{LINK-3} Super Quantum Mech Beast Pegaglide (Go Go Power Quantums!)

super_quantum_mech_beast_pegaglide_ii_by

[spoiler=Super Quantum Mech Beast Pegaglide: Info ]

LIGHT/Machine-Type Link Effect Monster/Link-3/1000 ATK

Lore: 3 monsters with different Types and Attributes from each other

Once per Duel, you can also Link Summon this card by destroying a face-up "Super Quant" Spell/Trap you control, then using a Level 1 "Super Quant" monster you control as Link Material. Once per turn, if a "Super Quant" monster(s) in your possession would be destroyed or returned to the Deck by an effect, you can Special Summon that many "Super Quantum" monsters from your Deck to Zones this card points to, instead. Once per turn: You can target monsters on the field and/or in the GYs, up to the number of Xyz Monsters you control; shuffle them into the Deck.

OH WAIT YOU THOUGHT I WAS DONE MAKING LINKS WITH THE ROCKETEERS

THAT WOULD BE A NO FROM ME DAWG

Now for the longer explanation; essentially Super Quantal Fairy Alphan has a ship where a properly functioning Mech Beast would do the Deck a lot better. So this time, I turned the ship and it into a Link. 

Because that's the solution to evrrrrrrrrything these days and I'll be danged if I'm not gonna join the pander express when it rolls by  what became of my cardmaking career I take this much perverse joy from putting myself down this hard.

This one's effects react in a similar fashion to Steelswarm Origin, in that it replaces returned monsters with more Quantum monsters from the Deck. In short, more Dakka. And it has removal too, rather exquisite ones too, should you go for the Mech Beasts. Though it may require another usable Mech Ship Magnacarrier to work, it's kinda a bit like Unicorn on steroids-except in the stat lines don't look at it its shy

May still be a bit intensive to do its Summons, the Super Quants are but LOOK AT THAT ALTERNATE LINK SUMMON REQUIREMENT THO

Now they're off to patrol the galaxy, I think you know the drill-reviews and revelry are good to get.

BD'S, signing off.

Until Konami makes another Level 1 "Super Quant" (or for whatever reason, you can reduce the other members to 1), yeah, Alphan's pretty much where you're going with this, coupled with blowing up your Magnacarrier. Given how they function at the moment, there's not much chance of you actually summoning the pilots and then using them for this; least consistently. 

====

SS effect is fine, since you do get to trigger the Layers on summon (Blue gets another copy of Carrier that you probably blew up to summon this, Green probably summons her or Red, and the latter gets it back otherwise). After that, you can just resume your original strategy of using Magnacarrier to make the Xyz, then go Megazord (if you have 3 cards to spare for Carrier's cost). 

Last effect seems okay for the most part. I do have some concerns about it, considering the fact that you can possibly make the 3 component Xyz first, shuffle stuff away and then go into Magnus afterwards, but as I noted above, you actually need to survive and have enough cards to do it. Shouldn't break anything, as I doubt there really is any other Xyz oriented Deck that can even meet the printed requirements thereof and abuse it). 

====

Long story short, Super Quant would really appreciate this, considering MR4 and all. Granted, you can still make Magnus in Link format without this, but requires that you have 2 or all of them in the GY, and 1 of them on the field somehow (which is probably off Magnacarrier) and you cap at 4, best (assuming you have a material on the field one). With this card (assuming you can feasibly get it out without being killed first), yeah, you can go all the way and capitalize on their gimmick. 

General issue is you actually having Alphan / Magnacarrier to make this (and yes, if this gets Strike'd or something, then you have to use the individual pilots to make it again)

Would be nice if they had more backrow that could be blown up so you don't have to resort to destroying Carrier, but that's a discussion saved for elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived