I Remade The Venom Archetype Almost Entirely Discuss If You Want Feedback Is Appreciated

Venom Snake Lv3 Dark/Reptile/Effect 1000/1000

You can discard this card to the graveyard; add 1 “Venom Swamp” from your deck or graveyard to your hand. When an opponent's monster targets a reptile type “Venom” monster you control for an attack you can banish this card from your graveyard to negate the attack and if you do place one Venom Counter on that monster, you can only activate this effect of “Venom Snake” once per turn.

Venom Serpent Lv3 Dark/Reptile/Effect 1200/1000

When this card is normal summoned you can add one “Venom” card from your deck to your hand. Once per turn you can place 2 Venom Counters on face up monsters your opponent controls.

Venom Cobra Lv4 Dark/Reptile/Effect 1500/1000

When a reptile type “Venom” monster you control battles an opponent's monster that monster gains 500 atk and the opponent's monster loses 500 atk. Once per turn you can place one Venom Counter on a face up monster your opponent controls.

Venom Viper Lv4 Dark/Reptile/Effect 1400/1000

While “Venom Swamp” is face up on the field this card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts damage to your opponent you can add one “Venom” card from your graveyard to your hand. If a “Venom Swamp” you control would be destroyed you can destroy this face up card instead.

Venom Mamba Lv4 Dark/Reptile/Effect 1600/1000

While “Venom Swamp” is face up on the field monsters your opponent controls with Venom Counters have their effects negated. While you control 3 or more reptile type “Venom” monsters, monsters in your opponent’s graveyard have their effects negated. Once per turn you can place one Venom Counter on a face up monster your opponent controls.

Venom Krait Lv3 Dark/Reptile/Effect 1300/1000

When this card is normal summoned you can special summon one level 4 or lower reptile type “Venom” monster from your hand or graveyard and if you do distribute Venom Counters equal to the number of reptile type “Venom” monster you control among face up monsters your opponent controls.

Venom Taipan Lv3 Dark/Reptile/Effect 1100/1000

While “Venom Swamp” is face up on the field and while you control another reptile type “Venom” monster any card sent to your opponents graveyard is banished instead. Once per turn you can place 1 Venom Counter on a face up monster your opponent controls.

Venom Rattler Lv4 Dark/Reptile/Effect 1700/1000

When a monster your opponent controls is destroyed by battle with a reptile type “Venom” monster or by the effect of a “Venom” card inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monsters levelX2. Once per turn you can place 1 Venom Counter on a face up monster your opponent controls.

Venom Python Lv5 Dark/Reptile/Effect 2000/1000

You can tribute summon this card by tributing a monster your opponent controls with a Venom Counter. When this card is normal summoned you can place one Venom Counter on each face up monster your opponent controls. Once per turn you can remove one Venom counter from anywhere on the field to special summon 1 “Venom Token” (Reptile-type/Dark/Lv3/1000/1000).

Venominon The King Of Venomous Snakes Lv8 Dark/Reptile/Effect ????/????

Cannot be special summoned by other effect monsters effects. This card gains 500 atk and def for each reptile type monster in your graveyard. Once per turn you can discard one reptile monster to draw 1 card and if it is a level 4 or lower reptile monster you can special summon it. When this face up card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard: you can banish one other reptile type monster from your graveyard; special summon this card.

Venominaga The Deity Of Venomous Snakes Lv10 Dark/Reptile/Effect ????/????

Cannot be normal summoned or set. Must first be special summoned with “Rise Of The Snake Deity” and cannot be special summoned by other ways except by its own effect. This card gains 700 atk and def for each reptile type monster in your graveyard. This card cannot be targeted by and is unaffected by spell/trap effects and other effect monsters effects. When this face up card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard: you can banish one other reptile type monster from your graveyard; special summon this card. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: place one Hyper-Venom Counter on it. When 3 Hyper-Venom Counters are on this card, you win the duel.

Venom Swamp-Field Spell Card

During each player’s end phase: place 1 Venom Counter on each face up monster, except reptile type “Venom” monsters. Monsters lose 500 atk and def for each Venom Counter on them. Destroy a monster if its ATK becomes 0 by this effect and if you do inflict damage to your opponent equal to the original ATK of that monster, monsters destroyed by this effect cannot activate their effects this turn.

Venom Pheromones-Continuous Spell Card

When a reptile type “Venom” monster you control battles a defence position monster change that monster to face up attack position and if you do place one “Venom” counter on it. Monsters your opponent controls with Venom Counters must attack if able.

Venomous Hate-Continuous Spell Card

When a reptile type “Venom” monster destroys an opponents monster by battle inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monsters original ATK or DEF of that monster (whichever is higher). During your opponents end phase inflict 100 damage to your opponent for each “Venom” monster In your Graveyard. You can only control one “Venomous Hate”.

Venom Molt-Continuous Spell Card

Once per turn if a reptile type “Venom” monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or by card effect they are not destroyed and they gain 500 ATK and DEF.

Venom Rebirth-Normal Spell Card

Activate only if all monsters in your graveyard are reptile type. Special summon one Level 4 or lower “Venom” monster from your graveyard and if you do distribute Venom Counters among face up monsters your opponent controls equal to the level of the special summoned monster. You can only activate one “Venom Rebirth” per turn.
Venom Shot-Quick Play Spell Card

Activate only while you control a face up “Venom” monster. Send one reptile type monster from your hand or deck to the graveyard and place 2 Venom Counters on a face up monster(s) your opponent controls.

Venom Burn-Normal Trap Card

Select one monster with a Venom Counter(s). Remove all Venom Counters from that card and inflict 700 damage to your opponent for each Venom Counter Removed. You can only activate one “Venom Burn” per turn.

Venom Fangs-Normal Trap Card

Activate only when a “Venom” monster you control is declared as an attack target. Negate the attack and end the battle phase. Then place 2 Venom Counters on the monster that attacked.

Offering To The Snake Deity-Normal Trap Card

Send one reptile type “Venom” monster you control to the graveyard; destroy 2 cards your opponent controls.

Rise Of The Snake Deity-Normal Trap Card

You can activate this card from your hand by paying 1000 life points. When a “Venominon The King Of Venomous Snakes” you control is destroyed and sent to the graveyard you can special summon one “Venominaga The Deity Of Venomous Snakes” from your hand, deck, or graveyard.

Snake Deity’s Command-Counter Trap Card

Activate by discarding one “Venom” card from your hand. Negate the activation and effect of an opponents spell/trap card, and destroy it.

Snake Deity’s Suppression-Counter Trap Card

Activate by discarding one “Venom” card from Your hand. Negate the special summon of an opponents monster(s) and destroy it.

I'll go over some cards that caught my attention.

Venom Snake

I'm really liking the modernisation, however I'd personally have kept its original "feel". I'd give it the effect it currently has in addition to its original effect as they can't really function at the same time. Also it works well "Venom Shot" which is nice.

Venom Serpent

You are aware it searches the Spell/Trap line-up too right? That's a really quick plus 1 and make this card basically an objectively better version of Venom Snake

Venom Cobra

The effect itself is pretty good, and I see what it's supposed to do. But what happened to its 2k body? I mean, it has an effect now, but it has nothing to do anymore with the original card. If you change them this much then you might as well just give them modern support. 

Venom Viper

I get the idea. But this is a deck based on decreasing your opponent's monster's ATK. If you have to rely on this thing to get over their monsters you're doing something wrong. Though the advantage regaining effect is nice, I guess.

Venom Mamba

YES PLEASE!

Venom Krait

Nice card, it works.

Venom Taipan

I mean, if you have a Mamba with its second effect it isn't really needed. But still a nice card, completely wall 60 card decks, if a bit redundant.

Venom Rattler

Not bad, but its an unneeded normal summon.

Venom Python

So its a better archetypal Kaiju? I like Kaijus. And its a playmaker.

Snake Diety's Command/Suppression

Normally this would be bad. But this Archetype has such a hard time with backrow that they need this. Also the deck can get so cloggy with normal summons that the discard 1 isn't the biggest deal.

Possible Decklist for a consistant Venom Deck

3 Venom Snake

3 Terraforming

3 Venom Swamp

3 Venom Serpent

3 Venom Krait

3 Venom Python

1 Solemn Judgement

3 Offering To The Snake Deity

3 Snake Deity's Command

1 Venomous Hate

3 Venom Shot

3 Venom Rebirth

3 Venom Mamba

2 Pot of Duality

3 Lose 1 Turn

Thank you so much for the feedback and for your praise! As for the things you mentioned, i think that you make a very good point about Venom Snake, in fact i honestly meant to give it its old effect but apparently i forgot to so i'll edit that. I am aware that Venom Serpent searches spells and traps and yes while it technically is a better version of Snake i wanted to have a searcher specifically for Venom Swamp because the card is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY and i made it a discard effect per usual with field searchers as to not eat up the normal summon for the turn and serpent was meant to entice the player into searching for different card other than Venom Swamp, like if you opened up with both A Snake and a Serpent but i could also see limiting it to monsters. As for Venom Cobra i saw absolutely no benefit what soever leaving it as it was the 2000 DEF and minuscule attack meant you would be forced to set it or special summon it in defense position, i imagined this archetype to be vert aggressive with it's play style and the original Cobra just didn't fit right to me. Viper is one of the weaker designs here i'll put some thought into tweaking its effects. Glad you like Mamba so much i really liked the idea of poisoning monsters with more than just stat reduction. I thought Krait needed a simple effect to assist swarming while also keeping the venom counter motif. Fair point about Taipan but i feel it still has use despite Mamba, at least as an alternate option. Good point about Rattler i might give it a special summoning condition. Glad you like Python. With the two traps negation is always nice especially with decks that struggle against spell/trap effects. Again thank you so very much for reading these and giving such welcome feedback. I'll probably do something with the Crystal Beast monsters next so watch for that if your interested and i look forward to hearing what you have to say about them. Also i have one final set that I've posted here where i retrained the Dark Scorpion monsters check them out if you like.

Archived