Yu-Gi-Oh Waifu Cards

bignastyshrek

Question

Greetings, Yu-Gi-Oh card maker forum. I am just coming by as a new member to ask a question. I have a large list of waifus and I was wondering how I would go about making Yu-Gi-Oh cards for each one. I don't exactly understand balance and everything. The waifu list is below. Also, I am a new member and need all the help I can get. I haven't even played much Yu-Gi-Oh. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: This is just about the dumbest post one could make. Sorry.

https://imgur.com/bsVbzLc

14 answers to this question

Assuming you mean posting them, you'll need to save them to your desktop first, then reupload them to Imgur or whatever host you choose.

Once they're uploaded, then get the image URL (you can get this from right-clicking). Or Imgur should provide the code already preformatted for you for copy/pasting onto the site in your post. 

For uploading pics, you'll have to do the same thing (or get the direct URL to the image). At the moment, YCM's internal uploader is broken for registered members. 

So in other words, I just have to send the link.

E2G3P9Q.png

You posted the pic correctly, so now you just have to do it for the other cards you plan on making.

Just make sure you shrink it though because TCGEditor likes rendering them at this size (try 504 x 734).

====

For uploading actual pics to your cards, then yeah, you need image links for the cardmaker. Since you're using TCGEditor, you just have to upload it manually from desktop.

You posted the pic correctly, so now you just have to do it for the other cards you plan on making.

Just make sure you shrink it though because TCGEditor likes rendering them at this size (try 504 x 734).

====

For uploading actual pics to your cards, then yeah, you need image links for the cardmaker. Since you're using TCGEditor, you just have to upload it manually from desktop.

Oh okay. I think I get it now. Thanks for everything.

Now how do I send a picture?

Assuming you mean posting them, you'll need to save them to your desktop first, then reupload them to Imgur or whatever host you choose.

Once they're uploaded, then get the image URL (you can get this from right-clicking). Or Imgur should provide the code already preformatted for you for copy/pasting onto the site in your post. 

For uploading pics, you'll have to do the same thing (or get the direct URL to the image). At the moment, YCM's internal uploader is broken for registered members. 

You could try grouping them in an archetype or something, then have them support each other through this. 

"Archetype" = group of cards that share at least 1 common part of their names, which are then referenced directly in a card effect. 

"series" = group of cards that share a common part of name, artwork, etc, but are not explicitly referenced by name. 

====

So, let's say you made cards called "Waifu - Snow" and "Waifu - Totoro" (using stuff from your waifu list). You'll notice both share the "Waifu" part of their name. Now, if one of the other members or support cards mention this explicitly in their card text, then both of these cards are considered to be in an archetype. 

I see what you're saying. So we have the waifus themselves, and then we can have neckbeards who boost off the waifus!

Thanks, huge help. But another problem I have is "How do I incorporate all these waifus together?" It's not like I combine waifus.

You could try grouping them in an archetype or something, then have them support each other through this. 

"Archetype" = group of cards that share at least 1 common part of their names, which are then referenced directly in a card effect. 

"series" = group of cards that share a common part of name, artwork, etc, but are not explicitly referenced by name. 

====

So, let's say you made cards called "Waifu - Snow" and "Waifu - Totoro" (using stuff from your waifu list). You'll notice both share the "Waifu" part of their name. Now, if one of the other members or support cards mention this explicitly in their card text, then both of these cards are considered to be in an archetype. 

Greetings, Yu-Gi-Oh card maker forum. I am just coming by as a new member to ask a question. I have a large list of waifus and I was wondering how I would go about making Yu-Gi-Oh cards for each one. I don't exactly understand balance and everything. The waifu list is below. Also, I am a new member and need all the help I can get. I haven't even played much Yu-Gi-Oh. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: This is just about the dumbest post one could make. Sorry.

https://imgur.com/bsVbzLc

Same way you'd go about making cards in general. But a good place to start is just set their stats around the average range for monsters of equivalent Level / Rank (which does change a bit given releases). Then, you should base their effects on your character's abilities, traits, etc. 

That being said, you did post this in Free Card design originally, so you literally have free range to do whatever you would like with the cards without getting chewed out. Or in this sense, you shouldn't be worrying about the metagame that usually causes stuff to either get powercreeped or busted. 

(Not that Snow isn't already "busted" by virtue of her own design, since you have her as a waifu in that post. That's Konami's fault; not yours.)

Supposed to be "stats".

I typo'd and didn't correct that until now -_-

Anyway, average range being "what's the usual ATK and DEF for monsters of equivalent Level/Rank/Link Rating (but don't have any negative drawbacks for the most part)". For example, Level 4 monsters usually can hit 1900 ATK without being subjected to summoning restrictions or negative effects (and/or being made into Vanillas). DEF, you can usually go up to around 2200/2300 before negative effects kick in.

Negative effects being "opponent gains LP, can draw a card, monster is restricted in its summoning and must be summoned by a certain method, blows self up if a certain card isn't on the field too, etc."

Level 8s usually cap at around 3000 before restrictions kick in, though stuff like Super Conductor has 3300 ATK and not any notable restrictions. Ultimate Conductor is a SS-only monster, but has 3500/3200 stats and not very hard to summon comparatively.

Granted, these limits are subject to change based on the gamestate and also depend on the effects you give them. Extra Deck / Special Summon-only monsters usually can go slightly higher given the added work needed to get them out material-wise and whatnot.

===

For Links, a rule of thumb that gets used nowadays is that a Link Rating is twice that of a standard monster Level, and the corresponding ATK of a Link Monster can be chosen from that.

Like with everything else, there are exceptions to that rule and monsters may have higher stats than average if the investment required is higher. Konami may not add them on their own, but it does not mean you cannot try to find something that'll work out.

Forgive me for asking again, but what is Link Rating?

Same way you'd go about making cards in general. But a good place to start is just set their sets around the average range for monsters of equivalent Level / Rank (which does change a bit given releases). Then, you should base their effects on your character's abilities, traits, etc. 

That being said, you did post this in Free Card design originally, so you literally have free range to do whatever you would like with the cards without getting chewed out. Or in this sense, you shouldn't be worrying about the metagame that usually causes stuff to either get powercreeped or busted. 

(Not that Snow isn't already "busted" by virtue of her own design, since you have her as a waifu in that post. That's Konami's fault; not yours.)

Thank you for the clarification. Anyway, what do you mean by "Average range"? Or "sets"?

Thank you for the clarification. Anyway, what do you mean by "Average range"? Or "sets"?

Supposed to be "stats".

I typo'd and didn't correct that until now -_-

Anyway, average range being "what's the usual ATK and DEF for monsters of equivalent Level/Rank/Link Rating (but don't have any negative drawbacks for the most part)". For example, Level 4 monsters usually can hit 1900 ATK without being subjected to summoning restrictions or negative effects (and/or being made into Vanillas). DEF, you can usually go up to around 2200/2300 before negative effects kick in.

Negative effects being "opponent gains LP, can draw a card, monster is restricted in its summoning and must be summoned by a certain method, blows self up if a certain card isn't on the field too, etc."

Level 8s usually cap at around 3000 before restrictions kick in, though stuff like Super Conductor has 3300 ATK and not any notable restrictions. Ultimate Conductor is a SS-only monster, but has 3500/3200 stats and not very hard to summon comparatively.

Granted, these limits are subject to change based on the gamestate and also depend on the effects you give them. Extra Deck / Special Summon-only monsters usually can go slightly higher given the added work needed to get them out material-wise and whatnot.

===

For Links, a rule of thumb that gets used nowadays is that a Link Rating is twice that of a standard monster Level, and the corresponding ATK of a Link Monster can be chosen from that.

Like with everything else, there are exceptions to that rule and monsters may have higher stats than average if the investment required is higher. Konami may not add them on their own, but it does not mean you cannot try to find something that'll work out.

Archived