Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[Sakura] Nā moʻolelo o ka moana (Mekk-Marina)

- - - - - sakura standard mr4 links hawaii

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,353 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:01 AM
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

Assuming my limited knowledge of Hawaiian sentence structure and using the dictionary for words, should translate to "The stories of the ocean", which is appropriate, given the theme and all.

Mekk-marinas are a class of WATER Aqua monsters that are themed on aquatic life, such as dolphins, whales, sharks, manta rays, octopuses, etc. Similar to their counterparts in Crawlers, Jack Knights and so forth, they focus on Link Summoning and tie into the "World Legacy" archetype with an honorary member. Their Main Deck is mostly low Levels so you can make a reasonably nice board and are very straightforward in playing in the early game.

Thematically, this is a tribe that comes from a spinoff story of the World Chalices (or one that has not been revealed yet).

https://forum.yugioh...dpost&p=7037905

Notes

Cards

At the moment, think I added everything I needed to for making this functional without the need for external engines (sans the World Legacy backrow wherever applicable).

I'll add some more on (and/or modify things as appropriate) if I find problems during testing on Duel Portal. 

CHANGELOG

- 5/16/2018: Archetype posted. 

In terms of writing names, you can substitute the ʻokina with the apostrophe and leave the kahakō/macron off if you need to. 

Or you can just c/p the names individually; I leave the choice to you because keyboard problems. 

I technically have to switch keyboard settings to Māori for long vowels w/out using online ones, so...

You all know how reviewing my stuff works by now, so...go at it. 

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,725 posts
    Last Visit 23 minutes ago

Funnily enough, the story does reach what appears to be an ocean, as seen in "World Legacy - World Lance".

Aren't these supposed to be mechanical? Why did you go for Aqua over, let's say, Machine?

World Ship is off-theme since World Legacies are based on equipment or gear, with the exception of Chalice but that's because it's implied to be the core.

Flavor aside:

Of course I would need to test these somehow, but at first glance these look actually overpowered xD

The main deck monsters are cookie-cutter, almost like standard Tellarknights, so far so good. But then you have the Links, which not only can stack the gained effects of the maindeck monsters, also they get to float through Link laddering. So, basically we are looking at some kind of hybrid of Tellarknights + Goukis, and if Goukis are about to crash TCG due to Troymares... I guess you can already get an idea of the potential these ones have. Then again, something that holds Goukis back is their reliance on the Normal Summon, and seems the same would go for this archetype, but still, they appear to have crazy Link laddering and combo plays. That, or just directly go for a Link4 stacked with 4 different effects from the maindeck materials. Then they have a couple of power cards in there, namely Manō o Kūhaʻimoana. And Festival. Hold on... the draw effect of Festival is no hard OPT? o.O

Actually, a flaw they have is that the effects of their maindeck monsters can miss timing, so they are not as straightforward or practical as they may look like.

By the way, Spells cannot have the "(Quick Effect)" clause. Quick Effect is a type of monster effect according to the YGO Wikia. You should use good old "During either player's turn" instead.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 40,353 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:01 AM
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

I know your version of the prompt had them as Machine, but I used the one I came up with to advance the game along (which, yeah, are Aqua monsters). Kihawahine is an exception to that though, being Reptile. Aesthetically, they probably should've been Machine, given the name, but that was probably before Krawlers retained their OCG name and Jack-Knights got changed. 

As for Ship, yeah, it is out of flavor in terms of the armor thing that the Legacies have. Would've liked to use a Spear or something, but that was taken by Troymare's one. Would need to think of what armor or equipment piece that would work and also thematically fit into the archetype having a Hawai'i theme. 

===

With Festival, I think I left it off on the impression that they wouldn't be spamming too much (or the "only control 1" thing would've cut it). Should test that out on DP's solitaire mode now that it exists and see how spammy they are. I'll just make it hard OPT if not having one is an issue (and yeah, fix the wording on Quick Effect).

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users