Sphere Field ( Anime )

This was a really cool card that appeared in zexal. I was reminded of it when I saw that Glorious Numbers was getting printed. 

Sphere Field 

Spell - Field 

Players can Special Summon a random "Number" monster from their Extra Deck by using 2 monsters with the same Level from their hand as Xyz Materials (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. ) If a monster Summoned by this effect has No Xyz Materials, destroy it. 

This was a really powerful playmaker in the 3 episodes it appeared. If it were made in real life I would imagine it would have a wording similar to that of Number 78. 

Would this be competitively viable? There are quite a few number cards that are good, and a lot of staple ones ( numbers 41 and 39 into S39 come to mind ). I think it would be a pretty neat print

This should be pretty viable for bringing out stuff like Hope Harbinger using low level monsters. The fact both players can use it is a bit of a drawback though, as I imagine people would counter it by teching in a certain number like Utopia the Lightning to break whatever it's used to summon though. 

Numbers Evaille should also be competitive, especially in conjunction with cards like Utopia Kaiser and Numeron Dragon which already see success in decks like SPYRALs. 

This card is totally bonkers.
It basically allows Rank 4 spam or any Deck with the ability to consistency churn out monsters of the same Level to be able to get out any of a plethora of powerful Numbers, especially since there isn't a limit on whether they are their evolved versions, or even the actual summoning requirements.

You can get out C9: Chaos Dyson Sphere, and run over your opponent's monsters with a 3600 ATK body that adds anything it battles to itself as Xyz Material.

You can Summon Number 99: Utopic Dragon, and negate your opponent's monster effects that try to affect your 4000 ATK beater.
If you like 4000 ATK beaters with protection, there's also Number 77: The Seven Sins, who can even wipe out your opponent's Numbers.

Going up in size, there's C107, who can detach to just negate EVERYTHING, and has a 4500 ATK body to boot.

Hell, you can even use only 2 monsters to bring forth Number F0: Utopic Future, the OG Borreload. He normally needs 2 XYZ MONSTERS to be properly Summoned.

More absurd is Number S0: Utopic ZEXAL. For the low price of 1 Xyz Material, make it so your opponent just can't do anything for a turn.

There are so many possibilities, and by loading your Extra Deck with 3 copies of each, you reduce the chances of getting one you don't want.

Oh right, Utopic ZEXAL would have to be banned first (which it should be anyway for being an absurd blanket Shock Master wherever it's relevant.) That it's as relevant as ever right now and competes as a win condition with perhaps the most consistent FTK build the TCG has ever seen doesn't help matters either. 

Other than that I wouldn't mind seeing the game with this card given that both players have equal access to its effect and it's something you can prepare your extra deck for. 

Archived