I'd just tone down the stat boost on the Gym from 700 to, at most, 500.  Other than that, I think your Flannery set gives a good benchmark for the our designs overall.

Abilities should be fine.  I just want to make sure that we don't get overly caught up making stuff like abilities/items/etc. and neglect making the 'mon themselves.  I'll see about tossing up a few cards later today/tomorrow.

EDIT: Will post Shuckle, Remoraid, Octillery, and a PokeMove card that supports both Shuckle & Octillery tomorrow.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now, I generally don't have concerns about it; Shuckle was the problem card, but he technically fixed it to address that potential double lock thing. It's still potent, but yeah.

Should get to work on the Eeveelution stuff (inb4 partial rip-off of my original ones from 2013/2014); though in their case, I did scale their power levels based on their actual in-game stats. 

Gonna reserve a 3 'mon line - Chikorita, its evos.  Also planning on dropping Solarbeam with the line.

Parental Bond looks good.  It really is completely necessary for something like this project.  It either unbricks the hand or increases the power level of what you could field.

I think the biggest problem that this archetype is going to experience, though, is burning through its advantage too quickly.  Like tribute summoning, the evolution mechanic is inherently a -1, but like Cyberse, it feels like you could dump cards on the field fairly easily, draining hand resources.  It's going to be tenuous trying to balance this out..

Anyways, thoughts on Unown being simply a Normal monster?  Though it does have an attack, I'm thinking it would be perfect as a means of taking advantage of Normal monster support in yugioh.

Considering how much Unown sucks (no seriously, it only learns Hidden Power and that's it), being a Normal Monster is fitting. But then again, Hidden Power can change based on who's using it, but mechanics behind it are complicated. You can probably implement it somehow as a type changer, however the wording will be ugly. 

Parental Bond is fine, since yeah, it'll grab everything you need when it's required.

====

That being said, just expect that no one but club members are going to review PAC stuff (not to be negative, but yeah, issue being that most of Advanced doesn't pay attention to what's inside club projects and/or has interest in Pokémon). It's same with AGM in most cases. 

====

I think the Arcanine line would be an appropriate starting point on my end, then go deal with the Eeveelutions.

• 2 weeks later...

If I haven't said this already, I've been spending the last 5-6 weeks doing summer school coursework for CEE 431 (Wastewater Engineering) online, so I do not have as much time as I would like for design (though I got ideas). That, and couple it with my other duties here. 

Hopefully by next week, I can start rolling out stuff on a more frequent basis since course ends on Friday

===

P.S. I already reviewed the new stuff. 

As a whole, I'm seeing a bit of a trend with basics (that evolve). They have been largely about not losing advantage (gaining advantage or making opponent lose advantage), which makes sense as a whole, considering the nature of evolution. I think it is something that should be a kept trend (with others possibly being more gimmicky, which I kinda wanna do with my next batch), but it is a trend that we'll need to keep a firm hand on.

...also looked through the Gastly line cards.

Do I understand correctly that you like this trend and want it to stay this way but with a few exceptions?

Or do you mean that there is something wrong with this and it should be changed?

I'm just going to come out and admit that the level of English you two use is beyond my comprehension as you both use a lot of (American) proverbs. I understand from context that "keeping a firm hand on something" means to keep it under control? But I really don't understand how exactly that would be executed in this case. 

So sorry for the trouble!

Do I understand correctly that you like this trend and want it to stay this way but with a few exceptions?

Or do you mean that there is something wrong with this and it should be changed?

I'm just going to come out and admit that the level of English you two use is beyond my comprehension as you both use a lot of (American) proverbs. I understand from context that "keeping a firm hand on something" means to keep it under control? But I really don't understand how exactly that would be executed in this case. 

So sorry for the trouble!

The former, given from the tone of Tinkerer's post. I think he's fine with how the evolution stuff works here as far as the current designs, but probably for him anyway. 

But in the context of this club, suppose the advantage thing is needed, considering the 'mons that have been made thus far usually require some degree of investment to make worthwhile (given their counterpart's status). 

====

For me, I'll probably go start on the Arcanine line; Eeveelution one may be a short while, given the nature of how they work. 

Oh, yeah.  Sorry about that.  I meant that I actually do approve of them trying to keep advantage.  However, if we aren't careful, we could easily end up making them in a way that lets you keep gaining advantage ridiculously.  We just need to be aware of this and make sure to not let it get out of control (as in, making sure to put OPTs or preventing loops).  I think we'll be fine if we keep looking at each other's cards.

I'm probably going to either go with:

1. Rattata/Raticate + Hyper Beam
  2. Drowzee/Hypno + Psybeam

+ maybe a random single stage 'mon.  Any preference?

Up to you; as far as those two pairings go, I really am ambivalent on their evolutionary lines. 

And I better start doing Arcanine's stuff now. Shouldn't be too long (well, if I do opt to go borrow from 2014's Arcanine and adapt it for here, since that was designed as a standalone).

Ah yes, and @, any progress on your end?

EDIT: A couple minutes and some retweaking later, stuff happens.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/373885-pac-pok%C3%A9fire-growlithe-arcanine/

I think because I edited that in later, and supposedly the notification only works on the initial post's contents. 

But yeah, I got my stuff done; now to figure out how to work with Eevee's stuff because that one will require some effort, especially if I decide to c/p stuff from my older works. To be honest, Arcanine was technically translated from an older one, but just modified to deal with evolution and well, given full burn instead of a flat 800. 

====

Guess I'll go reserve Lucario's line too, but that's on hold until Eevee is done.

(inb4 I like Eevee a fair bit because nearly half the tees I wear on a regular basis are Eeveelution related)

Hey, I addressed some things you guys thought were problematic with the Ghastly, Haunter and Gengar cards. I personally think they are much more balanced now, but I'd like a second opinion on that.

I didn't change a lot of things that you guys said about card ruling though, because basically all the sources stand by my original card text working as I intented it to work. (except for that Gengar loop)

I'm probably going to note that I didn't open the spoiler tag when I reviewed the thread, so yeah. 

Also going to make the modifications to Arcanine in terms of buffs. Considering that it is a very good 'mon, I have to make sure the effects correlate properly to it (which will probably be shutting off activated effects on its summoning turn if you use Growlithe for it).

====

As far as Trainers go (if we ever get there), what do you think they should be made as? Links probably come to mind because they can technically offer some support to their 'mons if they point to them, but regular effect monsters work too. (I would see this more for when we get the legendaries and Mega Evolutions going). 

Archived