[CP18] Emergency Cyber

DcqRkOsVQAIUeSE.jpg

Emergency Cyber
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.
(1): Add, from your Deck to your hand, either 1 “Cyber Dragon” monster or 1 LIGHT Machine monster that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.
(2): If this card is sent to the GY because your opponent’s card negated this card’s activation: You can discard 1 card from your hand; add this card from the GY to your hand.

This is so close to outclassing Cyber Repair Plant, but rather that outclassing it, it assist with making it live.

Also, isn't this the first effect that triggers when the card is negated? Good to have this as precedence for card-making purposes. Will this become the next step of powercreep, kind of how Traps are evolving into actual hand Traps?

This is so close to outclassing Cyber Repair Plant, but rather that outclassing it, it assist with making it live.

Also, isn't this the first effect that triggers when the card is negated? Good to have this as precedence for card-making purposes. Will this become the next step of powercreep, kind of how Traps are evolving into actual hand Traps?

I can't think of any other, though that does sound like it could be a neat idea for an Archetype.

It still has a discard cost, so it's not like it's a free return or anything.

I don't know if you guys realize this, but this searches ANY LIGHT MACHINE THAT CAN BE NORMAL SUMMONED OR SET. 

so, what can you search? 

oh you know

A-Assault Core

B-Buster Drake

C-Crush Wyvern 

Gold Gadget 

Silver Gadget 

Galaxy Soldier ( it can be normal summoned ) 

Jizukiru the Star Destroying Kaiju ( it can be normal summoned ) 

If it gets negated, you can discard to add it back to your hand, and if you discard an ABC piece while you have union hangar in the hand, your opponent negating it guarantees you an ABC dragon buster, but if they don't negate it you get a free search, which can search a kaiju to get rid of their monster. A hard once per turn hardly matters when you can search practically everything in your deck, I'm running three of it when it comes out for sure. 

I don't know if you guys realize this, but this searches ANY LIGHT MACHINE THAT CAN BE NORMAL SUMMONED OR SET. 

so, what can you search? 

oh you know

A-Assault Core

B-Buster Drake

C-Crush Wyvern 

Gold Gadget 

Silver Gadget 

If it gets negated, you can discard to add it back to your hand, and if you discard an ABC piece while you have union hangar in the hand, your opponent negating it guarantees you an ABC dragon buster, but if they don't negate it you get a free search, which can search a kaiju to get rid of their monster. A hard once per turn hardly matters when you can search practically everything in your deck, I'm running three of it when it comes out for sure. 

(1): Add, from your Deck to your hand, either 1 “Cyber Dragon” monster or 1 LIGHT Machine monster that CANNOT be Normal Summoned/Set.

Emergency Cyber

Normal Spell Card

You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.

(1): Add, from your Deck to your hand, either 1 “Cyber Dragon” monster or 1 LIGHT Machine monster that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.

(2): If this card is sent to the GY because your opponent’s card negated this card’s activation: You can discard 1 card from your hand; add this card from the GY to your hand.

*sighs disappointedly* 

I actually read it as CAN be normal summoned, probably makes more sense if it says can't then can

I was really looking forward to it, feels so bad. 

so, what can you search? 

oh you know

A-Assault Core

B-Buster Drake

C-Crush Wyvern 

Gold Gadget 

Silver Gadget 

I thought so as well, I was confused why they didn't just say LIGHT Machine, since that's what all Cyber Dragon monsters are to my knowledge, but then I read that it said CANNOT, which makes more sense with Eltanin being a Cyber, not Cyber Dragon.

Looking at the wikia for Light Machines that cannot be normal summoned in the main deck, you get this list of cards 

1. Cyber Barrier Dragon 

2. Cyber Eltanin 

3. Cyber Laser Dragon 

4. D.D. Jet Iron 

5. Gradius' Option 

6. Meklord Astro Mekanikle 

7. Super Ant-Kaiju War Machine Mecha Dogoran ( can't be summoned to your opponent's field from your hand ) 

These do seem interesting, eltanin seemingly being the best one. I'm not sure about the viability of the other ones though 

Darkrai, on 08 May 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:snapback.png

(1): Add, from your Deck to your hand, either 1 “Cyber Dragon” monster or 1 LIGHT Machine monster that CANNOT be Normal Summoned/Set.

Yeah, Eltanin looks the safest bet from here, but I checked up on the stuff this can add up (sides Cyber Dragon, of course) like HoC did, and its so lulzy. 

Meklord Astro Mekanikle

D.D. Jet Iron

Cyber Eltanin

Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran

Cyber Laser Dragon

Cyber Barrier Dragon

Gradius' Option (superlol)

So yeah, this is going towards Eltanin, but I'm tickled at how Gradius' Option could possibly be an engine with this-specially considering Gradius is a Level 4 Normal Monster (Unexpected Dai anyone?) And yeah, countering negation seems the new route for balancing out cards, I'd think-especially with all these 'discard to draw' cards being forced into retirement homes thanks to Handtrap McFivehead.

It can get literally any cyber dragon monster. Not sure why people are complaining 

Hold on, so "that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set" is only applied to LIGHT Machines? If that's the case then this card is actually neat.

Now if only Inspector Boarder was also on the list </3

Archived