"You cant fix Vylons in two cards" "Bet." [2/2]

FLQT97A.png

2 Monsters with the same Type, except Tokens

If this card is Link Summoned: you can add 1 Equip Spell from your deck to your hand. While equipped a “Vylon” Equip Spell card: You can add 1 “Vylon” card from your deck to your hand, then destroy a face-up “Vylon” card you control. Each effect of “Antivylon Prima” can only be activated once per turn.

cSMPR9P.png

Special Summon 1 “Vylon Core Token” (LIGHT/Fairy/Level 1/0 ATK/0 DEF), then instead of sending this card to the GY, you can equip this card to a face-up “Vylon” monster you control as an Equip Spell card. During your main phase: You can Banish this card and any number of “Vylon” Spell cards from your GY; Special Summon 1 “Vylon” monster from your GY whose Level is equal to the number of Banished cards. You can only activate 1 effect of “Vylon Core” per turn, and only once that turn.

Ayy lmao. who needs complicated effects all you need is a generic link with a electrumite-esque effect and a hornet bit. so funking easy liao.

Your second card is almost an objectively better Hornet Bit, save for well...its accessibility. It can be activated with no monsters, remains on the field in case you need to pop face-up cards you control before and has a secondary effect that allows for potential Level 1 Vylon engines (Sphere is trash but the potential is there) rather than that pitiful ATK boost that Konami thought was a good idea. 

Noble Knights would make a great use of the Link card, especially as you can ladder into this card directly from Isolde using her effect...actually, if you are playing any Deck Warriors with Isolde and are running Equips, no reason not to throw in a few Vylon Equip Spells to make this even more playable. (Vylon Matter anyone?)

but hey ive got no idea of these random card mash meta decks that somehow do well in the ocg these are just my thoughts that although it helps vylons it helps isolde more???

The only two things I gotta ask is 1) why that recipe for the Link?  Though you'd likely be running a few specific ones, Vylons do notably have a couple different types.  And 2) ...it;s not named after a Greek letter?  That's about it, really.

Core helps their speed problem, and Prima gives them a solid power play that triggers Element or can simply add Rod of Silence for more loops.  Really solid stuff.  The Link being able to freely search "Living Fossil" should come in handy too.  Zoodiac tech?

not objectively better than hornet bit as hornet bit is not HOPT and like you said it has much better support built around it

and you know what if it helps isolde then that's fine, not like isolde ever facilitated noble knights more than it facilitated HERO, ninjas, six sam or other things

the interaction with isolde is actually on purpose because i think there genuinely could be some very interesting vylon hybrids that could be had because kagari + hornet bit is a 1 card isolde, therefore allowing you to play vylon hero kid sky striker or something else equally interesting

the materials are that way so that you can use engines for summoning it, as you can just use any tuner + any token/self summoner to go into needlefiber and then go into this, and yes the idea is to have a kayest searcher that isnt hidden armory

and uh as for the name

well we've basically went through all the important letters, and link monsters are usually thematically... different? like they're either from the past (double agent) not related to something previously established (metaltron is a zefrafied dozen metaltron which isnt a DT card) or just unique in their own way (steelswarm core isnt some form of corrupted version, it's actually the source of the lswarm). so i named the card Antivylon to differentiate it from normal Vylons

the interaction with isolde is actually on purpose because i think there genuinely could be some very interesting vylon hybrids that could be had because kagari + hornet bit is a 1 card isolde, therefore allowing you to play vylon hero kid sky striker or something else equally interesting

Okay, so I misread your intention; thought you were going to make Vylons functional as a Deck, rather than playable in others.

Upon reading Tink's comment about the materials, your intentions should have been clear; sorry.

Yeah, certainly a Needlefiber-esque card that, while not as many Decks as the aforementioned card could use, could make some neat devastating combos in combo Decks, especially with that latter spell.

i mean im not entirely sure what you mean by "making vylon playable in other decks"

because to really abuse this card you need a pretty hefty vylon core, it's just that it opens the door a bit, make the actual core of the deck a lot less bricky and inconsistent so you can play actual consistency cards and/or splice it with other engines. just because a deck is using other engines doesnt make it not that deck in its center.

pure vylons without utilizing anything else is beyond salvageable, you need at least a field spell and some new monsters and a full on double helix to save. however generic engines nowadays exist and vylon can really benefit from these cards. "pure" vylons is a glorified knightmare deck that's essentially more gimmicky, far brickier gouki. i want to remove the gimmicky aspect of vylons and give the deck much needed consistency to acheive the power plays it's already theoretically capable of acheiving.

take this combo for example, using only Prima

1. Hornet Bit into Kagari into Hornet Bit

2. Into Isolde dump 2 of your Kayest to summon Hero Kid

3. Summon 2 more Hero Kids

4. Isolde + Hero Kid to make Prima

5. Prima adds Kayest

6. Equip Kayest to Prima

7. Equip a Vylon Equip to Prima

8. Equip eff adds a Element

9. Play Element and another Vylon Equip

10. Element triggers, do the Vylon loop

11. At some point use Prima to pop itself to add Core or another Vylon monster

End board should be a full extra linked Knightmare board, with an unused Firewall, Trigate, Phoenix for battle protection, and Linkuriboh/Mermaid.

that said i am still figuring out its applications as an engine, however less likely it will be considering Core is unsearchable (at least not consistently cuz it only works with Prima) but it's genuinely interesting to think about.

pure vylons without utilizing anything else is beyond salvageable, you need at least a field spell and some new monsters and a full on double helix to save. however generic engines nowadays exist and vylon can really benefit from these cards. "pure" vylons is a glorified knightmare deck that's essentially more gimmicky, far brickier gouki. i want to remove the gimmicky aspect of vylons and give the deck much needed consistency to acheive the power plays it's already theoretically capable of acheiving.

I think the key point here in relation to my review is that by discarding the main "gimmick" of Vylons, what you've got left isn't Vylons, at least not to me. What you've provided in that combo is also still a glorified Knightmare Deck, again, at least to me, not the power plays that "it's already theoretically capable of achieving".

But yeah, I don't look at cards at that angle; looking at potential spammy Knightmare or whatever else combo Decks that any Deck can do, and people swap engine cards in and out to see what fits. Of course, this is exactly what is played in the meta, and this is exactly what cards need to be Tier 0 these days, but it's not something I like. 

But yeah, just look at my reviews in the other context; hopefully you can find someone with more experience in the spammy area ^^

Last post may have come off as a little sarky, so if it did, sorry about that. It's just that I know your design is so far out of my depth :P

well, i for one just don't understand why card design should be bogged down by 'gimmicks' that have to be the same as a concept that simply doesn't work. i took two of the concepts that vylons introduced and designed two cards that take advantage of those concepts while also removing most of the slow, gimmicky part of the deck that simply doesnt work. those concepts being the tuners ability to float when used as link material which allows it to trigger vylon element again when that monster is removed. the other concept that works is vylon being able to quickly cycle through their equip and tuner lineup using the element loop.

prima adds any equip spell, which are the main 'playmakers' of any vylon deck. it has an effect that requires it to be equipped with a vylon equip spell card, which works with the floating abilities of the tuner vylons which, are the only good part of the deck. it also destroys a face-up vylon spell, which triggers element, which is one of the best cards vylons have going for it, and if anyone wants to make vylon playable without doing a full rework of the archetype, should be the card to focus on.

core adds speed and much needed in-theme consistency to the deck, because the deck doesnt have any in-archetype way of generating resources to get its plays going.

i don't like this notion where card support has to support a deck's <<<intended>>> playstyle. if the playstyle doesnt work, or is outdated, there's no real reason to make a huge clunky frankenstein of support with near enough a dozen cards that completely replace the original lineup. vylons wanted to be a synchro deck that focuses on equipping cards with equips, but that doesnt work. that never worked. not on any level higher than casual table 500 duel on YGOpro on master rule 3 with character decks, that's why i elected to build upon a playstyle which does work, which does have potential.

You put me on check with these cards.

On one hand, from a balance standpoint, that are on the "a little too good" side, since despite their hard OPTs they can still enable sweet plays. For example, in a vacuum Prima may be a +0, but outside of the vacuum, it translates to pluses by popping, let's say, a Vylon Equip. Not to mention that being a semi-splashable searcher of any Equip is really good and has potential in plenty of decks and build. Now, I'm saying making pluses is a bad thing, because if things didn't make pluses then On the other hand, IMO they are only acceptable because of the powercreep. If Hornet Bit, Electrumite, etc. weren't things, these most likely would come off as too strong, but the thing is that the meta & powercreep can handle this kind of things.

I like them. I find them on the "a bit too good" side, but that's not a bad thing. IMO you managed to hit the sweet spot of "good enough for the powercreep. but not broken". I'm impressed. I very much like how Prima is a semi-splashable searcher of any Equip, giving it potential in different decks, if only to grab a key or archetype Equip.

A bit wary of the Vylon "Hornet Bit" because it's a +1 once you set up up, but making pluses isn't, again, a bad thing and it's pretty much the incentive of plying this, so it's cool. Not to mention it makes fair competition to Hornet-->Kagari.

If anything, I would change the materials of Prima to 2 of the same Attribute, so it's accessible by Vylons which include Fairy, Machine and even Thunder type. Also I'm a bit puzzled at making this card as Thunder, but that's ok. Wondering if there is any advantage in that. Searching Prism with Summon Sorceress? :v

I'm cool with archetype support deviating from the original intent of the archetype, if that will let them shine in one way or another. Besides, in a way these 2 still support the intent of Vylons by interacting with Equips and swarming, respectively.

By the way, the combo above says you can make Isolde with Hornet Bit + Kagari but... Kagari isn't Warrior so what am I missing there?

Archived