Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Yu-Gi-Oh! Skies [OOC/Started/Not Accepting/R-16]

- - - - - A Zai RP Yu-Gi-Oh! Slice of life drama action animeesque

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Advanced Members
  • 447 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 08:44 PM

Don't Call it a Heel Turn

Insanity.

The Frost King

The Frost King

Ice Ice Baby

• Giver of Puppies
  • 569 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 09:31 PM
I haven't actually played Yugioh in months, but I am interested in this RP. It may take me a while to finish my app, as I'll be looking for an archetype to fit my character and making sure that everything is nice and neat.

Late. . .again

EDIT: My app is done.

a0d6bb6e04b766444950827cbddb5d72.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Moderators
  • 10,764 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:58 AM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

I might be overthinking it but the Duel Space thing...something feels off. I suppose it's that I'm unsure how it'll play out in writing as opposed to animation. Not how to do it but...if it'd flow alright.

Still a bit iffy since it feels like certain monsters are at a disadvantage and it's difficult to wrap my head around this idea of the player moving out of the way especially as I haven't seen Zexal.

I think my main concern is that it could possibly take away from a duel rather than make it more interesting. It could go from anywhere to being superfluous to being actually detrimental.

Also do you have any like...ballpark idea for how many characters you want in this?

I want to be a part of this (or try to as it's not a guarantee the app would make it in) just want to be sure what I'm getting into first.

8PBUpdp.gif

Kill Son Goku

Kill Son Goku

Son Goku Detected!

• Elite Members
  • 1,624 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Saiku

I might be overthinking it but the Duel Space thing...something feels off. I suppose it's that I'm unsure how it'll play out in writing as opposed to animation. Not how to do it but...if it'd flow alright.

Still a bit iffy since it feels like certain monsters are at a disadvantage and it's difficult to wrap my head around this idea of the player moving out of the way especially as I haven't seen Zexal.

Think of it as a timer. You have a set amount of time to activate a counter, say a spell or monster effect, and 'moving' gives you a bit more time to activate said counter. I'm not sure what you mean about monsters being at a disadvantage.

I think my main concern is that it could possibly take away from a duel rather than make it more interesting. It could go from anywhere to being superfluous to being actually detrimental.

What do you mean by detrimental? As far as I understand it, you're unsure of something like this...

"As the Blue-Eyes fired its signature attack, Red-Eyes opened its mouth, firing a beam in a desperate attempt to fight back. The white lightning and red flames clashed, at a stalemate at first, but the lightning slowly overtook the fire, engulfing the red-eyed dragon and causing its owner's lifepoints to drop by 600 lifepoints,"

Which I think is more fun to read than...

"Chazz attacked Red-Eyes with his Blue-Eyes, causing Yuma to lose 600 lifepoints," 

And doesn't cause many issues... Am I misunderstanding?

Posted Image

Hakima

Hakima

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 253 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 05:16 PM

Where do you go from the top?

I've avoided making an app for every YGO RP I've seen on this site cause they always get so many people so fast. Figured I'd ignore that and at least make one for once.

Accurate Mental Image
Danger Is My Middle Name

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,609 posts
    Last Visit May 25 2018 01:15 PM
  • Discord:Zai#7925
  • Alias:Zai
  • Spouse:Kate
We have a much higher turnout than I expected, so in order to keep the rp from getting overcrowded, I’m going to start vetting apps. Haven’t decided on a number yet, but its very likely that not every character will get in at this rate.
Posted Image

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,609 posts
OP has been updated with 2 more accepted characters. Total number I’m looking for at the beginning will be around 14, so depending on my hosting team’s opinions there will likely be 6 or 7 more accepted characters.

I’m planning on having the IC up this weekend, assuming we remain on schedule. Try and finish your apps asap if you haven’t!
Posted Image

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,609 posts

Accepted Apps have been posted! with big fancy links included.

It was actually really hard to choose between characters, I even caved and gave myself an extra slot because I couldn't quite choose between a few. If you didn't make it in, fear not! Apps will open again in the future, and anyone who's app was not accepted is welcome to remain in the discord server if they feel so inclined.

Now, on to the next thing! Expect the IC some time in the next day or so, depending on my free time.

Posted Image

The Warden

The Warden

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be~

• Moderators
  • 17,027 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:50 PM
  • Alias:Broken

Just putting this here for personal reference, and so others can see it.

The cast's Arcana as told by Alison

the_warden_by_uxiesweetie-d9fsncn.png

Hell? Oh no, you flatter me! This is merely SuperYCM! I am The Warden.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users