1 Yazi, Evil of the Yang Zing

2 Crystron Needlefiber

1 Borreload Dragon

1 Linkuriboh

1 Sky Striker Ace - Hayate

1 Sky Striker Ace - Kagari

1 Saryuja Skull Dread

1 Summon Sorceress

Shiranui really doesn't fit the deck as a name, especially without sword tbh.

I think a lot of the cards here are pretty standard. I think O-Lion and Summon Sorceress aren't quite, but they work well with the Sky Striker engine.

Speaking of, the Sky Striker engine allows me to trade in mid-late power plays (Sword) for early enabling plays that are really helpful, and it really requires the same amount of ED space as sword. Given that this deck needs to establish ASAP to attempt to outvalue the opponent between Snows, Omega, and Borreload, it makes more sense to run this engine than a card you need to set up like Sword.

Not to mention, Engage/Hornet + Tuner + Mezuki gets you Summon Sorc + 2 Omega + Snow in grave, with 2 cards to spare, hopefully handtraps or disruption.

The engine also synergizes really well with Omega, because you can use the cards in DP/SP before he returns, plus he can clear himself to turn them online. Having a Widow Anchor set after making Omega(s) feels nice.

I put the second in because I can reliably make it, and it feels like it gives the deck a wincon other than just killing opps going second, because you can "grind" opponents out between omega, Snow, handtraps, Anchor, and Infinite Impermanence. Slowing your opponent down when your deck makes value from cards previously set up really helps.

I also use him as a regular old Link material fairly often, because he allows me to recover lost resources. Plus, he can usually be remade the turn he's sent to the grave.

Now, the deck does burn out a bit in the later game, so the real idea is to grind your opp's resources down fairly quickly, then just punch them. Borrel aids a lot in this, because he breaks boards and steals their best dude... But that's pretty obvious.

I had Quariongandrax, but I cut him in favor of trying Yazi out. I wasn't making him much anymore, what with aiming for clear MMZs, and Yazi gives me spot removal.

Burial, Upstart, Plague, Spiritmaster, Yazi, and Formula are the cards I'm iffy on, but I wasn't sure what else to really do in those slots. Spiritmaster is one I look at really hard, because of how he works with Snow, so it's a case of if it's worth it for that one interaction/the rare chance he enables you early.

ask w/e, i have more to say but feel like i'd just be rambling

Archived