Galaxy Papillon (Butterspys' B.F.F., By Which I mean Busted Format Foister)

okay YOU come up with a better anagram for B.F.F. to describe this mutha then mr. and mrs. expert

galaxy_papillon_by_bdsceptyr-dcb4du5.png

[spoiler=Galaxy Papillon: Info]

LIGHT/Insect-Type Effect Monster/Level 4/1700 ATK/1800 DEF

Lore: (Quick Effect): You can reveal this card from your hand, then target 1 Warrior or Insect monster on the field; it gains 600 ATK, also Special Summon this card from your hand, then if that target is a DARK monster, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 Insect or DARK Warrior monster with 1200 ATK or DEF from your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Galaxy Papillon"  once per turn. While you control a Rank 4 Warrior Xyz Monster(s), this card and those monsters are unaffected by monster effects, except another Xyz Monster's effects, also they cannot be destroyed by battle, except against an Xyz Monster.

Used this picture for an Xyz of Cipher past, but I felt that this Archetype needed more love following the TCG players' rediscovered love of Blue Mountain Butterspy for the Gouknightmare Deck that's been gracing the top tiers...

(also goodness gracious, Goukis and top tier even SOUND weird in the same sentence, let alone in a true statement. May wanna get out in front of that there Konami, second the Dragon Rulers and/or Super Poly come back from the banlist) 

So this card comes out on the presence of a DARK Warrior monster-which most of the Butterspys count as-can Special Summon a DARK Warrior or Insect from the Deck, which include most of the Butterspys, Moonlight Papillon, and...oh wait whats this) and finally appropriates the effect of another monster on the field so long as its LIGHT and has the sole highest Level. Good to possibly counteract against Master Peace, especially on a Special Summon. 

Also, look at how that last effect works, and well, a certain Butterspy-locked Xyz becomes a ton better.

All purpose, all danger, all the time-just like a Butterspy support card should be.  (YES I'M AWARE ITS A GALAXY CARD THANK YOU)

Until next time, folks, reviews, revelry, you know the drill. 

BD'S, signing off.

Archived