[Written] Vendread Additional Supports

One day, out of spare time, I looked intently at one card artwork within the Vendread archetype and found something interesting about it. That said card is Vendread Chimera. Notice that there are a bunch of other creatures jammed into that disgusting body. A snake head, a reptile/dragon leg, a insect leg, a worm with a centipede-head(?), and what it looks like a mammal-like animal. So I thought maybe there's a bunch of supports not released yet (or maybe not made or thought up by Konami yet). So here are the supports I thought about based on that assumption while adding my own spice and gimmicks to it and addressing what's lacking in the archetype as it is now.

PS: I had to name them accordingly by the archetype's naming style and make sure they fit in with the lore and references (Spawn comics, Resident Evil franchise, and The Thing movies).

MAIN DECK SUPPORTS:

Vendread Morphingpool

Dark / Level 4 /Zombie / Effect

If this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned: you can send 1 non-Ritual "Vendread" monster from your deck to GY, if you do increase this card's Level by that monster's Level. A "Vendread" monster Ritual Summoned using this card on the field gains the following effect. You can only use each preceding effect of "Vendread Morphingpool" once per turn.

• Banish 1 non-Ritual "Vendread" monster from your GY, except "Vendread Morphingpool", and if you do, gain the effect from that monster as if it was used as a tribute for this card's Ritual Summon. You can only use this effect once while this card is face-up on the field.

Atk/ 500 Def/ 0

Firstly, a Ritual archetype such as Vendreads NEEDS a monster that can be counted as exact tribute for a whole (like Shurit, Gishki Shadow & Vision), but at the same time they need flexibility in the deck in terms of built-in Uni-Zombie mills they totally need and the choice of effects the Ritual monsters will gain. So why not put all of those in one card. Wouldn't it be fun? Especially with Vendread Charge.

Vendread Stampedebeasts

Dark / Level 4 / Zombie / Effect

If a “Vendread” monster(s) is sent from field to GY while this card is in your GY: You can banish this card; special summon that monster(s), but banish it when it leaves the field. A “Vendread” monster Ritual Summoned using this card on the field gains the following effect. You can only use each preceding effects of "Vendread Stampedebeasts" once per turn.

• Cannot be destroyed by battle.

Atk/ 1900 Def/ 100

This will be the 3rd non-Ritual Level 4 within the Vendreads. Notice that I have categorized these the monsters by the effects to gain from them. Interruption (Revenants), Consistency (Morphingpool), and Protection (this card). Expect more of that along the way for each levels.

As for this card, you might have thought about having a Soul Charge-like support for these guys but I give you this. The closest thing it could ever be to Soul Charge without being too OP. Although, the effect will kind of work like D/D/D Wave King Caesar's effect. And about this card having a cool protection effect to give to the Rituals but does not revive itself back to field, that's an equalizer. But you can read further more to find out how to abuse it. *wink*

Vendread Serpentswarm

Dark / Level 3 / Zombie / Effect

If this card is in your GY: You can banish 1 "Vendread" card from your deck; special summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field. A "Vendread" monster Ritual Summoned using this card on the field gains the following effect. You can only use each preceeding effects of "Vendread Serpentswarm" once per turn.

• If this card destroys an opponent's monster, you can add 1 banished Vendread monster to your hand.

Atk/ 900 Def/ 1000

Incidentally, I made this guy's effect to gain part of the Interruption category early on that is basically like Omega but then I realized that it could be abused to the point that a Vendread player could practically perform a lock before his opponent could enter his MP1 by banishing all of his hand. Oh, yeah and the part that Houndhorde already got the Interruption slot for the level 3s made me change the effect a bit. Now, this works like an alternative searcher (if ever one could pull it off) by its overall look.

Vendread Dragonspawn

Dark / Level 3 / Zombie / Effect

You can discard this card; Special Summon 1 “Vendread” monster from your GY, except "Vendread Dragonspawn", but banish it when it leaves the field. A “Vendread” monster Ritual Summoned using this card on the field gains the following effect. You can only use each preceding effects of "Vendread Dragonspawn" once per turn.

• Cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

Atk/ 800 Def/ 0

We already got Mezuki sitting in the GY, Anima taking care of the banished zone, and now I give you this. In a deck where almost all monsters can special summon themselves back, this is kind of like too much, no? But trust me, you have better targets for this card and it's totally not Revenants.

Vendread Pests

Dark / Level 2 / Zombie / Effect

If this card was sent to the GY: You can send 1 face-up "Vendread" card you control to the GY; Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field. A "Vendread" monster Ritual Summoned using this card on the field gains the following effect. You can only use each preceding effects of "Vendread Pests" once per turn.

• Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 card in your opponent's GY; banish that card.

Atk/ 200 Def/ 1500

The last interruption effect is here after Revenants, Houndhorde, and Anima (yes, technically it does give an interruption effect). It's good against GY-based decks like Infernoids and such. However, think about how to summon this back to your field. Send a ritual summoned Slayer or Battlelord, maybe?

Vendread Creeperhive

Dark / Level 2 / Zombie / Effect

If this card is Special Summoned from your GY: You can banish this card; activate this effect. Immediately after this effect resolves, Ritual Summon 1 “Vendread” monster from your GY by sending “Vendread” monsters from your deck to GY whose total levels equal that monster you are Ritual Summoning. A “Vendread” monster Ritual Summoned using this card on the field gains the following effect. You can only use each preceding effects of "Vendread Creeperhive" once per turn.

• Your opponent cannot respond to this monster's effects.

Atk/ 300 Def/ 2000

If Evolution and Morphingpool's mills are not enough, now get a load of this. Now you realize why Dragonspawn is there in the first place. And I would be happy to have you learn the combo behind this.

Vendread Chrysalis

Dark / Level 1 / Zombie / Tuner / Effect

If this card is used for a “Vendread” monster's Ritual Summon and sent to the GY: you can Special Summon this card from your GY, but banish it when it leaves the field. A “Vendread” monster Ritual Summoned using this card on the field gains the following effect. You can only use each preceding effects of "Vendread Chrysalis" once per turn.

• During your Main Phase: You can Normal Summon/Set 1 Zombie monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set for this turn.

Atk/ 0 Def/ 0

"A TUNER!" I can already hear it from my monitor. Its a level 1 and considering this can be summoned very easily (not to mention cards that can special summon this straight from deck the field) Crystal Wing is playable in Vendreads with this. As for the effect to give to the Rituals, let's just say "hope you can use that extra normal summon before your hand is depleted from your continuous Ritual Summons."

Vendread Grotesque

Dark / Level 4 / Zombie / Ritual / Effect

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Vendread" Ritual Spell. When a "Vendread" monster is Ritual Summoned: You can shuffle 1 banished "Vendread" card to your deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is tributed, or banished, for a Ritual Summon: All "Vendread" Ritual monsters you control gain 500 ATK/DEF. You can only use this effect of "Vendread Grotesque" once per turn.

Atk/ 2000 Def/ 0

A Ritual that can have you earn back your hand advantage after spamming those Ritual Summons. Although you are obligated now to banish a couple of Vendread cards to use this guy continuously but who cares?

For that tributed effect, I'm aware that some Vendreads builds use Idaten to power-up their Rituals in case of facing beatstick monsters *Cough* Waking the Dragon *Cough* Ultimate Falcon *Cough2x*. I hope this guy will do for in replacement of Idaten.

Revendread Union

Ritual Spell

You can use this card to Ritual Summon any "Vendread" Ritual Monster from your hand or GY. You must also tribute monsters from your hand, field, and/or return 1 banished Zombie monster to the GY whose total Levels exactly the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. During the Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish this card, then target 1 "Vendread" Ritual monster in your GY; banish any number of Zombie-type monsters in your GY, except the targeted card, whose total levels equal to that targeted card, and if you do, add that target to your hand, then add 1 "Vendread Reunion" from your deck or GY. You can only use each effect of "Revendread Union" once per turn.

I just simply completed the wordplay trend between the ritual spells and the normal traps within this archetype, no biggie. As for the effect itself, you are definitely gonna use this to regain that Mezuki back but make sure to do the math first. As for the GY effect this one has, it practically sets up for Reunion, one of the good cards within the archetype that is too situational to even run in the deck. In the lore of Vendreads, in kind of makes sense since the artwork I had in mind for this is Slayer defeating and assimilating Chimera.

Vendread Cure

Continuous Spell

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, shuffle 1 other "Vendread" card you control to the deck (This is not optional), if not, destroy this card. You can only use 1 of the following effects of "Vendread Cure" once per turn.

• During your Main Phase: You can target 1 "Vendread" card in your GY; add it to your hand, and if you do, for the rest of this turn, you cannot Special Summon any monsters, except "Vendread" monsters.

• If this card is sent to the GY: you can add 1 "Vendread" card from your deck to hand, except "Vendread Cure".

Okay... Vendread players demand a card searcher that covers everything. This is the one I came up with. Funny enough, this is the most crappiest of all Vendread supports I thought about, considering you have to SHUFFLE a Vendread back to deck during your SP. You can activate this card and let it sit on the field with a Ritual monster summoned via Evolution, so you can destroy this card without losing a card and get that card you need. OR just send this card to the GY for the effects of Nights, Houndhourde, or Pests. Your choice.

Vendread Relapse

Normal Spell

Target 1 Level 5 or higher “Vendread” monster you control; destroy that target, then Special Summon 1 "Vendread" Ritual monster with level lower than the targeted card from the deck, ignoring its summoning conditions. You can only use the effect of “Vendread Relapse” once per turn.

Ritual summon Slayer. Activate this card. Summon Grotesque. Now make those pluses.

EXTRA DECK SUPPORTS:

Revendread Ravager

Dark / Level 7 / Zombie / Synchro / Effect

1 Vendread tuner + 1 or more non-tuner Zombie monsters

This card's Synchro Summon is also considered as Ritual Summon. This card’s name becomes “Revendread Slayer” while on the field. While in your GY, this card is treated as a Ritual monster (And NOT a Synchro Monster). If this card is Special Summoned: you can send 1 Zombie monster from your Extra Deck to the GY. If this card is sent from field to GY: You can add 1 Vendread non-Ritual monster from your deck to hand, then you can send 1 Vendread monster from your deck to GY. You can only use each effects of "Revendread Ravager" once per turn.

Atk/ 2700 Def/ 0

I gave a tuner away, so it's not weird for me to give some Synchros as well. First 3 lines and I thought it is already OP as f*ck. Interestingly, this just became the engine of the deck to easily summon.... *drumroll*

Vendread Absolute Tyrant

Dark / Level 9 / Zombie / Synchro / Effect

1 Zombie tuner + 1 or more non-tuner monsters (at least 1 Vendread Ritual monster)

This card's Synchro Summon is also considered as Ritual Summon. While in the GY, this card is treated as a Ritual monster (And NOT a Synchro Monster). When this card is Special Summoned: Destroy all other monsters you control, then increase this card's ATK by 500 for each cards destroyed. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can target 1 Vendread non-Ritual monster in your GY; equip it to this card, then while equipped to this card, gain the effect from that monster as if it was used for this card's Ritual Summon. For each card equipped to this card, it losses 500 ATK. If this card would leave the field because of your opponent's card effect: you can banish 1 card equipped to this card instead. You can only control 1 "Vendread Absolute Tyrant" on your field.

Atk/ 3300 Def/ 0

Now with this! Vendreads now has a boss monster of its own that is actually threatening *laughs at Executor*. If this turnout to be too much of a win condition, I'm nerfing this boy down a bit.

A PEEK OF COMBO WITH THESE SUPPORTS:

Hand:
< Vendread Charge > < Revendread Slayer > < Revendread Evolution >

a.) Activate Charge: SS Chrysalis.

b.) Activate Evolution: dump another Slayer, SS Slayer from GY.

c.) Tune Chrysalis (1) and Slayer (6): Synchro Summon Ravager (7)
d.) Slayer effect: Add Origin and dump Anima
e.) Chrysalis effect (since Ravager's Synchro summon is also considered as Ritual Summon): SS Chrysalis back.
f.) Ravager effect: dump Absolute Tyrant from Extra Deck.
g.) Send Chrysalis and Ravager to GY: Link Summon Vampire Sucker (for the draw).
h.) Ravager GY effect: Add Dragonspawn and dump Creeperhive.
i.) Discard Dragonspawn: SS Creeperhive
j.) Creeperhive effect: Banish it; Ritual Summon Absolute Tyrant from GY (Dump 1 each Level 4, Level 3, and Level 2). Draw 1 from Sucker.
k.) Tyrant effect to nuke your field; +500 atk. Use effect to equip ANY of the available non-Ritual Vendread in your GY.

l.) Do anything else you can do with Origin in hand and have hope so that Tyrant won't be Kaiju'd (lol).

POST NOTES:
So there we have it. You can proxy these cards and test them like I did. And let me hear your thoughts about these wishful idea I had for this miserable Archetype.

Archived