[Sakura 38K] Blizzard Storm Dragon

C31qu9v.png

Blizzard Storm Dragon

Link 4 | WATER | Dragon | Link | Effect

N / E / SW / S

3+ monsters, except Tokens
You can only use this card name's ② effect once per turn. ① Cannot be targeted by card effects. ② Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can Tribute 1 other monster you control, then target 1 card on the field; banish it, face-down. If this card points to 2 or more monsters, cards or effects cannot be activated in response to this effect's activation.

[use the written text for the effects/stats and so forth; not what is written on the picture.]

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=21405945

(Picture credit)

[spoiler=Design stuff (keep closed if you don't want to read)]

I made 38,000 posts, so yeah, this is another milestone card. Normally this would be something with 3.8K ATK, but due to the difficulty in designing feasible cards with those stats, yeah, it'll just be singular things.

Last time was a Link, so...let's continue with that. 

====

On paper, it's another Link 4 that you can make in any Deck that can afford the materials (if you can make something like Borreload, then you can make this as well). Looking at the current LK-4 pool, you're essentially stuck with Revolver's stuff, Gryphon, Firewall (assuming it doesn't get the banhammer and go to zero) and Skulldread.

[i think I could probably let Tokens be used as material, but given the combo loops that apparently exist right now, I'd like to play it safe.]

Taking into consideration the Firewall looping with multiples (though I am not exactly certain on how it was obtained; will need to watch replays), this is a hard OPT in the event that you CAN make 2 of these cards and potentially have them co-linked with other stuff.

Maybe a repeat of that won't happen here because this requires another monster to summon over Firewall. However I could be sorely mistaken; especially because this is free removal every turn with the added perk of not getting Strike'd or something if it points at stuff.

(Face-down banishing is probably strongest form of removal you can get at this point.)

Alright, there we go. 

Those who give a proper review and maintain civility while doing so shall get a rep.

How do you increase your post count this fast? o.O and here I struggle to hit the 10K when I have been here since ancient times xD

Let's see. You were a bit too greedy with this one, IMO. I dare say this outright outclasses Borreload, and that isn't cool. Borreload is handy for its blanket on targeting from monsters, and it's used as a non-destructive, non-targeting remover of monsters. This instead is non-targetable by anything, can straight banish that monster, or a Spell/Trap even so it has more flexibility, without forsaking attack, and it eve gets to do it in a disruptive way during the opponent's turn. The only drawback is that you can't use Tokens for this but... you can easily turn those Tokens into Links and ladder into this anyway. Not to mention that unlike Borreload, this can use Normal monsters as material, for whatever that's worth.

You mention a hard OPT clause but it's not written anywhere.

Really, this needs a nerf, IMO. You could start with a -1 cost to its effect, for example Tribute a monster like Decode Talker does, and also make it target for good measure, but even then, it would be still really good as an un-targetable Quick Effect remover.

How do you increase your post count this fast? o.O and here I struggle to hit the 10K when I have been here since ancient times xD

Well, I did have around over 15,000 posts when I went on a long hiatus near the end of 2011; attribute that to C&O. As for the remaining 22K (and change), probably more clubs and the GPT. That's something saved for elsewhere. 

====

Anyway...

I did say to use the WRITTEN effect beneath the picture (not the effect on it because it's going to be a pain in the neck uploading it again if I have to change stuff, which I did before typing the correct effect underneath). The written effect is easier to change.

But yeah, there IS a hard OPT on its second effect.

Change-wise, implemented the suggestions to require Tributing and targeting removal; even with the nerfs, yeah, the banishing is strong enough.

Oh, right, you wrote it in OCG format. I am too used to TCG's ways of adding hard OPTs xD

With the changes it looks good to me. Still potent, but it leaves Borreload its niche, kind of, since now Borreload is useful for finishing games or when you don't have other monsters around to feed this card's removal effect.

Technically I'm still using PSCT wording, but just moving the hard OPT stuff and summon conditions to the beginning to cut down on the clauses that need writing if needed (also "this card name" in case long names or using special characters). I do switch between the two depending on mood and whatnot, but should have both styles in threads to avoid confusing people. 

====

As for this card, yeah, this is mostly to remove stuff now.

In the case of Borreload, you could steal an opponent's monster with its effect, then Tribute it for this card's effect for more removal. Though, that would rely on you having both of them out in the first place (and having a zone for stolen monster to go to otherwise).

Archived