[DP20] Blue Eyes Chaos Dragon

269_20180425052343_STEjkZShCNPRN21OCaRQl

Blue-Eyes Chaos Dragon

Level 8 DARK Dragon Ritual Effect Monster

3000 ATK / 0 DEF

-You can Ritual Summon this card with "Chaos Form".

-Must be Ritual Summoned.

(1) Cannot be targeted, or destroyed by, your opponent's card effects.

(2) When this card Ritual Summoned using "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" declares an attack: You can change the battle position of all monsters your opponent controls, and if you do, their ATK/DEF become 0, also if this card attacks a Defense Position monster this turn, inflict piercing battle damage.

Can only be removed with non-targetting, non-destruction removal and piercing damage? Eh, okay I guess. Screams beatstick, which lives up to the Blue-Eyes standard, but it doesn't feel special imo.

Sadly you can't search it or Chaos Max with Pre-prep, and it does a little less damage than Chaos Max, but if you summon it with ARA, its a certain 3k damage

If you can summon this and Chaos Maxx. It's GG. Duelist packs are meant to be nostalgia bait, not top tier sheet.

znqSFhh.png?1

We're also getting a metal form

znqSFhh.png?1

O.e based on that it could lead you to belive were going to get some Omnimon esc Fusion with this is the Garuru Cannon/Metal Garurumon.

OT: Chaos Dragon basically is Chaos Max but trades 1000 ATK and double Piercing for being able to switch positions and reduce ATK/DEF to 0 if summoned using original Blue-Eyes where this is good for pushing games in Blue-Eyes Decks. Still all I think all Blue-Eyes need is Xyz's, Pendulums and Links and they have usage of all Summoning Mechanics.

znqSFhh.png?1

looks like a potential shining retrain to me.

As for this... Honestly I'm super unimpressed. Important to note it can be destroyed by battle, and it doesn't do too much to push for game, not to mention the home deck needed absolutely zero help counting to 8000.

I was hoping that the Legendary Duelist packs would stick to characters and decks that don't get much attention, so I'm kinda disappointed that we're getting more Kaiba. Still hoping for Gate Guardian support!

As for the card itself, it's just another Chaos MAX. I'm expecting some support to help summon them both.

this thing is pretty disappointing. i mean, it opens up the field for your weaker monsters, but it;s a blue eyes monster, for blue eyes decks. the moansters in that deck already hit like trucks, why did it need that second effect? i'd rather it have had the ability to attack 2-3x than have it windstorm of etaqua everything to zero. or better yet, why would they not let it attack multiple times, with an effect like that? then at least it would be strong enough on it's own to actually throw it out.

znqSFhh.png?1

good, i've always wanted blue-eyes jet white dragon.

It's pretty much another copy of Chaos MAX, but is it really that bad, I wonder. It's no top tier material, but now Chaos MAX themed decks get 3 extra copies of the Ritual to work with, plus it's also DARK Level 8 to feed Trade-in, Allure for draw power. Not to mention that you can grab both with Melody of Awakening Dragon, Recurring Nightmare.

It’s worse than CMax because it requires OG Blue-Eyes, meaning things like Deviritual and Senju can’t be used for it, and 3K beater is much easier to clear than 4k.

You say that like you can't think of using Advanced Ritual Art in a BEWD deck where you can use this to send OG BEWD from your deck to the grave. Plus this card is also a Trade in and Melody of Awakening Dragon target so it has a lot of utility with other BEWD cards.

You definitely can use ARA, but this card is less consistent overall, and it’s not exactly a huge payoff.

The selling points to Chaos Max are how sticky it is + the ability to single handedly OTK people who aren’t expecting it, but CMax still isn’t good enough because it just sits there.

This deals 3K, but blue-eyes can output high damage without this.

It seems like you are meant to use this and Chaos Max together. One forces monsters to sit down and makes them 0, and the other double pierces for 8k damage.

The setup depends a bit in Melody of the Awakening Dragon.

It is a little too much investment for competitive consideration, but I don't think it's terrible..... Well.. there's the fact Links are immune to this card... Ok it's not great.... xD

It’s worse than CMax because it requires OG Blue-Eyes, meaning things like Deviritual and Senju can’t be used for it, and 3K beater is much easier to clear than 4k.

Oh, right, it needs the Blue-Eyes as material to inflict the big damage. And while 3000 ATK is indeed less intimidating than 4000, I was thinking it would be able to OTK before anything ran over it. But if you didn't use Blue-Eyes for it, then it's not as threatening.

It seems like you are meant to use this and Chaos Max together. One forces monsters to sit down and makes them 0, and the other double pierces for 8k damage.

The setup depends a bit in Melody of the Awakening Dragon.

Would be funny if they ever release a Kaleidoscope variant for them so you can Summon both with the same Ritual Spell :v

Archived