[VJUMP] Dark Armed, the Annihilator Dragon

unknown.png?width=600&height=338

Gekimetsuryuu Dark Armed / Dark Armed, the Annihilator Dragon

Dark Dragon / Xyz / Effect

RK7 2800/1000

2+ Level 7 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon "Dark Armed, the Annhilator Dragon" once per turn by using 1 Level 5 or higher DARK Dragon monster you control as Xyz Material if you have exactly 5 DARK monsters in your GY.

(1) You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it, then banish 1 card from your GY, also this card cannot attack for the rest of this turn.

I think they tried way too hard to give this card enough drawbacks so it's not overpowered as the original DAD. The Xyz summoning condition is fine, though the Xyz Evolution (Yeah, it's cute they're trying to invoke the Level Up, but still) slows it down just enough to make it worse.

As the destruction effect, I would think that detaching materials should have been enough, but I think they should have chosen either the banish 1 card from your GY, or it couldn't attack the rest of the turn. Having both restrictions is just ridiculous.

Hey Zoo, you lost your pet dragon!

But really, it is cool that you can just slap this down over a single MD monster, but its conditions basically forcing you into only allowing 1 pop makes it so ridiculously not worth it.  I mean, even if you summon it normally, you'll almost never get more than 3 destructions at once which... I mean, you might as well run the original DAD at that point.

I mean, it feels like they're trying to make these all playable together in one deck but none seem worth the hoops to jump through to do so.

I think they tried way too hard to give this card enough drawbacks so it's not overpowered as the original DAD. The Xyz summoning condition is fine, though the Xyz Evolution (Yeah, it's cute they're trying to invoke the Level Up, but still) slows it down just enough to make it worse.

As the destruction effect, I would think that detaching materials should have been enough, but I think they should have chosen either the banish 1 card from your GY, or it couldn't attack the rest of the turn. Having both restrictions is just ridiculous.

They could have atleast made it quick-play. But Drancia might have sunk that ship

That is some strange Summoning method you have there, I will have to try that out, it's too weird for me not to make a card like that. Also, Xyz Monsters sure like giving you the ability to use more than just 2 monsters these days, I guess that'll just be the norm now, huh? So, a new Rank 7, it's generic, it destroys. Well, we already have something like that for Rank 7, so that's not its purpose. It works for Level 5 or higher DARK Dragon Decks. Ok, so that is kind of really limited, but sure, Rokket do have access to that, I guess that is something current, and a few legacy Decks may want that as well. Oh, it has a weird restriction on battling as well. Don't you think me getting 5 DARKs into the GY is enough for you? Destroying a single card will not break anything, you are an Xyz Monster, you are already forced to use a bunch of monsters to get Link Monsters on the field first, and now you want me to not attack with you? Nah man, this card is wack.

Time for me to play devil's advocate (well, not so much) here: this card is AMAZING...for Red-Eyes

(extreme Kevin Hart voice) LET ME EXPLAIN WHY 

Red-Eyes is a Deck, by virtue of its main playmaker R-E Fusion, to be light in the monster scale but heavy in the Spell/Trap backrow and a bevy of defensive/supportive monsters (Black Metal, Red-Eyes Baby Dragon) THIS? is a late-game pusher for them. Rank 7, so their...let's face it, Return of the Red-Eyes lays track for this card's arrival in disgusting fashion....and this effect's position of the wording is very important.

Specifically Dark Armed requires 3 DARK monsters in the GY and this in the hand (AS A LIMITED CARD) to come forth, and specifically banishes DARK monsters from the Graveyard to work. This comes out on any Level 5 or higher DARK Dragon, which Red-Eyes are swimming in, and banishes 1 CARD from the GY after knocking off a card from the field, so it can keep your GY safe. It not attacking that turn is...less debilitating than it looks thanks to Links to say the least.  

And there's an unknown element to this card's ease of summon that makes it leagues better than it looks alone and on paper. I give you....

[spoiler=Here it is folks.]zirdras__the_magicrystal_dragon_by_alanm

Level 6 (so it can be used with R-E Fusion to Summon Meteor Black Comet Dragon) DARK (Allure of Darkness) Dragon that can Summon itself from hand or GY and reload backrow, even from Cosmic Cyclone. This is what you primarily want to go into Dark Armed with to reload its effect since it won't banish itself when detached and you need no other cards to make it. Setting up the GY for this Summon is hellaciously easy, considering Red-Eyes mill every other activated in-archetype card they play. 

Yeah, far more useful than it looks in retrospect, this Annihilator Dragon. 

P.S. no-material having DARK Xyz Monster? sounds like a job for Rank-Up Magic Phantom Knights Launch....

Archived