Mask of Reciprocity (Tailored (for) the Tribute-Terrified Troupe)

now its time to play "who wants to guess what Mask card this card's gonna be used to cheat out"

mask_of_reciprocity_by_bdsceptyr-dccdi5l

[spoiler=Mask of Reciprocity: Info]

Quick-Play Spell Card

Lore: Add 1 Fiend non-Effect Monster and/or 1 "Mask" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand, then you can activate 1 "Mask" Spell/Trap from your hand, except "Mask of Reciprocity", and if you do, each time the effect of a card in the same column as that activated Spell/Trap resolves this turn, inflict 500 damage to your opponent and you gain 500 LP. You can only activate 1 "Mask of Reciprocity" per turn.

So yeah, this gets Ancient Tiki Elder, Melchid, AND THE MASKED BEAST as well. But yeah, on the "Mask" end, go ahead and pretend you're getting anything but Restrict with it. True Dracos beware.

Really though, adding up a non-Effect Fiend crosses a lot of barriers and I'm interested in seeing how it could be abused. Maybe in vanilla Ritual builds? Also this could possibly get in some terrible abuse with the Link limitation since it applies to every card in that card's column that is activated. Links and all. 

I'll have to see it for myself to see the OTK potential, but it may be in the same vein as Amaryllis's OTK. At least Ash Blossom can counter this hard. And most of the other Mask cards are...LackLuster Soldier, if you know what I mean. 

Till next time folks, reviews, revelry, you know the drill. 

BD'S, signing off.

UPDATE I: so yeah, the discard's off and the rest of the effect's sleeker, so have at thee again with the reviews and revelry on this card fellas. Thanks to Dova for making this card a better one, btw.

Does it really need the Spell/Trap discard? Unless I'm missing a crazy play, you can take the cost out IMO.

I was about to ask why not activate the Mask directly from the Deck, but then I realized you could grab a monster instead and activate a Mask you already have in hand. That's a bit clever.

As for exploiting the ability to grab any non-Effect Fiend, I guess it would shine with more Normal Pendulum Fiends around?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived