[VJUMP] Trishula, the Iceprison Dragon

Trishula.png?zoom=1.5&resize=230%2C336&s

3 monsters with different names
Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by banishing the above cards you control (in which case you do not use “Polymerization”). If this card is Special Summoned using only monsters whose original Types are Dragon: You can look at the following in sequence and banish 1 card from each.
● Your Deck.
● The top of your opponent’s Deck.
● Your opponent’s Extra Deck.
You can only use this effect of "Trishula, the Ice Prison Dragon" once per turn.

SUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPER POLY

Hm, this is a strange one, the best strength seems to be a 2700 monster for 3 monsters, that can be worthwhile in a pinch, which acts like a Link Monster without the other bonuses with that. It's odd that it restricts itself to Dragon for that effect though, especially when Ice Barrier aren't even Dragon focuses, so it's not even for them in any way. Regardless, the effect isn't amazing by any means, banishing from the opponent's Extra Deck is a nice thing, banishing from your own could have a few uses, but it being restricted to Dragon, the Decks that could really use this are not in their prime anymore, so yeah, if you have some space for it in your Dragon Deck, it isn't the worst pinch card.

Sadly trash, I expected so much more.

If only it would work without dragons, in that case it would at the very least help metaphys.

As it is the summon is expensive and the monster does next to nothing.

The Extra Deck banishing part is pointless, unless this gets turbo'd, in which case it does too little to be worth the effort.

The other 2 parts are downright silly.

I'm thinking this is a lowkey hint by Konami at bringing back Dragon-Rulers. 

Think about it; what other Dragons would benefit from being banished, happen to have ease of Summoning conditions (both by themselves and with Return of the Dragon Lords) and would not be too far powercreeped, especially with the rise of Links?

Mostly putting that down for posterity, but otherwise, yeah, this card is confusing as all get out (emphasis on the last two words), and that's my most generous interpretation.

I'm thinking this is a lowkey hint by Konami at bringing back Dragon-Rulers.

Think about it; what other Dragons would benefit from being banished, happen to have ease of Summoning conditions (both by themselves and with Return of the Dragon Lords) and would not be too far powercreeped, especially with the rise of Links?

Mostly putting that down for posterity, but otherwise, yeah, this card is confusing as all get out (emphasis on the last two words), and that's my most generous interpretation.

You might be right, without super rejuvenation (and honestly propably even with it) dragon rulers are hardly any problematic anymore.

Though I do not see how they could get this out in any effective way, given that this can neither use future fusion, nor dragon's mirror.

You can be pro and tech Shiranui Spiritmaster so you banish it from your deck to pop a card :v

I guess the most efficient way to play this is by swarming little Dragon critters to turn them into a 2700-ATK beater. Maybe with Hieratics? But then you may as well go for a Link ladder instead, IDK.

You can be pro and tech Shiranui Spiritmaster so you banish it from your deck to pop a card :v

I guess the most efficient way to play this is by swarming little Dragon critters to turn them into a 2700-ATK beater. Maybe with Hieratics? But then you may as well go for a Link ladder instead, IDK.

Giant Rex or Metaphys monsters seem like they'd work better

This one is worth keeping an eye on. It's very generic for a contact Fusion.

It's also Level 9, so it's hard to see this not getting played to go into V.F.D. at some point or another. The Lithosagym effect is also interesting. I like this one. 

you're right, I didn't take that into consideration. 

Perhaps that's the main draw of this card-a generic Contact Fusion monster that happens to do something better if the Dragon Rulers return. 

I may have under-calculated on this card's potential.

OCG players: Super Poly exists

Might want to update the OP then.  That was my first thought too, but the OP saying it can only be Fusion Summoned with monsters you control made me scrap it.

According to the translation that's now up on the Wikia, the "you control" bit is only for its alternative summon method, so Dragon's Mirror/FuFu/Super Poly can also be used to summon this.

3 monsters with different names

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by banishing the above cards you control (in which case you do not use “Polymerization”). If this card is Special Summoned using only monsters whose original Types are Dragon: You can look at the following in sequence and banish 1 card from each.
● Your Deck.
● The top of your opponent’s Deck.
● Your opponent’s Extra Deck.
You can only use this effect of "Trishula, the Ice Prison Dragon" once per turn.

...which is honestly pretty terrifying.  A SS4, non-targeting, non-destruction removal option of up to 3 of your opponent's monsters which then grants you a beater.

Makes the card as a whole a bit better tho.

Might want to update the OP then.  That was my first thought too, but the OP saying it can only be Fusion Summoned with monsters you control made me scrap it.

According to the translation that's now up on the Wikia, the "you control" bit is only for its alternative summon method, so Dragon's Mirror/FuFu/Super Poly can also be used to summon this.

...which is honestly pretty terrifying.  A SS4, non-targeting, non-destruction removal option of up to 3 of your opponent's monsters which then grants you a beater.

Makes the card as a whole a bit better tho.

"このカードは自分の手札・フィールドのモンスターを素材とした融合召喚及び以下の方法でのみEXデッキから特殊召喚できる。"

Is the card text, which makes me think my original translation was right, I'll wait for rulings though 

Archived