Cinderella.png?zoom=1.5&resize=566%2C391

CP18-JP004 シンデレラ Cinderella
Level 4 LIGHT Fairy Effect Monster
ATK 300
DEF 600
You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
(1) If this card is Normal/Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 “Pumpkin Carriage” from your hand or Deck. In addition, if “Golden Castle of Stromberg” is in the Field Zone, you can equip 1 “Glass Slippers” from your Deck to this card.
(2) When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent by a direct attack: You can target 1 “Glass Slippers” equipped to this card and 1 face-up monster on the field; equip that “Glass Slippers” to that second target.

CP18-JP005 カボチャの馬車 Kabocha no Basha (Pumpkin Carriage)
Level 3 EARTH Plant Effect Monster
ATK 0
DEF 300
(1) “Cinderella” you control can attack directly.
(2) “Golden Castle of Stromberg” you control cannot be destroyed by card effects, and cannot be targeted by an opponent’s card effect.

Iron.png?zoom=1.5&resize=566%2C391&ssl=1

CP18-JP006 鉄のハンス Tetsu no Hans (Iron Hans)
Level 4 EARTH Warrior Effect Monster
ATK 1200
DEF 800
You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
(1) If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 “Iron Knight” from your Deck. If “Golden Castle of Stromberg” is not in a Field Zone when this effect resolves, you cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck for the rest of this turn.
(2) If there “Golden Castle of Stromberg” is in the Field Zone, this card gains 1000 ATK for each “Iron Knight” you control.

CP18-JP008 鉄の騎士 Tetsu no Kishi (Iron Knight)
Level 4 EARTH Warrior Effect Monster
LV4 1700/1700
You can only use this card name’s (2) effect once per turn.
(1) If you control “Iron Hans”, this card loses 1000 ATK.
(2) If this card is sent from the field to the GY by a card effect, or if it is destroyed by battle: You can add 1 “Iron Hans” from your Deck to your hand. If “Golden Castle of Stromberg” is in the Field Zone, you can add 1 Warrior monster instead.

High-Level.png?zoom=1.5&resize=566%2C391

CP18-JP008 怪鳥グライフ Kaichou Grife (Glife the Phantom Bird)
Level 4 WIND Winged Beast Effect Monster
ATK 1500
DEF 1500
You can only use the (2)nd effect with this card’s name once per turn.
(1) You can discard this card; add 1 “Golden Castle of Stromberg” from your Deck to your hand.
(2) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 card in your opponent’s Spell & Trap Zone; destroy it.

CP18-JP009 ヘクサ・トゥルーデ Hexe Trude
Level 8 DARK Spellcaster Effect Monster
ATK 2600
DEF 2100
(1) While “Golden Castle of Stromberg” is in the Field Zone, this card can be Normal Summoned (but not Normal Set) without Tributing.
(2) Once per turn, if “Golden Castle of Stromberg” is in the Field Zone: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it, and if you do, this card can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase this turn.
(3) When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: You can target 1 face-up monster you control; that monster gains 400 ATK.

I don't even see any Fairytail monsters...

I love these cards though. Don't really remember how the anime cards worked, but I like how the printed versions play.

Wonder if I can make a proper Warrior Deck with Iron Hans + Iron Knight + Golden Castle engine. Sucks the Field Spell disables NS though.

I got not clue where on earth these cards came from, never heard anyone talking about them, no clue who used them, if it's a main character or some random guy, but regardless, I am pleased to say that overall, they aren't actually terrible. All their effects seem odd, but play well into their playstyle, they don't need to use the Extra Deck at all really, but they have enough Special Summon capabilities to do so, making either some Rank 4 Warriors or Isolde. It's so fun to see a Deck that can allows Level 4 and lower to attack like this, Glass Slippers is a wonderful combination too, first attacking directly, then lowering an opponent' s monster's ATK, the thematic use of the fairy tale elements in this are wonderful, and they have two other options for dealing damage, with a boss monster as well, so you never have to worry about losing out to too powerful monsters either.

I got not clue where on earth these cards came from, never heard anyone talking about them, no clue who used them, if it's a main character or some random guy, but regardless, I am pleased to say that overall, they aren't actually terrible. All their effects seem odd, but play well into their playstyle, they don't need to use the Extra Deck at all really, but they have enough Special Summon capabilities to do so, making either some Rank 4 Warriors or Isolde. It's so fun to see a Deck that can allows Level 4 and lower to attack like this, Glass Slippers is a wonderful combination too, first attacking directly, then lowering an opponent' s monster's ATK, the thematic use of the fairy tale elements in this are wonderful, and they have two other options for dealing damage, with a boss monster as well, so you never have to worry about losing out to too powerful monsters either.

They appear in DM, and they all used by Leon Von Schroeder

So if one controls Pumpkin Carriage, does one have to pay the cost for Golden Castle of Stromberg ?

I would assume it does not work on costs, though I would like to be surprised.

Beyond that these cards are all surprisingly solid.

Iron Hans for Isolde, Pumpkin for protection, the Bird for field spell access and Trude for an easily accessible Boss monster.

They appear in DM, and they all used by Leon Von Schroeder

I see, never watched the later DM seasons, so I wouldn't know him. It's nice that they are actually releasing these cards, we may even see things from ZEXAL still waiting for the Mosquito monsters, oh and the Cat cards too!

Thread title is misleading

So if one controls Pumpkin Carriage, does one have to pay the cost for Golden Castle of Stromberg ?
I would assume it does not work on costs, though I would like to be surprised.
Beyond that these cards are all surprisingly solid.
Iron Hans for Isolde, Pumpkin for protection, the Bird for field spell access and Trude for an easily accessible Boss monster.

From the current wording, looks like it won't protect from Stromberg's self-destruction, since it's destruction from a maintenance cost, not a proper effect.

I agree, this set looks actually good. I find amusing the route they took on the design of these as an pseudo-archetype, in that they are all tied by "Castle of Stromberg" in their card text" effects, rather than the more usual archetype name-keyword. Then again, Dark Magician support is also like this.

Not as exciting as an ftk, but something pretty cute I thought up:

Summon MXSaber Invoker however the hell you want

Use it to summon Hans (with castle out, obviously)

Hans summons Iron Knight

Invoker+Hans+Knight=Summon Sorceress

Castle summon Cinderella, who summon carriage

Summon Sorceress pointing at carriage summons spore

Carriage+spore=needlefiber

Do stupid needlefiber stuff

Banish carriage, summon spore as level 3

Spore+Cinderella=Omega

I could go on way further, but this is just a little thing I thought up. Replacing spore with GUB allows you to go into accel synchron, which opens up further bullshit.

Just a ton of value to fuel tons of plays and plus super hard.

Not as exciting as an ftk, but something pretty cute I thought up:

Summon MXSaber Invoker however the hell you want

Use it to summon Hans (with castle out, obviously)

Hans summons Iron Knight

Invoker+Hans+Knight=Summon Sorceress

Castle summon Cinderella, who summon carriage

Summon Sorceress pointing at carriage summons spore

Carriage+spore=needlefiber

Do stupid needlefiber stuff

Banish carriage, summon spore as level 3

Spore+Cinderella=Omega

I could go on way further, but this is just a little thing I thought up. Replacing spore with GUB allows you to go into accel synchron, which opens up further bullshit.

Just a ton of value to fuel tons of plays and plus super hard.

Ignoring how to get out M-X without using your NS seems like a bit of an oversight though...  Just with that assumption, if you can get out 2 level 3s without your NS, you could probably be doing other powerful plays outside using these cards.

Something I did think of when looking at Hex Trud's effect is that you can use it to destroy your own castle for its double attack so you can avoid the maintenance cost of the Castle while having this buff itself up with it destroying things.

The only thing I will say is that we need a way of getting the Field Spell back to your hand to reuse again but theirs also Pseudo Space which can treat itself as the castle for one turn by banishing a copy of the castle in your grave their for allowing you to dodge the cost for the Castle.

Something I did think of when looking at Hex Trud's effect is that you can use it to destroy your own castle for its double attack so you can avoid the maintenance cost of the Castle while having this buff itself up with it destroying things.

The only thing I will say is that we need a way of getting the Field Spell back to your hand to reuse again but theirs also Pseudo Space which can treat itself as the castle for one turn by banishing a copy of the castle in your grave their for allowing you to dodge the cost for the Castle.

The cost is optional, if you do not want to pay it just don't.

Completely wasting removal is just a terrible idea.

Beyond that you do have the bird as a 3-off searcher, can run 3x terraforming (in the tcg, otherwise 1x), have 3x Golden Castle and up to 3 pseudo-spaces.

That should suffice.

hmm, if that's the case, looks like Necroface is a keycard for this deck, I think?

while i adore the idea of Necroface to keep this card around past 1st turn in pure built at the end this is more useful as 1 card engine-bananas to be pop by AFD for some extra plusing with other field, Practical and good though less romantic. Darkrai Example in Stormberg thread already encompass it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hWko3rrFFW4

Archived