Disney/Pixar Animated Movie Tournament

Nathanael D. Striker

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking through a list of past Disney and Pixar movies brings back memories.

• The Fox and the Hound
  • The Great Mouse Detective
  • A Goofy Movie
  • Brother Bear
  • Moana

There are a lot of honorable mentions though, such as Peter Pan, The Aristocats, The Rescuers, The Black Cauldron, Oliver & Company, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Mulan, Tarzan, The Tigger Movie, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Lilo & Stitch, Treasure Planet, Up, The Princess and the Frog, Brave, and Zootopia. Some of which I didn't include because they were already nominated, others just aren't as special to me, but still are. Man, I love Disney and Pixar.

And of course, I love all the Studio Ghibli films, but it doesn't feel quite right to me to nominate any of them in a Disney/Pixar tournament. Also I am really sad that I cannot nominate Anastasia or An American Tail, or any of the live-action Disney films that have proved timeless.

Well, May 15th has come and gone. We have 22 movies that gathered 2 nominations. For a full 32 bracket (because I'd really love a balanced bracket with no byes), I decided to randomize the 1 nomination movies and select the top 10 from that randomization.

[spoiler=Randomizer Screenshot]

7aoeuxD.png

Thus, our 32 movies are...

[spoiler=Participating Movies]

1. The Lion King
  2. Toy Story
  3. Aladdin
  4. Zootopia
  5. Moana
  6. Lilo & Stitch
  7. Wreck-It Ralph
  8. Tangled
  9. Treasure Planet
  10. Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  11. Mulan
  12. Fantasia
  13. The Incredibles
  14. The Emperor's New Groove
  15. Hercules
  16. Alice in Wonderland
  17. The Nightmare Before Christmas
  18. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  19. Inside Out
  20. Up
  21. Finding Nemo
  22. A Bug's Life
  23. Donald in Mathmagic Land
  24. Dumbo
  25. Toy Story 2
  26. The Fox and the Hound
  27. Toy Story 3
  28. Frozen
  29. Peter Pan
  30. Oliver & Company
  31. The Great Mouse Detective
  32. Pocahontas

Bracket will be up later today (randomized and conducted through challonge) with threads up later today or tomorrow at the latest. Thank you all for nominating!

The entire Toy Story trilogy made it in. That's going to make the bracket a little awkward, but that might force hard decisions.

There are 3 different Jojo EDs nominated in the ED tournament as well. This'll be an interesting season.

As a tip, Striker, best to add Abstain option when you do multiple Polls in one for those who don't care about either of the second poll. Cause otherwise you get people voting when they don't care about the movies in order to vote for the one they do care for.

Sakura already mentioned this on Discord. My mind went "it's Disney/Pixar, everyone must have a good idea of the movies", so I got ahead of myself. Next round will start a match per thread, so no issue there.

Doing the whole tournament on my own from start to finish, I've come up with my own winners:

Champion: Fantasia

Runner-up: Hunchback of Notre Dam

Round for 3rd: Hercules

Curious to know what everyone else's results were.

Archived