Fully Reworked And Supported Arcana Force Archetype

Arcana Force 0- The Fool                           Light/Fiend LV1 0/0

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:Negate card effects that target this card and destroy them. ●Tails:After resolving a card effect that targets this face up card destroy this card.

Arcana Force I- The High Priestess           Light/Fiend LV3 1100/1100

Once per turn you can gain 600 life points for each face up “Arcana Force” monster. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:When your opponent activates a card effect gain 600 life points. ●Tails:When you activate a card effect your opponent gains 600 life points.

Arcana Force II-The Magician                    Light/Fiend LV3 1200/1200

When a spell card is activated double this cards original ATK until the end phase. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:Once per turn you can discard one card to add one spell card from your deck to your hand. ●Tails:You cannot activate spell cards.

Arcana Force III- The Empress                  Light/Fiend LV3 1300/1300

While you control another “Arcana Force” monster your opponent cannot select this card as an attack target or target it with card effects. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:When your opponent summons a monster(s) you can special summon one “Arcana Force” monster from your hand. ●Tails:When your opponent summons a monster(s) discard one card.

Arcana Force IV- The Emperor                  Light/Fiend LV4 1400/1400

All “Arcana Force” monsters you control gain 600 ATK and DEF. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:Face up monsters your opponent controls lose 1000 ATK and DEF and have their effects negated during the battle phase. ●Tails:Face up monsters your opponent controls gain 1000 ATK and DEF and “Arcana Force” monsters you control cannot declare an attack.

Arcana Force V- The Hierophant                Light/Fiend LV4 1500/1500

During your end phase inflict 600 damage to your opponent for each “Arcana Force” monster on the field. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:Reduce the level of all “Arcana Force” monsters in your hand by 2. ●Tails:Increase the level of all “Arcana Force” monsters in your hand by 2.

Arcana Force VI- The Lovers                     Light/Fiend LV4 1600/1600

Once per turn you can normal summon one “Arcana Force” monster in addition to your normal summon this turn. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:This card can be treated as 2 tributes for the tribute summon of an “Arcana Force” monster. ●Tails:You cannot tribute summon “Arcana Force” monsters.

Arcana Force VII- The Chariot                    Light/Fiend LV4 1700/1700

While this card is face up on the field your opponent cannot target other monsters you control for attacks except “Arcana Force VII- The Chariot”. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:When an “Arcana Force” monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the graveyard you can special summon that monster to your field in defence position. ●Tails:When an “Arcana Force” monster you control is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard special summon it to your opponent's field in defence position.

Arcana Force VIII- Strength                        Light/Fiend LV5 1800/1800

If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the graveyard you can target one monster your opponent controls equip this card to that target. While this card is equipped to an opponent's monster by this effect take control of that monster.  When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:Change control of one monster on the field. ●Tails:Your opponent gains control of as many monsters you control as possible except this card.

Arcana Force IX- The Hermit                     Light/Fiend LV5 1900/1900

When an “Arcana Force” monster you control destroys an opponent's monster draw one card. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:Once per turn you can target one “Arcana Force” monster you control it can make a second attack during each battle phase this turn. ●Tails:Only one monster you control can declare an attack each turn.

Arcana Force X- Wheel Of Fortune            Light/Fiend LV5 2000/2000

Once per turn you can select  one other “Arcana Force” monster on the field that monsters effect is now treated as the opposite coin toss result. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:Roll a six sided die and draw cards equal to the result and if you do end your turn. ●Tails:roll a six sided die and your opponent draws cards equal to the result.

Arcana Force XI- Justice                            Light/Fiend LV5 2100/2100

When this card battles an opponent's monster it loses 1000 ATK and if it does this card gains 1000 ATK. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:At the end of the damage step if this card battled destroy all spell/trap cards your opponent controls. ●Tails:When an opponent's monster declares an attack destroy all spell/trap cards you control.

Arcana Force XII- The Hanged Man           Light/Fiend LV6 2200/2200

If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle gain life points equal to its ATK/DEF whichever is higher. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:Once per turn you can target one monster your opponent controls destroy it and if you do inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monsters ATK/DEF whichever is higher. ●Tails:Destroy this card and take damage equal to its ATK.

Arcana Force XIII- Death                            Light/Fiend LV6 2300/2300

When a card(s) is banished this card gains 300 ATK and DEF. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:Banish monsters destroyed by battle with “Arcana Force” monsters you control. ●Tails:Banish this card during the end phase of this turn but special summon it during your next standby phase.

Arcana Force XIV- Temperance                 Light/Fiend Lv6 2400/2400

During damage calculation in either player's turn you can special summon this card and if you do end the battle phase. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:Halve the battle damage you take. ●Tails:Double the battle damage you take.

Arcana Force XV- The Devil                       Light/Fiend LV7 2500/2500

When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle destroy one card your opponent controls. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. ●Tails:This cards ATK and DEF become 0.

Arcana Force XVI- The Tower                    Light/Fiend LV7 2600/2600

When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:Destroy all cards your opponent controls and inflict 300 points to your opponent for each. ●Tail:Destroy all cards you control and take 300 damage for each.

Arcana Force XVII- The Stars                    Light/Fiend LV7 2700/2700

You can discard this card to add one “Light Barrier” from your deck or graveyard to your hand. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:Once per turn you can special summon one “Arcana Force” monster from your hand or graveyard. ●Tails:During your standby phase discard one card.

Arcana Force XVIII- The Moon                   Light/Fiend LV7 2800/2800

“Moon Tokens” you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:During each players standby phase special summon one “Moon Token” (Fiend/Light/LV1/ATK 0/DEF 0). ●Tails:During each players end phase select one monster you control and give control of it to your opponent.

Arcana Force XIX- The Sun                        Light/Fiend LV8 2900/2900

Your opponent plays with their hand and set cards revealed. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:During your opponent's standby phase inflict 400 damage to your opponent for each card in their hand. ●Tails:During your standby phase take 400 damage for each card in your hand.

Arcana Force XX- Judgement                     Light/Fiend LV8 3000/3000

This card gains 100 ATK and DEF for each card in the graveyards. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:Once per turn you can banish up to 3 cards from your opponent's graveyard and if you do special summon “Arcana Force” monsters from your graveyard equal to the number of cards banished by this effect. ●Tails:Banish all monsters in both players graveyards then banish this card.

Arcana Force XXI- The World                     Light/Fiend LV8 3100/3100

When this card battles a defence position monster inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. When this card is summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect. ●Heads:During your end phase you can send 2 monsters you control to the graveyard to skip your opponent's next turn. ●Tails:During your opponent's standby phase your opponent draws one card.

Light Barrier                       Field Spell Card

During your standby phase, toss a coin. If the result is tails the following effects are negated until your next standby phase. ● The effect(s) of all non-”Arcana Force” monsters are negated. When a card asks you to toss a coin(s) while you control an “Arcana Force” monster choose which effect to apply without tossing a coin. If an “Arcana Force” monster destroys a monster by battle gain life points equal to that monsters original ATK.

Divination Of Fate               Normal Spell Card

Add one “Arcana Force” monster from your deck to your hand. You can banish this card from your graveyard to special summon one “Arcana Force” monster from your hand or graveyard. You can only activate one effect of “Divination Of Fate” per turn.

Ace Of Sword                     Normal Spell Card

Toss a coin. ●Heads:Destroy all monsters your opponent controls. ●Tails:Destroy all monsters you control.

Cup Of Ace                         Normal Spell Card

Toss a coin. ●Heads:Draw 3 cards. ●Tails:Your opponent draws 3 cards.

Arcanatic Doom Scythe      Continuous Spell Card

When an “Arcana Force” monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monsters original ATK.

Reverse Reborn                  Normal Spell Card

Special summon one “Arcana Force” monster from your graveyard to either players field in face up attack position and equip it with this card. The equipped monster has its Tails effect applied. When this card is destroyed destroy the equipped monster. You can only activate one “Reverse Reborn” per turn.

Reverse Sacrifice                Normal Spell Card

Select one level 5 or higher “Arcana Force” monster in your hand. Special summon “Arcana Force” monsters from your hand, deck, and/or graveyard to your opponent's side of the field equal to the number of tributes required to tribute summon that monster (your opponent chooses the battle position(s) of the summoned monster(s).) Then special summon that monster in face up attack position. You choose the effects of monsters special summoned by this effect without tossing a coin.

Reversal Of Fate                  Quick Play Spell

Select one “Arcana Force” monster on the field. That monster’s effect is now treated as the opposite coin toss result.

Arcana Calling                     Quick Play Spell

Select one “Arcana Force” monster you control. Send one “Arcana Force” monster from your hand or deck to the graveyard. Until the end phase the selected monster’s effect becomes the other monster’s effect for the same coin toss result.

The Hierophant’s Staff         Counter Trap Card

Activate only when your opponent activates a card effect. Toss a coin. ●Heads:This turn cards you control are unaffected by your opponent's card effects. ●Tails:This turn take 500 damage each time your opponent activates a card effect.

Tour Of Doom                      Continuous Trap Card

During your opponent’s standby phase toss a coin. ●Heads:your opponent cannot normal summon or set monsters until the end phase. ●Tails:You cannot normal summon or set monsters during your next turn.

Ace Of Wand                       Normal Trap Card

Activate only when a monster(s) is destroyed. Toss a coin. ●Heads:Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the combined ATK of those monsters. ●Tails:Take damage equal to the combined ATK of those monsters.

Pentacle Of Ace                  Normal Trap Card

Activate only when a monster(s) is destroyed. Toss a coin. ●Heads:Draw card equal to the number of destroyed monsters. ●Tails:Your opponent draws cards equal to the number of destroyed monsters.

I love the idea of just reworking all the old cards in the same style to make the same archetype but better. If you don't mind I might even nick this idea from you for other archetypes. But could you explain what you were trying to do with these changes? I can see that you finished the entire archetype which Konami was too lazy to do, but other than that the effects still have about the same good effect to bad effect ratio. Were you trying to just make the Archetype less frustrating to play? because then you succeeded. Were you trying to make them better? Then you failed, they're just bad in more fair ways now, I think if this was your goal then you fundamentaly missed why they are bad.

Also Wheel of Fortune is just stupid, lol. If you get the heads effect and a good roll you've basicly immediatly won (or maybe not because you're playing Arcana Force and your deck is probably just one big brick), if you get tails and a high roll you've immediatly lost.

Also, why on earth would you use black text on a black background.

It is true that in reality the Arcana Force monsters are nearly unplayable however that doesn't keep me from being absolutely in love with their visual designs and concepts both from an artistic standpoint as well as their game play concepts. I felt that removing any sort of risk would remove what makes the deck unique and completely neuter it from a creative standpoint. Making the effects risky also allows me to make the positive effects even more powerful because there is a chance that you won't get to use them in the first place however where the real cards failed in this regard is they forced you to rely solely on the coin toss which isn't fun to play so i circumvented this weakness by also giving each arcana force monster an effect that is independent from the coin toss. I wanted to make this deck i really like better while also not losing sight of the vision originally meant for the deck. My philosophy for supporting old cards isn't to change the way they work it is to take their concepts that they already have and make them stronger. So the way you put it was right on the money i made them more fair and while i didn't make them risk free i would argue that i did make each card stronger. That being said i am a little embarrassed to admit it but their are a few cards that are SUPER weakly designed because i just couldn't come up with anything do do with them at the time and The Wheel Of Fortune is the worst card in my opinion. The thing with the text is because i'm new to this site and i'm not sure how that happened because as i'm typing this the background is white, I'll edit it to have white text. I'm also really glad you like my way of designing cards it's the way i like doing fantasy support the best and i would absolutely love to see what you can do with it. Thank you for the feedback like i said i'm pretty new at this if you could i would also like it if you could check out my Venom cards as well i'm also very proud of those and i'd love to hear what you think. Also i had flirted with the idea of designing more cards that weaponize the tails effects of the monsters by giving them to your opponent, this concept exists in Reverse Reborn And Reverse Sacrifice but i feel that their is more that can be done with this concept, thoughts?

Archived