[Written] Demented Investigator | Support for our beloved Lovecraftian Entities

Dokutah

Demented Investigator
DARK / Link / Warrior / Effect
Bottom Left, Bottom
2 Monster with different card type (Normal, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum, and/or Link)

While this card is on the field or GY, you can only control non-"Entity" Monster equal to number of face-up "Entity" Monster you control +1. This Effect cannot be Negated. This card and "Entity" Monster you control cannot be targeted by card effect. If this card is Link Summoned you can Special Summon 1 Level/Rank 4 or lower "Entity" Monster from your Extra Deck or either player GY Ignoring its Summoning Conditions. You can only use this effect of "Demented Investigator" once per turn.

ATK 1350 / LINK 2

Quite straight foward. Easy to Summon, Series-locked Instant Fusion//Monster Reborn for Norden plays, and giving a rather ok protection. 1350 isnt much body to support it but at that point i made this seems too much (probs makes multiples soon in advance?)

cnc appriciated

How is its name and typing associated to Lovecraft lore? That's bugging me.

Flavor aside, this is actually a nasty card, IMO. A Link laddering card at worst. At best... it can remove with Nt'ss, or stun something with Hastorr or Nyarla --> Azzathoth stopping hand traps for the rest of the turn, while still laddering. In fact, Nt'ss would the go-to Entity, since it can get an additional monster on board with its effect, then be used as material to trigger the card pop. Chthugha would be more on the niche-side, only useful when you follow up with a Fusion or Rank4.

As strong as it looks, I like it, because of the punch it provides. xD

Besides, it's mildly held back by its summonign conditions. Then again, nowadays it isn't difficult to turn a maindeck monster into a Link, and then use a maindeck + Link to access this. By the way, for this card's purpose, is a Normal monster considered a different card type to an Effect monster? You may have to add in parenthesis as PSCT the different card types it considers.

Lore-wise i try to loosely portray the human-side of the story which i take Call of Cthullu and Horrors boardgames role of detective that gone insane while investigating leads towards the existance and activities of the Horrors. But yeah it will be much more sense if i include actual character from the books

As for the rest while i not really like long parenthesis explainantions that may cause design lock but i can see that it will be really helpful to add it for sake of clarity for whoever pilot it. So yeah will added

Archived