pokemon-yugioh crossover

sup3rsch31r3

Hello everyone, i posted on this forum a couple of years ago with an idea to make a crossover with all the gen 1 pokemon. When i posted my idea at first i didn't had many cards, so you couldn't rly see any combo's yet. Right now i have some functioning combo's and archtypes ready, you can also see the way the cards are designed. Gen 1 will limit to anything except pendulum and links and will be balanced for the old format, without the extra deck zones.

Feel free to comment and give feedback as much as you want, but even if you don't have any feedback hearing that you enjoy the idea would mean a lot.

If gen 1 would be finished someday and you guys rly like it i would work further on gen 2 (and pokemon worth it from later gens). Those pokemon would add in pendulums and link summons and would be balanced around the new format, therefore also assisting existing combo's from gen 1 if they would fail to function in the new format without assisting cards.

https://imgur.com/a/Y5s0w

I hope to hear from you guys, even if it's a comment of only one sentence :)

PREVIEW

[spoiler=everything]

j5CjW4g.jpg

PxbVa8k.jpg

GtEV1qg.jpg

QAsHn2O.jpg

K4oB4Pk.jpg

wb9Z0bN.jpg

ihkz9Ds.jpg

wj3CE6h.png

CamY8Ry.png

mHfqgp7.jpg

117yx4z.jpg

wwITmY2.png

4cWB8oC.jpg

OEQGcev.jpg

L7NgCv5.jpg

0KloSjw.jpg

fTvQBCR.png

hmVfGrH.jpg

eFRvVnY.png

3yAlJeo.jpg

8tLrjwN.jpg

ZRQNZ1I.jpg

4IeZ5Uj.jpg

xUamxts.jpg

aMhZGFc.jpg

Wdrzils.jpg

wCTDz9c.jpg

UdMnZQg.jpg

h6xA9x5.jpg

mmNdF2l.jpg

l4QcBgN.jpg

hYtFTYE.jpg

fmcm85J.jpg

ma6wTUO.jpg

X9vzYaz.jpg

zCWpPNV.jpg

Ml8oYnH.jpg

xq4SEKW.jpg

EFepfe2.jpg

OdHgCgO.jpg

HO8s0B3.jpg

PgD7eY9.jpg

OIfCa23.jpg

4jTyasU.jpg

PP1zb6n.jpg

fgtB8hZ.jpg

rCj1tVB.jpg

SLKvEHQ.jpg

SEhz2pq.jpg

3ISXxnB.png

ssvEckU.png

YxGhhRL.jpg

mC52Ibw.jpg

JExAEbM.jpg

GqtLSl4.jpg

MMeaVys.jpg

pbIur9b.jpg

0hg1K5f.jpg

rJnIBo8.jpg

chBGZ0G.jpg

q0o7hvw.jpg

1Ar4iuQ.jpg

M45bGDn.jpg

VtmC2iG.jpg

7d6O1wa.jpg

o5wUbxU.jpg

uIkTLZj.jpg

adNP5bl.jpg

ivLHAg0.jpg

qNcVumh.jpg

B6O9rLa.jpg

6OAhAak.jpg

Sh2Lvvd.jpg

hC00tTV.jpg

CDduvEd.jpg

BhYrvV0.jpg

TdGI9hh.jpg

iKpEtdb.jpg

5AJuGF7.jpg

anrHDAX.jpg

Ek3PmGa.jpg

EEvbkM7.jpg

Qs7biMs.jpg

PUosW52.jpg

jMFxaC6.jpg

fjq1Zmh.jpg

rqsspdb.jpg

gO5o6Ew.jpg

HfEeZZ3.jpg

1BEd8r7.jpg

9ALfaNv.jpg

Zjndj0P.jpg

DNP1qfP.jpg

1I1tgqN.jpg

iFkN05o.jpg

Xgle52t.jpg

iEaGJXo.jpg

osBsofG.png

pXoy8at.jpg

TpyZIzQ.png

7rdtngQ.jpg

N1XYu90.jpg

wpBePWP.jpg

xGNo7Lr.png

se6gwqy.jpg

vNWPgVi.jpg

BGnlqJy.jpg

KIpfH1f.jpg

Cy22jd5.jpg

Hello everyone, i posted on this forum a couple of years ago with an idea to make a crossover with all the gen 1 pokemon. When i posted my idea at first i didn't had many cards, so you couldn't rly see any combo's yet. Right now i have some functioning combo's and archtypes ready, you can also see the way the cards are designed. Gen 1 will limit to anything except pendulum and links and will be balanced for the old format, without the extra deck zones.

Feel free to comment and give feedback as much as you want, but even if you don't have any feedback hearing that you enjoy the idea would mean a lot. I quickly lose the drive to work on this idea and just hearing from a couple of you guys that you would like to see it finished would rly mean a lot.

If gen 1 would be finished someday and you guys rly like it i would work further on gen 2 (and pokemon worth it from later gens). Those pokemon would add in pendulums and link summons and would be balanced around the new format, therefore also assisting existing combo's from gen 1 if they would fail to function in the new format without assisting cards.

https://imgur.com/a/Y5s0w

I hope to hear from you guys, even if it's a comment of only one sentence :)

Just a note that you actually need to post the images here, not just link to the Imgur album. You can, but to make it easier on members so they don't have to jump back/forth between tabs, yeah. 

To post images (at least from the gallery, since you've already uploaded them), click "get share links" and choose the one with the IMG tags already around the URL. Do this for each card you have made.

(Or you can provide the written form, which would just require you to copy/paste the name, effect, stats and so forth. Up to you)

To everyone one of you that's reading this and has an account i have a question, would you play with these cards and make a pokemon deck? If you don't then why do you dislike it and if you do what cards are your favorite, what cards do you think are too OP or too UP?

The only real thing that bugs me (get it?) is that the Pokemon essentially have no synergy with the game they're being converted to. It's like throwing a basketball player on a football field and telling him to keep playing basketball. Yes, the cards are good but I'm just saying it would be cool to see something like Bulbasaur be able to be worked into a Plant deck or Charizard being worked into a Pyro deck. Ideally, make them function as part of the game so they can gain boosts from cards that target their type.

Making archtypes within an archtype is delicate and although my choice of making them all a pokemon-type is both very helpfull but also limits a portion of seperatition i can do between them. Right now gen 1 will have some clear archtypes (like the bugs, metal coating, the god birds, eeveeolution [coming soon], etc.) and some cards will support these existing archtypes or will just be helpfull support for all pokemon in general.

However charizard will fit in more of a pyro deck and blastoise in more of a water deck. Right now FIRE pokemon are all about synchro's and they also play well around sunny day. WATER pokemon will be more about rain dance and xyz's. Bulbasaur and Venasaur's niche aren't rly linked to a type (all pokemon-type and i can't just make them do stuff with EARTH, it's to wide of a scope) so i made them have revival and recycle effects around xyz, like a plant using fertilizer to grow or being the fertilizer for others to grow.

I imagine that the biggest thing that people will bug is that not all pokemon need their previous evolutions and sometimes there seems no clear link, but i make sure that either thematicly or straight up for summoning the stronger ones a link will always be present in one way or another. i don't want them all to share the same mechanic as that is just plain boring in my eyes, so i experiment.

Both FIRE and WATER still need more pokemon to make the mono-decks possible, but making them in a way that they fit is not as easy as it sounds (you don't wanna know how many iterations some pokemon have gone through) and i just recently did a playtest against a friend where i used a full poke deck and he mixed, making me realise even more about the balancing.

If you see a lack in combo's between a certain type, feel free to suggest certain effects or functions for non designed cards thus far or give feedback against specific cards. The more specific you go the more it can help. :)

Ah yes, since i'm making so many pokemon cards and i can't be bothered with balancing them around all existing archtypes so i make them stand alone, even after gen 1 there are enough pokemons to choose from so that i can make enough variations possible without too much mixing. They are not designed as support for things like volcanic or fire kings for FIRE types or aroma's for the grass, stand alone with mainly synergy among themselves.

I understand completely. I'm revising mechanics, rulings and the cards. I thought a little on the advice I gave you and realized that my Pokemon set wasn't much different. I have completely scrapped entire sets because I didn't like how they played mechanically even though the cards were amazing and the decks ran like well oiled machines. I'm currently in the revision process and thinking about how to make the cards run how I want them to.

Archived