[Written] Vehicroids Reworked

Ninjask Is Bae

So I nicked the idea to simply rework already existing cards from HeavenlyHumanist. I reworked these cards in the way so that they keep their original “feel” but actually work together a bit, which if you didn't know, the original Vehicroids don't do. While designing these I thought to myself, “What would they do if they were released today?”. Also I gave them a little bit of a theme in them adding monsters from your GY to your hand. However, they have no GY set-up, so they’re a bit inconsistent in that respect.

[spoiler=Slight Changes]

Decoyroid

WIND/level 3/Machine/Effect

While this card is face-up on the field, your opponent cannot target other “Roid” monsters for attacks.

300 ATK/500 DEF

Like this it can create an attack lock if you control 2. But this deck lacks easy ways to get this card on the board that wouldn’t just do something better, so it’s still bad.

Ambulanceroid

EARTH/level 3/Machine/Effect

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: you can send 1 “Roid” monster from your deck to your GY. If a “Roid” monster is added from your GY to your hand: you can special summon that monster.

300 ATK/1900 DEF

I added a Foolish effect for GY set up and I gave 1 card an actual GY effect. This card is also indirectly buffed because I gave more cards in the archetype GY to hand effects.

Rescueroid

FIRE/level 4/Machine/Effect

If a “Roid” monster you control is sent from the field to the GY: you can return that monster to your hand.

1600 ATK/1800 DEF

Made it 2 levels lower so it can be normalled. Not very good though because they can simply out this one first and then the rest.

Ambulance Rescueroid

FIRE/level 6/Machine/Fusion/Effect

Ambulanceroid + Rescueroid

If a “Roid” monster leaves the field: you can special summon that monster, from the place it was sent to, or a monster with the same name, from your deck.

2300 ATK/1800 DEF

I just made it not OPT, and it doesn’t prevent your grave from setting up now.

Expressroid

EARTH/level 4/Machine/Effect

If this card is summoned: you can add 2 machine-type “Roid” monsters from your GY to your hand. If this card is detached from a Rank-10 Xyz Monster and sent to the Graveyard to activate that monster's effect: You can Special Summon 1 “Roid” monster from your hand. While this card is face-up on the field, its ATK and DEF are switched.

2200 ATK/400 DEF

Might be a bit OP with the changed archetype, please tell me if you see some over the top insane combos. Also I made it work with the RANK 10 trains. GET IT? BECAUSE IT’S A TRAIN!!!

Submarineroid

WATER/level 4/Machine/Effect

This card can attack your opponent directly. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card attacked or was attacked: you can change this card to Defense Position, and if you do, you can Special Summon 1 Machine-type “Roid” monster from your hand.

800 ATK/1800 DEF

Dante for roids. Specials from hand, but only after the BP so not too good.

Jetroid

WIND/level 4/Machine/Effect

During your opponent’s turn: “Roid” Spell/Trap cards can be activated from your hand. During the End-Phase, if this card is in the GY because it was sent there this turn: you can add 1 “Roid” Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand.

"Roids" don't have very good Spell/Traps that are always useful. So this is mainly useful in Fusion heavy builds.

Truckroid

Once per turn: you can equip 1 “Roid” monster, in your hand, to this card. If this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: Equip the destroyed monster to this card. This card gains ATK equal to the combined original ATK of the monsters equipped to it. If this face-up card would be destroyed, you can send 1 card equipped to this card instead. Once per turn, during the End-Phase, if this effect was used this turn: add 1 “Roid” monster from your GY to your hand.

1000 ATK/2000 DEF

This is a pretty good normal summon. The Field Spell makes its original attack 2000 which is pretty good. But most “Roid” monsters have low attack so the equip effect isn’t OP or anything. It’s basically a worse SHARK.

Patroid

Once per turn, if you control another “Roid” monster: you can look at 1 face-down card your opponent controls, and if you do, you can destroy that card.

1200 ATK/1200 DEF

Bad bad, not good. No need to explain.

UFOroid

LIGHT/level 4/Machine/Effect

When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 Machine-type monster with 1500 or less ATK from your deck in face-up Attack Position.

1200 ATK/1200 DEF

I just made its level lower so it’s actually useful and can be set/normal summoned. I mean, not in this deck. It’s way too slow for this deck.

Armoroid

EARTH/level 8/Machine/Effect

You can Special Summon this card, from your hand, by banishing 2 “Roid” monsters, from your hand, face-up on the field or your GY. If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Banish all Spell/Trap cards on the Field.

2700 ATK/2000 DEF

Super Vehicroid Jumbo Drill

EARTH/level 8/Machine/Fusion/Effect

3 Machine-Type “Roid” monsters

If this card attacks a Defense-Position monster: deal piercing battle damage to your opponent. If this card is destroyed by battle or by card effect: You can add 1 “Roid” monster from your GY to your hand. This card gains 100 ATK for each “Roid” monster in your GY.

3000 ATK/2000 DEF

A bit of ATK gaining is never bad. Floating is also nice especially if you control Ambulance. I also made its materials more generic because you don’t run the original fusion requirements.

Super Vehicroid – Stealth Union

EARTH/level 9/Machine/Fusion/Effect

4 Machine-Type “Roid” monsters

If this card attack a Defense-position monster: deal piercing battle damage to your opponent. Once per turn: you can target 1 monster on the field; equip it to this card. If this card would be destroyed, you can send 1 card equipped to this card to the GY instead. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.

3600 ATK/3000 DEF

No unnecessary ATK halving. No way too specific Summoning requirements. Protection. Destruction. You still go minus 4 to summon this card, but at least it does something now.

Supercharge

Quick Play Spell

If a non-WIND “Roid” monster attacks or is attacked: draw 2 cards.

Don’t say its OP if you’re not willing to admit that “Six Samurai United” is just straight up better.

Vehicroid Connection Zone

Normal Spell

Fusion Summon 1 Machine-Type “Roid” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Materials, and if you do, it cannot be destroyed by card effects, and its effects cannot be negated. For the rest or this turn, the Fusion Summon of Machine-Type “Roid” Fusion monsters cannot be negated.

It can summon Pair Cycroid and Barbaroid now.

[spoiler=Completely Reworked]

Gyroid

WIND/level 3/Machine/Effect

(Quick Effect): you can discard this card from your hand; Machine-type “Roid” monsters are unaffected by your opponent’s card effects until the End-Phase. While this card is in your GY, if a Machine-type “Roid” monster you control would be destroyed: you can banish this card from your GY; that monster is not destroyed. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle.

1000 ATK/1000 DEF

Literally the only good effect protection in the archetype. So I guess it might be a little too good but they need it.

Carrierroid

WATER/level 4/Machine/Effect

Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if your opponent activates a card’s effect that would target a “Roid” card you control: you can tribute 1 “Roid” monster you control; negate the effect, and if you do, destroy that card. If this card is destroyed by battle or by card effect: you can add 1 Machine-type “Roid” monster from your GY to your hand, except “Carrierroid”.

1000 ATK/2000 DEF

It floats, WHEN IT SINKS!!! YOU GET IT?!? The negate effect is pretty meh because you’re basically trading 1 “Roid” monster for the other and they’re all about the same power level and it’s kinda specific.

Shuttleroid

WIND/level 4/Machine/Effect

During either player's turn: You can target 1 Machine-type "Roid" monster you control; banish it until your next Standby Phase, and if you do, deal 100 damage to your opponent for each “Roid” monster in your GY. This effect can be used only once while this card is face-up on the field.

1000 ATK/1200 DEF

The original is just a bad Chainbeat cards. So now it is a good Chainbeat card. If this somehow makes Chainbeat OP, please tell me. It’s pretty fun to use in “Roid” but not too amazing. If there is some janky OTK with this card, I’d love to hear that too.

Stealthroid

Effect/level 4/Machine/Effect

If this card is normal summoned: you can destroy Spell/Trap cards on the field up to the number of “Roid” monsters you control. While you control another “Roid’ monster, you can special summon this card, from your hand.

1200 ATK/0 DEF

Uhm. Its Rank 4/Link fodder.

Steamroid

If this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 “Roid” monster from your deck or GY to your hand. If this card is Special Summoned while you control a level 10 EARTH Machine-type monster: You can add 1 “Roid” monster from your deck or GY to your hand. This card loses 500 ATK and DEF while it is face-up on the field.

1800 ATK/1800 DEF

IT’S A TRAIN! And a pretty OK searcher. Also a 1 card Rank 4, which might be bad, is that bad? I can’t think of a deck that would want to run this outside of “Roids” because it does take up your Normal Summon.

Wonder Garage

Normal Trap

Special Summon 1 “Roid” monster from your hand or GY. If this card leaves the field through a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 “Roid” monster from your deck.

Can be popped by your own Armoroid.

[spoiler=No Changes]

Cycroid (because it’s a normal monster)

Pair Cycroid (because it can already cowboy for game at 1600 and has some uses)

Drillroid (because I like it just the way it is, and not everything needs to be super good)

Mixeroid (because it’s already really good)

Super Vehicroid – Mobile Base (it’s not bad)

Megaroid City (it’s already good)

Barbaroid, the Ultimate Battle Machine (awful card, but I couldn’t really add anything that would make it much more fun to play with.)

Emergeroid Call (Really good card)

[spoiler=Decklist Ideas]

[spoiler=Basic Vehicroids]

Monsters

3 Mixeroid

3 Steamroid

3 Stealthroid

3 Truckroid

3 Armoroid

3 Gyroid

3 Shuttleroid

1 Expressroid

3 Instant Fusion

3 Vehicroid Connection Zone

3 Terraforming

3 Megaroid City

3 Supercharge

1 Emergeroid Call

1 Pot of Desires

1 Monster Reborn

A bit cloggy, but pretty good going second. It has a win-con in the fusions and Truckroid. Expressroid makes Fusions less of a minus but bricks first turn. Sometimes it makes rank 8’s and that’s fun. Desires banishes your one offs but that’s worth it most of the time.

[spoiler=Rank 10 Vehicroids]

It was a nice idea. But it doens’t work.

Archived