Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Yu-Gi-Oh! Skies [IC/R-16]

A Zai RP Yu-Gi-Oh! Slice of Life Action Drama

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• 3,550 posts
    Last Visit 2 minutes ago
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova

qaVE33T.png

A dash of azure here, a chocolate splash across purest gold...

“Hey there 'Sujii.”

“Hi Jun…” Yusuji murmured distractedly, still focused on her canvas as she danced about the room. The three pictures provided by Melissa still swirled through her imagination, occupying her mind even as the others in the room kept talking.

“Not at all.” She wasn’t even sure what she said this in response to. Probably the friend Jun brought. Still, there was something nagging in the back of her mind. Something she ought to do instead of finishing of touching up a pigeon in the corner, and tinting the glass just right.

Pigeon. Friend. Painting.

“So what were you guys in the middle of painting?”

Painting. Color. Trees. Wood. Log cabin. Dorm. Paintings.

Paintsuji.

Suddenly, it clicked.

“Jun!” she squealed, whirling around and dashing towards her best friend. “I knew you'd come!” She stopped short about half a second away from a hug, realizing her apron was covered with enough paint to be considered an artwork of its own. “I’ll just...um...one second!” The offending article of clothing flew across the room, catching a nearby hook just as Yusuji seemed to take to the air herself, almost flying back to her workspace. A few seconds passed, wherein the various pieces of equipment she was still holding were placed back into waiting receptacles with surprising deliberation, and then returned with even greater speed to embrace Jun tightly.

“How are you?” she asked earnestly, “It wasn’t the same without but, it’s still just been wonderful here with Melissa! She’s so nice, and SUCH an inspiration.” Letting go, she gestured towards the drying canvas . “It’s not finished, but...”

It was a scene bathed in silver moonlight, although not from above. Instead, the celestial orb was visible below what looked like an open-air library. Shelves overflowing with books filled the available space, held motionless in the air by each other, well-placed ladders, and wooden stairs, coming and going seemingly as they pleased. Despite the lack of a discernible floor, the view stretched on downwards into the deep blue of the coming night, with the many constructions spiralling almost out of sight toward the immense moon beneath.

And all around were pigeons. Swirling around in flocks, roosting on the many stable ladders, or even being formed from the many shapes made by the shelves or the markings around them. Even the lone chair on the otherwise empty platform which seemed to be the focus of the room featured wings on either side, surrounding the many blue cushions present as well, soft in both their color and design.

But it was patchy. Portions of the shelves lacked refinement, several pigeons were little more than white blobs, and the further one’s eyes were drawn towards the edges, the more blurry it seemed to be.

“I was thinking of doing something more abstract this time, but it kind of...fell apart.” Yusuji said, grinning. “It just needs a little more work, and then it’ll be completely completed.” She frowned, not liking the end of her sentence, but then noticed the one guy in the corner.

“And you brought Souji too! Hi!” She waved at him over Jun’s shoulder. “Nice outfit! Good duel yesterday, although that other costume could use some brightening up. Wait, no, actually, it works perfectly with Rose, forget I said anything. Except hi, and...probably the rest of it. Never mind.”

Yusuji wasn’t quite sure how she felt about the admittedly dapper guy. He had taken on Rose, true, but they’d both been so much fun. And even now, talking to him face to face...he really did look nice.

“So, Melissa!” The return to reality was prompted by remembering the third person in the room, and so the paintress performed another excessive twirl towards her original companion. Yusuji was delighted to see a slight smile on her face, and so, gestured towards the artwork. “Thoughts so far?”

radio414

radio414

n/a

• Advanced Members
  • 928 posts
    Last Visit 30 minutes ago
  • Spouse:ur mom

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”
-1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

“So, Melissa! Thoughts so far?”

Yusuji had asked a question. Yusuji was expecting something out of her. And yet, Melissa felt less terrible about that than a remark Yusuji had made just moments prior.

“It wasn’t the same without,” Yusuji had said. And that could have been true in a number of ways. For example, it could have meant “It’s always better when you’re here, Jun.” And given the context of the second half of Yusuji’s sentence, that was probably the correct interpretation. But it also could have meant “Thank you for saving me from this impossible, mute mess of a human being.” Again, it probably wasn’t, but it could have been.

Yusuji had asked Melissa a question. It was a simple enough question, the kind of question she probably should have expected after providing the inspiration for the piece. The implicit contract those three questions had formed between them had yet to be completed, though Yusuji had done most of her part already simply by doing what she (presumably) did best. If Melissa were to contribute her part, she’d have to do the opposite. She’d have to do what she did worst.

And she was running out of excuses. Yusuji being too focused on her canvas was a fine enough distraction until Jun and Souji arrived, and once they had, they were distractions of their own for at least a little bit. But now, called out with a full view of Yusuji’s creation, all the focus in the room was on Melissa.

Yusuji had asked Melissa a question, so she should probably answer it.

Even though Yusuji had admitted the painting was incomplete, something even a novice like Melissa could tell at a glance, the vision was still there. The moon, the ladders, the stairs, the towering bookshelves, even the pigeons were all there. Every feature was there, it probably just needed touching up. And there was something soothing about the imperfections still present in the piece, too. Maybe that was because it was constructed out of Melissa’s own head.

The first words out of Melissa’s mouth were, “That’s a lot of pigeons,” which felt in her mouth like one of those stupid observations people made when they were trying to be funny, but she wasn’t! She really was trying to be sincere, trying to put her best effort into her half of the social contract. Her attempt to course-correct came out as, “No, I like it. I really like it,” which somehow felt even worse. The course-correct was too obvious! Of course it was! Why should she expect anything different out of herself?

Melissa did manage one phrase she didn’t feel terrible about, though. “Can I buy it from you when it’s finished?

If she was going to end on anything, it might as well be that.

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

Little Sun Dragon

• Legendary Members
  • 19,497 posts
    Last Visit 7 minutes ago

f8OzT6y.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

Souji stood there, in the quiet of the location, hearing a mumbled 'hi' from the individual that Jun designated as "'Lissa". He assumed that was short for Melissa, but he kept that little assumption to himself, lest he get himself corrected right then and there.

“Jun! I knew you'd come!”

The silence was then cut through by the squealing voice of Yusuji, the painter girl. It was obvious that she had been in serious concentration about the piece in question. And truthfully, he did know of Yusuji's painting pieces of inspiration here and there. She was pretty much famous for them, so it wasn't surprising that she'd be working for more inspiration in paintings. Nevertheless, Souji decided to also take a nice look at the painting in question.

Silver moonlit night in an open library with plenty of pigeons... he thought, squinting at it and tilting his head to the right some. That's how people judged art, right?

“And you brought Souji too! Hi! Nice outfit! Good duel yesterday, although that other costume could use some brightening up. Wait, no, actually, it works perfectly with Rose, forget I said anything. Except hi, and...probably the rest of it. Never mind.”

Souji let out a small sigh, before smiling some. "Thanks, Yusuji. I'm glad I was able to put on an entertaining Duel yesterday. Though I wasn't exactly expecting quite the similar Dueling style from Rose. Still, even though the Duel was a hit, still didn't get to the point where I was forced to use my Duel Skill." he shrugged slightly. "Oh well...oh, before I forget, it's a nice painting there. I mean, I don't really get the significance of it noooooor the symbolism if there is any, buuuut it's nice nonetheless."

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,629 posts
    Last Visit Sep 14 2018 04:35 PM
  • Discord:Zai#7925
  • Alias:Zai
  • Spouse:Kate

mqYjeXr.png

"Hmph," Katsu folded her arms in tightly. "Fine, I will not fight for now. And why not, I had to miss yesterday's duel and the duel Student Council advertised today seemed interesting enough, I was hoping to not miss that."

"I'll give it a shot. The less people I have to worry about slugging it out with, the better." Whew, that was close. The last thing Yushiro wanted was to have to deal with a catfight. For now at least, things weren't going to get out of control. "What's this friend of yours like, anyway? Is he always late or something? For that matter, how do you two know each other? Seems like an unlikely pair to me."

"Well....." Yushiro thought a moment, considering how to phrase his answer.

"Hmph! It's not like that at all, for I, Katsu the Strong, know Yushiro through a mutual 'acquaintance'. As for Akira, he usually has a way of messing something up. For example, one ti--" Katsu beat him to it, but before she herself could finish, THE MAN himself appeared.

"I apologize that I, the man Akira, am not usually this late," He said, folding his arms. "But my English teacher had cornered me to give me a lecture on how that the man Akira refers to himself as the man, Akira, and how it is not proper English," He shook his head. sighing. "The man Akira has never met such a nagging person... well, then again...," his eyes darted over to Katsu nervously before looking back to Yushiro. "So, what's the plan the man Yushiro has today?"

"I saw that, Akira..." Yushiro stifled a small laugh, hoping not to clue Katsu into it. "Nothing in particular dude. I just figured we could-"

"For your information, I, Katsu the Strong, keep you on track! If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be here right now! While you were gone, I had to meet with the faculty regarding our clubs! They claim that neither have enough members to warrant separate martial-arts clubs and are standing to combine them!"

Is it really that big of a deal if they get combined? All the different art stuff is all part of the art club, and the duel team has all kinds of duelists with really different playstyles. I'm not really seeing why there has to be two martial arts clubs, especially if they're both having a tough time with membership."

And there they went again. Yushiro could already feel a tirade from Katsu coming on. "Wellllll its not quite that simple, but on the same token Katsu I can't see how combining membership is a bad thing. It'll expose more people to your style if all the clubs' members are in the same place right? Besides. MMA is pretty big these days."

Posted Image

Reptilious

Reptilious

Still don't know what my line was.

• Advanced Members
  • 879 posts
    Last Visit 9 minutes ago

nXdDXyT.png

As Hoshiko took her seat, she noted that the girl with the deck had seemed to recognized her. She nodded in agreement at the notion of the top, before letting out a sigh. "Yeah..." She leaned on the table a bit, taking a sip of her iced coffee. She didn't quite understand the words she was using, but she had a general idea of what she was talking about. The duel from the other day. 

As she listened to Alison, Hoshiko watched as the other girl flipped over cards. Her eye's widened as she watched the art on the cards - they were gorgeous. They were also rather vague, being mostly illustration. "Only react? You sound just like my manager." The idol said, chuckling softly as her eyes shifted from the cards to the girl on the other side of the table. She slowly nodded her head. "I've never been very proactive when dueling. It's probably one of the biggest complaints about my dueling I see online." She put down her cup on the table. "It's part of the reason why I wanted to come here. I figured I could learn more out here rather than in the comfort of a studio."

contest thingy

driving image

pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy wen day is dark alway rember happy day

The Warden

The Warden

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be~

• Moderators
  • 17,126 posts
    Last Visit Today, 10:26 PM
  • Alias:Broken

"I've never been very proactive when dueling. It's probably one of the biggest complaints about my dueling I see online." Hoshiko put down her cup on the table. "It's part of the reason why I wanted to come here. I figured I could learn more out here rather than in the comfort of a studio."

"That makes sense" Alison said thoughtfully. "But of course, you always do have to be reactive when playing a deck designed for control like the Shaddolls."

Carefully reaching for the deck, she lifted half of it up and took a card from the middle. Placing it before Hoshiko, the girl gestured it to the idol. "Go ahead, flip it over."

The idol did so, and she did seem a little bit surprised to be faced with the 6th Major Arcana, better know as The Lovers. "Bit reactive, wouldn't you say?" Alison commented mystically. "Thing is, your deck seems to be stuck between a twilight of proactivity and reactivity, but when the chips are down it's clear which way you swing" she added, rotating the Lovers card. "It's best to be one first, then the other, but not both at the same time. Choose to be reactive and controlling to cripple your foe early, or find a way to make Shaddolls more proactive by taking the lead in duel by being proactive, then using the reactionary powers offered by the Shaddoll fusions to keep your opponent lagging while you take the lead. You lost to the inverted Moon because he had the duel in the palm of his hand the entire time and refused to let you play with it."

the_warden_by_uxiesweetie-d9fsncn.png

Hell? Oh no, you flatter me! This is merely SuperYCM! I am The Warden.

Reptilious

Reptilious

• Advanced Members
  • 879 posts
    Last Visit 9 minutes ago

nXdDXyT.png

"That makes sense" Alison said thoughtfully. "But of course, you always do have to be reactive when playing a deck designed for control like the Shaddolls." Hoshiko nodded, paying close attention to the girl. Alison gestured it to the idol. "Go ahead, flip it over." With a nod, Hoshiko slowly flipped over the card, excited to see the art on the next card.

The card that was flipped over depicted what looked like a couple. Hoshiko wasn't sure what this meant, although it clearly had meaning as Alison continued to "read" the cards. She wasn't entirely sure how she was doing this, as the cards themselves had no words. She decided to sit on the idea that Alison was a magician, as she continued to read. She also kept calling The Rider "inverted Moon", which confused her. It took her a second to process the information, before clasping her hands. "Oh! Sort of like partner dancing?" She said, grabbing her cup and taking a sip. "In the 'dance' between me and The Rider, he was the lead." She thought a bit about the duel. "He was in control the whole time... and I followed him to a tea instead of trying to take the game for myself." She placed her hand on her chin. "So I need to either be more proactive or more reactive..."

contest thingy

driving image

pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy wen day is dark alway rember happy day

The Warden

The Warden

• Moderators
  • 17,126 posts

"Oh! Sort of like partner dancing?" Hoshiko said, grabbing her cup and taking a sip. "In the 'dance' between me and The Rider, he was the lead." She thought a bit about the duel. "He was in control the whole time... and I followed him to a T instead of trying to take the game for myself." She placed her hand on her chin. "So I need to either be more proactive or more reactive..."

Alison laced her fingers together gently, and smiled. This girl was a bit of a ditz, wasn't she? Well, when you're reversed Judgment it makes sense. Although, now that she thought about it, her arms still hurt from the tremors last night and she should probably put them down, so she did. "Yes, something like a dance" she nodded, smiling to let the other girl feel something smart. "But the better way to put it is that you can be proactive and build combos to give you a staggering lead, or, play control and constantly deny your opponent. That is how the Shaddoll series can work, you see? Their fusions are quite remarkable for that" she explained, reaching for her Tribute Box and removing a copy of El Shaddoll Winda.

"Think of things like Winda here. She denies additional summons, so imagine if you could have protected her more? She would have denied the Mask Change tactic used by the reversed Moon to make multiple attacks. Or, perhaps you could have played with this" she explained, reaching for the box again and removing a copy of Shekhinaga.

"You used her aggressively when you could have stalled for a little longer with her staggering defence. If I recall, you had to fuse her immediately, did you not? To escape a trap card? Would it not be fitting to say you were the Construct present in the card image? Caught in a trapped and only able to escape by changing" Alison said, taking one more card and revealing El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis.

"Perhaps it is fitting that you use Shaddolls, given how often you had to keep coming back like Construct did, but nonetheless you kept losing regardless."

Alaina

Alaina

「So that those thoughts won't be lost」

• Mekakushi
  • 1,137 posts
    Last Visit 8 minutes ago
  • Alias:Skaia

MM6dyYE.png?1

"Pigeons huh?" Jun seemed curious, looking past Melissa towards Yusuji while she was painting. While the girl didn't quite seem finished yet, the speed and detail with which the young painter worked with never failed to amaze Jun. And there were indeed a lot of pigeons. As the girl watched, eventually Yusuji had seemed to realize that there were other people in the room, getting up to enthusiastically greet them. Jun seemed to brace herself, expecting that she would need some kind of change of clothes after the hug, though thankfully the painter had managed to stop herself and throw the apron to the side. With a much brighter smile on her face the girl embraced her painter friend as well saying, "hey 'Suji! Day's been so so so far, but I'm sure it's about to get way better." 

As the girl talked about Melissa's aid Jun gave her a friendly pat on the back saying, "well thanks for giving 'Suji such a great idea to work with." Jun couldn't help but giggle to herself as Melissa then seemed to go from making observations to offering to buy the painting within half a minute. The girl then rolled her eyes at Souji's comment on the duel yesterday saying, "yes yes, we all know the great Kamen Rider was soooo much better that he didn't have to try." Jun's voice seemed to have a great deal of sarcasm to it, though this became a bit more playful as she said, "but, maybe you should take up 'Suji's offer. After all, you could do with more colors then just green." 

Looking back to her friend she said, "but great job on the painting, as always, 'Suji. Didn't think someone could make pigeons so...dynamic. Definitely plentiful though." Nodding to herself, she then gestured over to Melissa saying, "but once its' done, I'm sure it'll be even better, so you should figure out a price tag for your newest customer here." 

tumblr_p1qytntdOx1ub8b3yo1_500.gif

RP Awards

Reptilious

Reptilious

• Advanced Members
  • 879 posts
    Last Visit 9 minutes ago

nXdDXyT.png

Hoshiko gave Alison a rather proud smile in response. Her expression when from proud grin to a bit of shock as she watched Alison pull out her own El Shaddoll monsters. "Wow... do you play Shaddolls too?" She let out an excited gasp. "Is that why you know so much!?"

"I think... I think I get what you're saying though." She said, calming down a bit. The way she had used her Fusion during the duel were less than optimal, is what she was getting. Indeed, she had been mostly reactive when summoning it and, upon thinking about it, she didn't really put much thought as to which one she actually summoned. "I didn't really put much thought to which fusion I was summoning, mostly using them to react to my opponent... when I should have been trying to deny him from making those plays in the first place." 

"Alright, I'll have to learn how to control the game with my fusions better!" Hoshiko proudly declared, before nodding towards Alison. "Thank you so much... er... oh!" She blushed a bit, rubbing the back of her head. "We haven't properly introduced each other yet. My name is Hoshiko~!" She said, extending her arm out for a handshake. 

contest thingy

driving image

The Warden

The Warden

• Moderators
  • 17,126 posts

"We haven't properly introduced each other yet. My name is Hoshiko~!"

Alison stared at the outstretched hand, and immediately her own clutched together. "I am Alison" she answered without taking Hoshiki's handshake. "And no, I do not play Shaddolls, I am just familiar with their lore as being a member of Blue Yonder's Occult Club, we like to learn about Yugioh monster lore, especially the macabre sorts such as the tale of the Shaddolls. This includes the unfortunate fall of Gem-Knight Master Diamond from his once proud form to collapsing into Cairngorgon, and then his head eventually becoming the Shaddoll Core. I do also happen to enjoy the antics of funny mister Skull Servant" she said with a slight giggle, as if changing the subject of the handshake or pretending it didn't happen.

Smug Sultan Saikazo

Smug Sultan Saikazo

You thought it was K. Rool, but it was me, Dedede!!

• Elite Members
  • 1,751 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Saiku

uEm5KFs.png

Yushiro was ready to answer him, the words leaving his mouth. "Nothing in particular dude. I just figured we could-" Suddenly, Akira felt a chop on the back of his head that made him stumble forward. The Man Akira grumbled as he rubbed his head, the pain something he was used to, but he didn't particularly like. 

"For your information, I, Katsu the Strong, keep you on track! If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be here right now! While you were gone, I had to meet with the faculty regarding our clubs! They claim that neither have enough members to warrant separate martial-arts clubs and are standing to combine them!" Combine them? Combine them?! What nonsense. Obviously, anyone with a brain could see why this was just imposs--- 

"Is it really that big of a deal if they get combined? All the different art stuff is all part of the art club, and the duel team has all kinds of duelists with really different playstyles. I'm not really seeing why there has to be two martial arts clubs, especially if they're both having a tough time with membership." Well, he supposed that not everyone had a brain. Still, at the very least...

"Wellllll its not quite that simple, but on the same token Katsu I can't see how combining membership is a bad thing. It'll expose more people to your style if all the clubs' members are in the same place right? Besides. MMA is pretty big these days." And now even the man Yushiro thought the same way! This wasn't good at all.

"I, the man Akira, see your point," He finally replied. "However, the examples the woman Kyouko provided do not apply here. A painter and a sculptor don't need the same tools, nor do people that play cards," He explained. "However, in martial arts, the same equipment is used for different things, so the man Akira and the woman Katsu would need to try to share the same equipment, which just wouldn't happen. Then duels would be used to settle the disputes, and then we'd get nothing done," He shrugged. "As for MMA, a man or woman would need to be well versed in one art before they can learn from the other. Trying to learn two at once would bring nothing but confusion,"

wryYvru.png

Sai sighed to himself as he opened the door to CoffeCards. He particularly wasn't one for coffee, but they made some decent hot chocolate, and he was in the mood for that. With a sigh, he got in line, waiting to be able to have his order taken. He really just wanted the drink and to high tail it out of here. 

05uIRqd.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users