck later and the Beautifly gets a nice long sleep.

Ga3bBX8.png
Heading onto route 101, we meet our first catch.

8ySlioz.png
Or not.

JuDT7w6.png
Maybe this Elekid on route 103.

uqMV1bN.png
Thankfully of the three moves it used, none were useful for it. Dig didn’t work, the two Fury Cutters done next to nothing, and Rain Dance also done nothing.

ZaBxeTi.png8n6mjzj.png
And so, Ellis the Elekid joins our party. Though being a baby Pokémon has its own risks. Well, time to train Ellis a bit so she hopefully doesn’t die.

bnIX7lq.pngWeECweo.pnghRAmqtu.pngkHVbxMU.pngYplcPYZ.png
After fighting a variety of enemies, Ellis now sits at level 7, and with route 101 being slightly terrifying with Bonemareng Surskits and Sonic Boom Tentacruels, we venture forth to Route 102 with hopes of a new team member.

HA9J4xK.png
Another electric type. This game is telling me to become the Mauville City gym leader.

QmEJdi3.png
With the Pikachu successfully caught by it slowing killing itself from confusion after thrashing around (praise harden), we are probably more qualified to lead the Mauville gym.

GWglmRs.pnguoOJxOJ.png
With Wen the Pikachu now part of the team, it is now time to heal back up, and beat up Youngster Calvin.

GfvK7wf.png
Youngster Calvin has a single Swalot, so hopefully it won’t be a large problem.

pHflr6x.png
And it has whirlwind. Let’s see if Wen can do anything.

FeN5VVG.png
Wen out speeds it and kills it with Thrash.

6mppeOk.png
The next opponent is Bug Catcher Rick, who actually has a bug.

0MJLgUZ.png
Which had Sacred Fire. Since Wen only has Physical Moves and Saya is weak to fire, it is up to Ellis to take down the Butterfree.

gZ4wSLV.png
Choosing Ellis was the correct choice, as its next move was Sacred Fire. It then proceeded to spam the crap out of Superpower allowing Fury Cutter to do its job.

tS3ZKpx.png
The next opponent is Rick’s Spoink.

S7Hotr7.png
Which wasn’t tough at all.

R3EKMgy.png
After healing we move onto Youngster Allen and his first Pokemon, a Weezing. Turns out it had Magnitude, but thankfully it didn’t do much.

CaSvHbR.png
Now for Allen’s Meditite.

mvrPxz2.png
Sure enough, one Drill Peck later it’s dead.

BtozN7j.png
Now for the final trainer on route 102, Lass Tiana.

d3QDJgs.png
This Fearow was a bit scary has it had both Drizzle and Water Spout, but with Wen being faster everything ended up well.

Xmw1T54.png
Tiana’s last Pokemon is Regirock. Since Ellis has Dig, she will be the one to fight the golem.

V0wXWoj.png
Dig prevailed, with Ellis taking a bit of damage from Whirlpool.

RlVmqdQ.png
With everyone healed up, and no losses, aside from the catch on route 101, we have made it safely to Petalburg City. Turns out Brandon has a better potential for being a trainer than May does.

None, hurray for that.

WAHAHAHA!

Timid nature on Skarmory isn't really gonna do anything for its speed though, because it's funking Skarmory. Still, Saya should be fine, unlike my own Skarmory. I believe in her. I wonder what Wally's getting this time round? :O

WAHAHAHA!

Timid nature on Skarmory isn't really gonna do anything for its speed though, because it's funking Skarmory. Still, Saya should be fine, unlike my own Skarmory. I believe in her. I wonder what Wally's getting this time round? :O

Skarmory has base 70 speed though, it's fairly fast.

Also, a Flying type and two Electric types is actually really good for resistances. Nice.

Skarmory's base of 70 speed doesn't matter as stats are randomised as long as they still total the BST, so Saya will remain with the 465 BST but has a different distribution. Anyway, time for chapter 4.

[spoiler=Chapter 4 - I Gain a Nemesis]
tF2o1zg.png
We now begin Chapter 4 of our grand tale. I have just left the Pokémart, or the only consistent for-profit business which runs in this universe. Now we have a grand total of 20 Pokéballs and 2 Premier Balls. Now it is time to say hello to our absentee father and his favourite green haired child.

iu69Lld.png
Yes, with no help from you. The clock wasn’t a very thoughtful gift.

JW35ykK.png
Yes, not because I want to help, but because I want to see what you get.

QFQF1go.png
So, Wally gets a land shark with the help of whatever Dugtrio is. Consulting Bulbapedia, Dugtrio is apparently a Whack-a-Mole mole.
9B6DCtP.png
So, after being told to hit the gym and get insulted regarding how we look, we get to route 104. With our catch being an egg.

005ufk3.png
We now have breakfast sorted. 

XwgID7N.pngo3UJJfj.png
Meet Eggbert. He has a pointless move in Swallow as Stockpile doesn’t exist in his knowledge. He is also immune to status effects due to Shield Dust.

oWThNph.png
RIP Eggbert. Despite confusing the Kabuto immediately with Psybeam it hits back with Silver Wind.

5ZgsNbr.png
Though it is no lasting problem, Brick Break solves problems. Wen also wanted to learn Odur Sleuth, but both Saya and Ellis can deal with ghost type.

i6ZprYr.png73FbdCF.png
 We then stumble across Youngster Billy running around in the sand. He stole Not-so-Super Flareon and found a Lanturn probably stuck on the beach. Saya easily took care of them.

9NsP85l.png
The next trainer we meet is rich. Which means more money, cause I need potions.

j9BpZhJ.png
 Well this should be easy.

nccpDHj.png
Yup, it was.

7pEzOLt.png
We have now reached Petalburg Woods. Which means we can get another Pokémon.

tqz4pLK.png
This could be useful.

FXpYEuM.png
This could be useful.

ilGNJQL.png
We have met our second bug catcher, Lyle, who has…

U4Tk6dN.png
A Pokéball, 

VKmLVOo.png
A cat,

qYq5mTi.png
A fake,

Kjb9QNz.png
And something new. Needless to say, none of them were a threat.

OTksw7N.png
Look what we found. Shame it must die.

40whAon.png
Can’t say I have. Moltres, yes. Machamp, yes. Kabutops, yes. Shroomish, not at all.

4TCCHFJ.png
I will, because taking down a crime syndicate could be very rewarding.

tStkHNa.png
It’s my old friend, the first murderer.

wruXAhW.png
Damn it. Surprise Hydro Pump under rain.

QxhWRPx.png
But Brick Break saves the day.
It’s good to know that criminals at least honour the victor of a battle.

Dy0uyAS.png
I knew fighting crime was rewarding.

5M40XT2.png
We have another Bug Catcher.

Vy48edA.png
Who stole from Birch. And then died from Brick Break.

LpFChiJ.png
And a Steelix.

9zALRQ5.png
With Blizzard. I knew it was too good to be true. Getting through a chapter without any losses.

4yutIKq.png
Anyway, Dig saves the day. The Steelix was faster, but thankfully missed with Blizzard.

1Uw9pup.png
We now leave the Woods, to emerge back on to route 104. With one Pokémon left.

4B5ZHRX.png
This guy is just giving out free TMs. Thunder Wave may be useful.

hPVt6vs.png
We then bump into a rich boy, with an Umbreon.

Hf8zuw1.png
This rich boy also talked to the person handing out Thunder Wave. Thankfully Fury Cutter increasing power helped kill the Umbreon.

bBjGpEX.png
After healing Ellis with berries, we now meet another trainer.

UxREpXH.png
With a Snubble, and a Gardevior which I forgot to screenshot. But Fury Cutter saves the day.

JFnpN4J.png
These twins are too scared to fight alone so they rub it in that my team is mostly dead.

8CMkO6y.png
After saying goodbye to Saya and Wen, and healing Ellis, it is back to battling trainers. Starting with this fisherman.

Xsi2x6H.png
Well, it is a Water-type.

HmRKGPH.png
I’m pretty sure Aron would just sink, and is a prime Dig target.

MsqWXT5.png
And finally, a Skiploom. Which is Fury Cutter food.

fFYlxz8.png
We are now at route 116, allowing us an attempt to rebuild our team.

hgIQy5d.png
Our target, a Houndour.

kT0avIo.png
Our team has been rebuilt slightly.

34iADOh.png
And I screwed up. I wondered into battle against a trainer, but through in a couple of Oran Berries and the Swablu having poor Sp.Attack, we beat the Swablu and Ariados.

j5Y03s2.png
First up, a single Wobbuffet.

yexVsTi.png
The next battle is a double battle. Two grass types vs a Fire/Dark and an Electric.

GsgjAKG.png
The Bellsprout exploded.

KlHNrqm.png
Now the odds aren’t looking good.

HqZj0yZ.png
Thankfully the Pineco kept deciding to use two turn moves which went off whenever Ellis was underground. It did manage to hit with a Hyper Beam for 5 damage. The Arcanine was a bigger threat with Psycho Boost. Time to heal and fight our first Gym Leader.

ds33qTY.png
Well Roxanne, let’s see what you have.

oZIAAg2.png
That is not a Rock-type, but oh well. Dig beats fire lizard.

kjaTF0w.png
Well this may suck. I probably should have gave Ellis Thunder Wave. But since we are restricted to Fury Cutter, let’s see what we can do.
P3Cca7S.png
Basically nothing. It had Magnitude, and hit Magnitude 10.

That’s it, I’m moving. No more randomiser, just a more difficult “base” game. I really suck at keeping things alive. Save states are my friend. Will probably be laid out better and not as crammed in.

TSLlF68.pngO4xfdWH.png
Saya, the Skarmory

h70UtJB.pngFfkOcjH.png
Wen, the Pikachu

om6waIW.pngAegdAze.png
Eggbert, the Exeggcute

9SqVzy9.pngbo1wuyZ.png
Han, the Houndour

eJeM0ns.pngkk26O41.png
Ellis, the Elekid.

Ouch that's harsh. Randomized stats are...very tricky to deal with too.

They can either be a blessing or a curse. Sometimes you get a very high HP, High Attack/Speed Flareon (around 250 HP by level 60, while Flareon has 240-334 at level 100 normally), other times you get worthlessness. Anyway, time for Chapter 5.

[spoiler=Chapter 5 - Blazing Darkness (the sequel)]

Theme: Get On With It - Rabi-Ribi OST - 3R2

l87zdG5.png

We move on from Hoenn, ‘cause it is cursed with my failures to Unova. Doing Black 2 as Zekrom is better than Reshiram and Rosa/Mei is better than Hilda/Touko.

YUca6q6.png

Hello first female professor.

yoC5p2w.png

Wait, it’s not Juniper. Cause I am drawn to failure we are doing Blaze Black 2 this time, which means a possible Contrary Snivy. Reason this isn’t randomised is because it can’t without breaking the game.

Eqbd4X6.png

Rosa is better than Nate.

KVZjLh8.png

Yes, well not really.

8RSlUaD.png

This is Hugh. I have no better name for him.

k0keucy.png

Saving impacts nothing at this point.

XjSfIzB.png

Yes, I do.

XjSfIzB.png

No, I don’t.

T5RFfv5.png T5RFfv5.png

What about all those trainers who don’t own a Pokédex?

rl4uMnY.png

So, Bianca’s other appearance or character traits aren’t important enough. She has been reduced to her hat.

FS5FiKG.png

I’m not an idiot, you use a can opener don’t you.

JxCH9hm.png

Hugh, I find it difficult in a city with a PokéCenter and a soon to be trainer school there is a grand total of one Trainer.

onwrOf8.png

I’ll try small child. The world can be a cruel and unforgiving place. As an world weary teen who hasn’t left the city I know these things.

wFBn0ln.png

Who’s this I wonder?

DWviS9v.png

Oh yeah, the key system. Should I use the Challenge Key or not?

rfvIj0k.png

After getting given a bunch of keys, which can increase/decrease the difficulty and so forth, we reach the top of the Outlook.

WUEJUbv.png

It is a nice view.

dcXQB1n.png

No, I don’t know me.

2nnZPfL.png

She must have been told about sarcasm.

JKVZyDH.pngxinY2y3.pngv5ZNX3G.png

Okay, now some differences. Serperior becomes Grass/Dragon, +5 HP and +2 Speed, and can start with Contrary. Emboar gets +5HP, +2 Attack, +15 Def. – 30 Sp.Attack, + 15 Sp.Def, and can start with Thick Fat. Dewott and Samurott become Water/Fighting and Samurott gets +2 Sp.Attack and +5 Speed, and can start with Shell Armour. Since Contrary is great, we will go for Snivy, cause laughing at Growl and Leer early game is fun.

wg1ezu0.png

Here we have Baron, our first Pokémon.

r4YlK96.png

*Laughs* Jolly Nature is annoying, but still. Leaf Storm exists, though now at level 68(46 for Snivy and 56 for Servine) as Dragon Rush is learned at 62 instead.

2ddSoSv.png

Bianca, it is simple. He wants power and to find something. The Pokédex helps, kinda.

O4AVbmE.png

What a coincidence.

NJ3kISU.png

That is acceptable.

vhgA7Am.png

Time to get some bacon.

zxjd5TU.png

This is why Contrary is nice.

h987ekY.png

Using Tail Whip was your mistake. If you just used Tackle you would’ve won. You lost because your stupid.

h987ekY.png

Yay, PokéCenter.

qZ01poZ.png

Free healthcare, a staple in the Pokémon world along with expensive water.

Q768mtX.png

Free Pokéballs, of which there are 30.

zanyCmA.png

Free bike renders the running shoes we received basically pointless.

T7yqUrc.png

With the catching tutorial over it is time to catch our first Pokémon.

HY71hTM.png

Here we have Patrat, Unova’s answer to Rattata. At level 5 as well, which is great.

XBGPmYp.png

If that failed, this would’ve been short. Baron had 4 HP, and the Patrat hit for 6.

orVxBAs.png

Well, that explains the damage. Modest nature hurts a bit. Anyway, time to heal, and there is a town just to the right.

hFXdhZY.png

Free Potion.

uxdjmBr.png

Damn it.

JFXsyPA.png

It’s the guy with the hair animation.

5g2Xezr.png

With our Pokémon healed, now is a good time to stop. Next time we go to the house of a stranger, go to a farm and fight some trainers. So should I activate the Challenge key to increase the chance of things dying by increasing the AI's intelligence and trainer levels ranging from 1-5 depending on the progress, or leave it as it is.

Entries into the Ever-Expanding Graveyard:

None

Wow those natures are kinda rough but this should be good

Jolly, while not ideal, is better than what I've had before. Leaf Blade is still a good physical choice, and Leaf Storm/Draco Meteor can easily allow Baron to Special Sweep again. If it was Overgrow, I probably would focus on Coil and Leaf Blade. Lele's is just annoying.

Anyway, buckle up cause this is a long one.

[spoiler=Chapter 6 - We find a Tourist]

5g2Xezr.png

When we left off, we had just met an old man who jumped off a cliff and asked us to follow him to become stronger. This is how you either become an anime protagonist or a missing person.

KrogGA5.png

Because a young child asked us to.

1w3l5GZ.png

We progress onto route 20, which means trainers and a new Pokémon. Along with lots of murder for Lele and Baron.

a2KR06w.png

First up, this youngster. It is also raining.

cdmRy5Z.png

Lele managed to take down the first opponent, a Patrat which had a level on Lele. So I now have no potions. Should’ve brought some. But Lele can bite things now.

BnsJmUS.png

The next opponent of a raccoon fell to the mighty Baron. Hurray for completely unnecessary crits. Baron also obtained Vine Whip.

nKL6fSu.png

After picking up some potions and getting everyone healed up, we have one more obstacle before we can get our third party member.

Qd5hjZU.png

Oh, three Pokémon. Which means level 4-5s.

pIMyGOQ.png

Well, damn. Not only did it crit, but also won a speed tie. Lele bows out after one chapter.

UBGnUqf.png

Needless to say, Baron got revenge.

Tg7v9h3.png

The Purrloin and Sunkern she had we completely useless. That Pidgey on the otherhand.

tF2RzIC.png

This is a nice find. 5% chance for a Shroomish. You can also find Bagons here, though only a 2% chance.

T7OCMo2.png

Bingo.

UX4o9oL.png

That is a good nature. Also, he is named Gregg because I have a craving for a sausage roll.

7FDaLYh.png

We now move onto the third trainer in our path. Another one with 3 level 5s.

VBvwZc1.png

This was annoying to see. Spearows have peck, both my Pokémon are Grass. Luckily, Gregg scored a crit on his first move, then was growled the next turn.

p1JhFt2.png

With Petey’s Lillipup dead, his third Pokémon is another Flying. So, it is time for Baron, as Gregg’s defence was lowered.

dpqOLae.png

And the Hoothoot done nothing. It tried and failed to use Hypnosis, then used Foresight. Then died.

nQnHKxJ.png

Since we can’t progress this way without a gym badge, it is time to head to the farm.

3pOkykT.png

Here we are, the farm which is focused on Mareep rearing.

0I88t5a.png

And our catch is an Azurill, could be better.

m2eol9r.png

All it did was Tail Whip.

QYQ5Ucm.png

Naughty + Huge Power + STAB priority move after evolving. Azu isn’t bad. Now before I progress as there is a fight with Hugh before he can get his map, it is time to train.

Q1lOQ8q.pngDOxXRWC.pngvH0rj9W.pngbvhDhTi.png

After training against a selection of these along with Mareeps and Tyrouges, my team is now ready to fight Hugh.

AarX4ep.png

And so, we begin our rematch, currently sitting 1-0.

dQirO7c.png

I may be a wee bit over levelled , but levels mean everything here.

Dl9EUna.png

That Hugh Power STAB Headbutt.

sME9hhc.png

Victory is now 2-0 to me.

W4T11uU.png

Looks like the owners have shown up.

pu0gyyg.png

Free item, this will help Azu.

n4U8Fwz.png

They seem to have lost one of their dogs.

mtEnnOO.pngx8uZMiJ.png

Calm down Hugh. It’ll be fine, I’m pretty sure the dog can take care of itself.

qjnkkmh.png

An on hand healing station, meaning we don’t need to head back to a PokéCenter.

SRwLipO.png

We found another trainer. Who had nothing of value.

CX9oVui.png

We then beat up a Janitor.

A8ZpI05.png

And this happens.

vNu0EEa.png

oh-yes.gif

Yes, yes, a move shall be forgotten and replaced with Dragon Rage. It is stupidly good early game. Set 40 damage is good.

IASHxJ0.png

Goodbye Wrap.

2cOhgtf.png

That’ll help with training.

ytOhkqB.png

That is a suspicious person with what I assume to be the missing Herdier.

XXTUGrI.png

I’m sorry, but you failed so I don’t care.

hMUt2JJ.png

The grunt throws us a TM and then runs away.

fJYnqI7.png

Now that the Ranch is done, we can return to Alder.

dR7x1AS.pngGhGWk8n.png

Alder decides that because we are too powerful, we must fight these school kids instead of him training us. It was an easy win because Dragon Rage. Also, Seymour had Water types, so Leaf Tornado also worked.

mAvXnpF.png

Oh yeah, the Medal box. I forgot that was a thing.

ZS3U3WG.png

Alder has given us our next challenge. Clear the Aspertia Gym.

4qr1lSR.png

And I have no idea what this is.

MUObYhu.png

Oh, it’s for Keldeo.

T3gxE3p.png

Berries, Unova’s limited resource. Alder then goes on about taking the Gym challenge.

AbMDiQo.png

I spy a familiar face.

Battle Music - Rabi-Ribi OST - Sudden Death - 3R2

5yeCedO.png

This will be the final battle for this chapter.

7exjYqj.png

Gregg takes down Roxanne’s Anorith with a combination of Bullet Seed and Stun Spore.

xMdsjrS.png

The next opponent is Nosepass.

bWNHaHP.png

Who fell to the same combo. Both Anorith and Nosepass had super-effective moves in Bug Bite and Ice Punch, but Gregg’s defence held.

5Ni8cMd.png

The final opponent was Lileep, which died to Dragon Rage.

LdtSSKJ.png

With us healed up, that wraps us. Next time we officially take on a Gym Leader and head onwards to the next city.

zbtsrr8.png

Lele, the Patrat.

We now take our next step in our journey through Unova, which is so far going remarkably better this time. I've now jinxed it and will wipe out completely in the next few chapters haven't I. It'll be Colress. It is always Colress.

[spoiler=Chapter 7 - The First Badge and a New Challenge]xMjecW0.png

Last time we lost Lele to a Pidgey, while gaining Azu and Gregg. We then fought our rival, annoyed a Plasma grunt, then beat up a tourist from Hoenn. Now it is time to clear Aspertia City Gym.

rAyrM3W.png

Free water. Clyde is the best of the Gym Guides.

5UmC4Tv.png

That I am.

vAkAtrH.png

This’ll be easy then.

OW9dqmg.png

First up Pedro.

XaaaXJz.png

First enemy is a Rattata.

OqJq7zW.png

Bullet seed wins. The Rattata had Flame Wheel which thankfully missed.

h7LCCxh.png

Next is a Whismur, which died after surviving the initial bullet seed and began shouting.

lE72gCa.png

Finally, we fight a Snubbull, which dies with no issues what so ever.

1GAuwK6.png

Our next opponent is Serena.

HwdNMvm.png

Who has a pigeon.

2BUZoHA.png

After switching out for Azu and killing the sky rat, we now fight a small pink ball. Who gets shotted by headbutt.

ReE0AVV.png

Finally, we have a Cleffa, which also dies to headbutt. I have now exacted vengeance against the kin of my nemesis.

PEfs1RF.png

Now for our first official Gym battle.

3eZZBGa.png

I have 7 levels on this and Dragon Rage. It died.

czQCYxc.png

This battle is going to be repetitive isn’t it.

CxtYK9a.png

Ooh, a Munchlax.

BjzFa0r.png

That had a fair amount of health, probably around 70 as it went up above half from eating the Oran berry.

Mnsr45A.png

But have no fear, Dragon Rage still wins.

rVY0eS6.png

Your Gym trainers done more damage than you did.

7CkeYyY.png

Basic Badge get.

6Neah9X.png

TM83 get. Anyway, time to heal up and try to get past that Hiker now.

duD09KZ.png

Oh, it’s Bianca.

NtCFBry.png

Bianca gives the better TM.

MvFdZFk.png

Our first introduction to Juniper is done through a four-way phone call. Blah blah stuff about wanting the Pokédex and Cheren wanting his old team back. We can call Bianca for how much Pokemon like us, Cheren for type match-ups and abilities, and Juniper for the Pokédex progress.

gIi4eFA.png

Hugh, you need to calm down. He just got off the phone.

Nn7I8gL.png

I said calm down.

hRQVZlh.png

Pointless item obtained. Bianca also tells us there is a gym in Virbank City just past Floccesy Town, which gives us our next goal.

OJby8JK.png

Bianca, we were just talking.

nJDSHLJ.png

I don’t need it. Distribution is different as this is a hack. I also don’t open the Pokédex.

JtKR9tR.png

The Hiker thinks he’s tough, does he.

U9gDMnz.png

No idea.

mQ5PXP1.png

Well this is completely fair. We get a Pokémon when were, what 12 (based off Rosa’s manga counterpart Whitely), were as these pre-schoolers are given creatures which can be extremely dangerous.

QsUdjew.png

“It scans its surroundings by raising its ears out of the grass. Its toxic horn is for protection.” This thing could kill someone. And a 3-4 year old is given it. That is risky.

LTVUCbo.png

I am offended that you thought I was on your level.

nf3mufh.png

Dark Grass, perfect for training in. Double Battles and higher levels.

uO93VfS.png

Super Rod get, now I can get something in Virbank City.

oF4oxEn.png

Another pre-schooler which thought they could win. Gregg also levelled up and wanted to learn Mega Drain, but since his Sp.Atk sucks, Leech Seed is a better recovery move.

DYf5OJX.png

That can power up Gregg’s Bullet Seed.

I9Ze0Fy.png

Well, I beat them up first so they are probably recovering from that.

kvP3lAM.png

We now have our first Double Battle, against a set of twins.

X3Ntv0R.png

The twins were kind of annoying having Venipede and Seewaddle, and only attacked Gregg with Poison Sting and Bug Bite.

wsJ00xR.png

But we now get another evolution, then another after Azu levels up again since Marill evolves at level 16.

gzsmNs6.png

Oh, Cherish Balls… Shiny normal Pokéballs.

jiqujMl.png

After getting off the phone with mum, we cycle right into family drama. We are also enlightened to the existence of PokéStar Studios.

9fZCy55.png

Walking down into the Virbank Complex we find another TM.

Huy74ar.png

And our catch is a Flying type. It’s not Taillow, but Spearows are cool.

H3k5c2d.png

Bingo.

AfNq9Ho.png

A completely neutral nature, which is better than a bad one. Not having a Flying-type move was helpful as it allowed Gregg to tank it better.

RCspmu7.png

Heading back into Virbank City to fish, we get our sixth catch of the challenge.

S79lcGl.png

Bingo.

GKSb9Tz.png

Nature is fine, would probably end up using more Special moves on it anyway.

f94a1Ij.png

And that is us for this Chapter. Next time we take on Virbank Gym, another Hoenn Tourist, and explore Pokémon’s Hollywood. Probably going to grind for a bit, to get MacCumail and Sal up to par, as well as get Azu to become an Azumarill, probably aim for mid to late 20s.

Nothing, zip, nada. A mass entry is probably eminent. 

I'm rooting for MacCumail

Also wow you're pretty high leveled aren't ya

It's always good to be a bit over levelled. For example Iris's Haxorus normally is level 59/63, and 78/83 on the rematch depending on whether you are playing Normal or Challenge mode, whereas is Blaze Black/Volt White 2 the Haxorus is level 75/79, going up to 90/98 on the rematch. So being highly levelled is important.

With the next chapter released, we are now a quarter of our way through the Gym Challenge. Though the movie aspect is way more important.

[spoiler=Chapter 8 - We Make Our Debut]

Chapter Theme - Sky Island Town - Rabi-Ribi OST

JXSgsDv.png

Last time we took on Cheren in the Aspertia City Gym and finished off route 20, as well as catching 2 new team members, Sal the Spearow and MacCumail the Finneon. After we left off last time I done a bit of levelling to make sure no-one dies and just cleared up Virbank Complex netting TM94 Rock Smash after beating up three workers who use used either Fire, Electric or Poison type Pokemon. Now to continue with our journey through Unova.

4oXXUPp.pngsiPluST.png

qXJf81k.pngoYIZf1o.png

WpnPG8q.png

Our current team, changes include Azu, Sal, and Gregg evolving.

uilR5rS.png

First item of business, this Harlequin. He, and two in Castelia can give a starter from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh depending on the season.

ErxY8Hl.png

Since it is Spring, this guy gives us a Squirtle, now named Ulysses. Nature is grand, but since I already have 2 Water-types and don’t care for the Squirtle line, he will be boxed as a back-up if things start going bad.

vYOvYf9.png

Now time to take on Virbank Gym. By interrupting practice. First target the drummer.

eQjvGNx.png

Roughneck indeed, he threatened to knock us out whether we got in his way or not.

bdvYezW.png

First up a Grimer.

OxLI2FX.png

Then a Koffing.

FWx68rv.png

And finally, a Nidorino. All of which die to Rain boosted STAB Water Pulse. Now to get antidotes as I forgot.

9W33n7F.png

After getting a few antidotes, we now face the guitarist.

YLuDQq6.png

Who has a Stunky

q7ZeKGw.png

A Budew.

tFaogx9.png

And a Nidorina.

KyleLs4.png

Well you don’t have to shout.

7sK9Tre.png

We now face our second Gym leader, the Poison user Roxie.

2MNS9KA.png

Whose first casualty is a Croagunk, who appeared after switching out a Trubbish after two layers of Toxic Spikes.

mRZB1UP.png

Though due to those spikes anything of than Gregg and Sal are bad choices to switch into.

jbSPUjT.png

With Roxie’s Koffing now defeat, that only leaves her Whirlipede. MaCumail also gains another level. He wanted to learn Captivate but only being able to hit Females is restrictive.

S7447or.png

After MacCumail gets dangerously low on health after a Steamroller crit and Whilipede now outspeeding thanks to two Agilities, we now use Gregg.

5TrYvfn.png

Hurray for Priority moves.

iewY1JW.png

We are now the proud owner of the Toxic Badge and the TM09 Venoshock

23Y2ZIS.png.

Movie star time.

2JTqhlD.png

But first, who is this on the docks. Why none other than the second Hoenn tourist.

e2ODkDo.png

Let’s see what Brawly can do.

C9r9VeQ.png

His Machop does nothing.

lDgUQ0E.png

His Meditite survives one 3 hit Fury Strike, and gets off a Psycho Cut.

vG8INP2.png

His Scraggy manages to hurt Baron through Sucker Punch.

UyrERF0.png

Finally, the Makuhita does some damage with an Ice Punch. And with that we are two of the 11 Hoenn tourists defeated.

4t90wkd.png

We now take our first steps into stardom.

dpFEuBb.png

He really had no choice in what his job path was, did he.

1WEw9wK.png

I will take you up on that offer.

YXQOYxo.png

Yeah, the movie sucked. I would want my money back but I didn’t spend anything to get in.

21rIwGo.png

Sure. I actually enjoy doing these.

cUwoWqU.png

I just watched a film with him in it which was released not too long ago. Which sucked. Is this what I think it is.

vfSu0AV.png

Dammit it is. My first movie is a reboot of a film which just came out. By all means this shouldn’t sell well.

ZdC3e9Q.png

Only in the Pokémon world are movies filmed, edited and released all within the same day.              

RyHRTFA.png

Yeah, this isn’t a large audience.

w1ZdqI6.png

Well, it is the highest grossing film, and for the protagonist to be a completely new to acting, I would say this is a success.

QdVwbQm.png

I love my fans. They give useful items. Anyway, time to catch a boat.

gR6RX4h.png

Dammit. These people again.

A9pvIPb.png

Yeah, now I can live my life of being a lumberjack. Since Team Plasma are cowards, we have to give chase to route 20.

DRldEzJ.png

You just came from that direction. Also, the ocean doesn’t care about your problems.

lpHavXz.png

Why thank you Sherlock.

4tK9BPN.png

Yes, it is awfully suspicious. What do your powers of deduction say then Sherlock? Nothing apparently, you just leave.

Z6KhLQR.png

Now I have a better chance of abusing the Shiny clause.

9Mfzrj4.png

First stop Liberty Garden.

S9JoFvo.png

Look who it is.

MHFR3ta.png

Victini get. It wouldn’t get in Greatballs but a normal Pokéball sure. Thank god for Steel Wing.

A41dWM2.png

Now we have our first Fire-type, and the god of war on our side. Nature could’ve been a bit better as V-Create is a Physical Move. Now I need Heart Scales to get V-Create, Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt.

lZlqirZ.png

And that wraps us up. Next time we explore Castelia, get two more starters and whatever crap will happen regarding Team Plasma next time.

None

Well after being busy for a few days, we now reach chapter 9 of these Nuzlockes.

[spoiler=Chapter 9 - Exploring the Big City]

VETPewu.png

Last time we left off, we arrived in Castelia after getting our second badge and becoming a movie star, as well as a small scuffle with Team Plasma. We can now begin our trip around Castelia City.

hnCLLJ9.png

First stop, the Battle Company. As I can train here and there is a harlequin for the harlequin hunt.

1VwKGfz.png

Can’t Pokémon battles be opinion battles, in a sort of “might makes right” way?

M9oOMP9.png

More easy training.

vLmonXP.png

One down, two to go.

7HV2a9t.png

I don’t really care for a tour, but I am up for a battle.

lZmucnR.png

As a reward for beating him, we get gifted two Quick Balls.

IGxZFMy.png

Let’s just steal items from this company.

OCR3hbS.png

Cool, all that matters is whether we battle.

kMw9AIA.png

Just take the elevator up, that should allow you to find out.

KY9phVC.png

More free stuff.

ATUPpR4.png

This guy needs to meet a quota.

akL5HQi.png

This guy gives us Timer Balls.

PG6nBGI.png

The spy’s info was right. The entire company is run by a child.

P39KzmO.png

I believe it was more that my Pokémon were higher levelled.

4mOattI.png

The second seasonal starter giver. However, since our party is full we will have to come back later. Since it is Spring the one I can get is a Torchic.

QZH0z95.png

The second Harlequin Hunt person.

0SGTf43.png

And the third and final one.

KjcWCex.png

Why is Clyde standing outside the gym?

YF7C8Zh.png

Dammit Burgh. I suck at finding things.

mgCvRjH.png

So, this isn’t the first time then?

iH7ETpm.png

Not actively, but yes.

N4sejwQ.png

My first thought would be the large sailing ship in the harbour.

mfO8C9s.png

On our way to catch up with Iris, we get a Rare Candy for completing the Harlequin Hunt.

g4jWbtt.png

So, we’re not investigating the large suspicious boat then?

yEPbhhg.png

I am not really in suitable wear for walking around in a sewer.

u2HbhKR.png

No, but apparently they are hiding in the sewers.

duTic0x.png

I’m pretty sure they will be dirty if we do find them here.

3sz6oQ0.png

I still don’t like this.

pwVVo1d.png

I am pretty sure I could beat you if we fought right now. The current record is 2-0 to me.

SgobcAO.png

Then it sucks to be you then. Now we have a portable PokéCenter, and complete annoyance.

CkuvM9r.png

Well I get a pick of two rats for my catch here.

uQ7vjS8.png

Thankfully it got in the ball, or else it would’ve been murdered by Rollout.

v6INFo9.png

They really were hiding in the sewers.

1ry2vVM.png

You do look the part.

aH6WAXt.png

Time for a double battle.

Fp5mTLq.png

Yes, they do. That battle also proved I am better than you, since you lost your Pignite.

YeAAIzS.png

What a coincidence.

nRBSDQk.png

Yeah, Strength which is now Rock-type.

BEaCVY0.png

I’ll be training. Ares and Sal can both be useful against you.

Tffr4kU.png

But first, another catch.

8qMySeP.png

This is okay, since Rhyperiors are cool.

Gc9RORu.png

Bingo.

xEKWYRi.png

Another TM.

aZ7GazE.png

Dammit. I could’ve had a Garchomp.

WLYsxib.png

That battle wasn’t hard.

Q3cMsrn.png

Neither was this one.

G9WRE6u.png

This Poryon had Trace, which became Contrary. So, the Scientist being the smart man he is used his X Sp.Def.

cBWoOGb.png

I smacked your Porygon around not you. Now with all the trainers I can reach in Relic Passage defeated, time to go grab seasonal starters.

vvqrKOX.png

No, he is just generally mad.

3g6UeYC.pngpzCddka.pngRsgQHEE.png44NRpuu.png

Damn the natures on Rina and Ryan hurt. Now I need to find a Flame Orb for Rina, and get a Protector for Ryan.

OAL3qmX.png

And that is us for this chapter. After some off-screen training, we go to fight Burgh and whatever tourist is sitting around Castelia.

That's a nice Rhyhorn name you got there.

Shame about the nature though

Yeah, the nature could've been better.

Anyway, we now proceed with Chapter 10, and a slight return to the entire reason this exists.

[spoiler=Chapter 10 - Artists, Tourists, and Scientists.]

gmWw46L.png

Last time we explored around Castelia and fought Team Plasma in the sewers. Now we will fight Burgh and whatever Hoenn tourist we find here.

kQqzO4N.png

First things first. I remembered that Castelia had its own little grass area in BW2 so we can get another Pokémon.

KxvYn9x.png

We do get a nifty Moon Stone as well.

hseOqtm.png

I’m getting the Petilil, as Lilligants are better than Whimsicotts.

cmCucxx.png

Here we have Yuri, as Petilil and Liligant are kind of based of lilies. Nature could’ve been a bit better as she’ll mainly be using Special Attacks. Anyway, boxing Gregg and Azu, we go to train up Ares, Ryan, and Yuri.

EQifuXr.png

Now with the levels of our teams being around 30, time to take own the Castelia City Gym.

JS2XJkB.png

First up, Clarence. Who did have a Pinsir with Vital Throw and Revenge, which did mean using Ryan alone was out of the question.

MrMpv9l.png

Next is Jack. Who was soloed by Ryan.

s0kzYc6.png

Third is Gary, who shouldn’t be a problem as his Pokémon are going to be lower levelled than the previous two.

ScaoM8l.png

The fourth and final gym trainer is Anders.

sT1bM72.png

We now reach Burgh, who has got his entire room covered in permanently wet paint.

oynKSQY.png

Yes, well I have a rhino made of rock and a Pokémon which brings victory.

aeDiPOg.png

We begin.

TZaZevd.png

This should be one Strength away from dying.

H4KMA3F.png

Damn Defence Order preventing me from getting a OHKO.

20DNCqR.png

That is better.

6wtFpN9.png

Time to burn his Ace.

Qe87Q4Y.png

It worked.

FFCC8mP.png

Another Bug/Flying.

oZsLqTm.png

Nevermind, it had Giga Drain.

9WDdj8t.png

Turns out, Masquerain is Bug/Water in Blaze Black/Volt White 2. Still it was burned.

7d9OYBW.png

Next up, a Scyther.

eMyTEUM.png

Flying Gem/Technician Wing Attack hurts a bit.

NKACc8o.png

Considering I most definitely out speed it, it is 4x weak to Fire, and is your last Pokémon, I do believe you could be in trouble.

90RswNV.png

It had a Focus Sash.

V0wIJYn.png

Never fear though, Sal is here.

K2dAeww.png

Insect Badge and TM81 X-Scissor. Now time to heal, bury Ryan, and find our tourist.

9ayJISi.png

We got jumped by a man who hands out TM70 Flash.

tbcOQjI.png

Now whether my Sherlock jokes (if you can call them that) were intentional or not is up to you.

rlPihaq.png

You can try. I am annoyed I lost Ryan right now.

xQRdETg.png

His first Pokémon didn’t do much other than Rain Dance.

YVuctRT.png

He had his Manecetric out before this which was a pain. Besides from paralyzing Ares, and me stupidly not having anything to get rid of it, it had a Life Orb.

cU9e718.png

That is now two of my Pokémon paralyzed.

WXSguL3.png

And his final one was just there, not doing much.

SwxVs0U.png

It’s a guy we briefly met in the sewers.

T9z6Qjm.png

Sure, nothing bad could happen now could it.

K60NcjL.png

I’ll be sure to remember it. Anyway, he wants to battle on Route 4. Before that though we get another Pokemon.

BoIlJVt.png

Bianca do you have nothing else to do.

BdVnJQ8.png

Good, one of the best Key Items.

qcKhz1H.png

I’ll remember that. I have also remembered that Breeders can be refought every time you enter the area they are in. New training dummy.

6u9vnRi.png

That was boring.

0Tg4Y9M.png

Now before we go fight Colress and see what the mysterious wall is, let’s find a Pokemon. Preferable a Sandile.

uVBougH.png

I was hoping for a Sandile as Elesa is next so a Ground-type would’ve been useful. Training Terra is an option.

rxpc22r.png

Damn it. Anyway, lets fight Colress.

c96oKEz.png

I want one.

SKwxj4Q.png

Time to fight the scientist with the snazzy sprite animation.

Pu6cLPv.png

His first casualty.

EnuZdMr.png

His second casualty.

HqVNinJ.png

And the third.

rZwuYBP.png

The fourth, which had an Eviolite. However, things which do a set damage don’t care for it.

VX9exzQ.png

And his final one. Which was already at one health from Ares before it used Volt Switch.

Yr0mCMy.png

Another TM.

JZMuIgk.png

That would be nice.

S4gMesn.png

If you say so. Anyway, time to cut to the Desert Resort in hopes of a Sandile.

GygV4ot.png

Now for the moment of truth. Other grounds available are Sandshrew and Trapinch outside, with them as well as Hippopotas inside. Though Trapinch would be ideal, is also the hardest to find, while Sandile is the easiest and is still awesome.

TMeQwba.png

I already have 4 Grass-types. Looks like Terra is going to be the one taking me through Nimbasa Gym. Unless I count outside and inside Desert Resort as two different areas as they have different catch lists.

T93sCFo.png

We have our 5th Grass-type.

mkx3KLM.png

Well, the nature is sort of decent? I think the Cacnea line has more physical moves, so a bit more Sp.Def is nice. But Nic is probably not going to be used. Unless Baron, Gregg, Terra, and Yuri all die.

Br13YcC.png

And that is us for this chapter. Will probably train up Terra off screen, though Grass does hurt as Elesa does have an array of Fire, Flying and Ice moves, so being part Grass does hurt more than being pure Ground.

Entries in to the Ever-Expanding Graveyard:

uk0K6nW.png

Ryan, the Rhyhorn.

NOOO WHYYYYY

Well that's sad...

Ryan was to be my main for Elesa, as outside of the Lanturn (and possibly the Electrabuzz), he should've been able to kill everything using Bulldoze or Strength. But alas, I am bad at planning.

[spoiler=Chapter 11 - Arrival at the Shining City]

QTYuzge.png

Last time we left off we explored route 4 a bit after beating Burgh, Watson, and Colress. We did net a Cacnea named Nic. After thinking it over, places such as the Desert Resort or Relic Passage which have two different catching lists are counted as two different areas. So, that gives us the inside area of the Desert Resort, as well as Relic Castle as two catches we can get before heading to Nimbasa City. So, away we go.

prDpRfh.png

The inside area of Desert Resort, also has a nice nurse we can use to heal.

rsa6QOg.png

That is not a Ground-type.

0UetE3L.png

I may have accidentally killed it. I could’ve got a Togepi via NPC trade or just levelled it. To Relic Castle.

tksvwE7.png

Another TM, which will come in handy.

X0gaEpy.png

While trying to avoid trainers so I have things to train on later this guy spots us. He lost.

VH3OrVT.png

Well, we can get a Litwick from Relic Castle.

uyX9IPf.png

Another team member has been obtained.

yt7c901.png

Well, we continue onwards to Nimbasa. But first Join Avenue.

PsbPv1Z.png

Thank you, can I get on through now.

J3GGVpA.png

Don’t really care.

dPtMeNn.png

Don’t say it.

r3YOvp8.png

Please no.

QR5lq4x.png

Yes, I do, but please don’t say it.

XncS36V.png

Dammit. No, I won’t.

SGreIeR.png

Why me? I am 12 years old, and I am not going to be here all that often. That is not a good choice for a manager. But since this is a forced choice.

AYNBqlP.png

I don’t like you.

xXmSI8F.pngPnLQWvb.png

Really, Dammit and Huh are acceptable answers to screening questions.

84AaG5A.png

My name is perfectly acceptable.

I0BpcRV.png

Cool. Let’s build an entire commercial centre in a tunnel.

bTIMzc0.png

While I don’t care for Join Avenue it is useful.

v5j9Tux.png

Moomoo Milk, one of the best value healing items. 500 Pokédollars for a thing of milk.

Cb08sq1.png

Now that that is over, we arrive in Nimbasa City.

XdfvZdm.png

We find a Thunder Stone, though we have no use for it.

IPYp6dh.png

Here is Cier, the Litwick. I believe that nature on Cier is fine, as the Litwick line isn’t that fast anyway.

uiuZd5s.png

Oh, who is this?

FmhFHcF.png

That is entirely acceptable.

NJfxp52.png

Cool.

YtUeEJP.png

Our first match in Nimbasa is against train people.

ViQFOCI.png

Dammit. I now have no ground-types. Elesa is going to murder me.

883KX6m.png

They made my life more difficult than it needed to be. Thankfully there is Route 5 and 16, as well as Lostlorn Forest, as well as a Hidden Grotto. I can bounce back from this.

mkVLDl3.png

Dammit, it’s Bianca again.

scconoz.png

Good, you aren’t useless. Now Sal has a Flying move, since I accidentally forgot Aerial Ace.

G83lqYk.png

It’s a Munchlax. This is decent.

kBxe7YM.png

It is most definitely bulky. Water Pulse from MacCumail wasn’t doing much.

RnpA3QK.png

Leftovers + Amnesia + Fairly high Sp.Def = Pain to catch. Thankfully, Timer Balls. Moveset is annoying to work with though. Time to patch it up a bit.

iHrfBn7.png

That is a bit better. Time to catch our Route 5 partner.

8YsGTIb.png

Bliztles are cool. If it has Motor Drive, even better.

c4OI7dN.png

Bingo. Now to the PokéCenter to check it and heal up.

Nvql3vr.png

Here we have Vodka, named after the best Horse Girl, as zebras are just pissed off horses. Would’ve preferred Motor Drive or Lightning Rod to aid against Elesa. There are also no prominent grass trainers in Unova, outside the PWT. To route 16 I go.

gwhIIpb.png

Oh, a Glameow.

RXVH84v.png

You can be named after the Galactic Commander. Now for our Lostlorn Forest catch.

eDiAmUq.png

It’s a Pinsir.

K6bA171.png

Got it. Was afraid it was going to kill itself with Submission.

c6eD6HZ.png

Looking for the sun stone in Nimbasa, and it has been changed to Frozen Ore, which is used to get Glaceon. Though I can get a Sun Stone in the Virbank Complex after completing the Habitat list. So that is on hold.

eCkDPQe.pngi9R7yt0.png

Here we have Mars and Crush. Look at all those fighting moves. Crush’s nature is brilliant as well. Crush may now be one of my favourite catches.

DY4ALmw.png

So, with a lot of running around, there shall be training before I start the next chapter and fight Elesa and the tourist, mainly because the Gym leaders are now caught up to my levels. My highest is 36, Elesa’s Zebrastrika is 35. Though there is a Breeder in Lostlorn Forest, as well as the Stadiums so I have trainers I can fight.

aBJWDFL.png

Terra, the Torterra.

Archived