1527379927233.png

Cards with this card name can only be activated one turn. : The following applies depending on the number of the original attribute type of the field's link monster.
● 1 type: Increase the attack power of your link 's monster' s field by 500.
● 2 types: The attacking power of the opposing field's link monster goes down by 1000.
● 3 types: I recover 1500 LP.
● 4 types: Give 2000 damage to your opponent.
● 5 types: Special summon 1 monster with attack power 2500 or more from the deck.
● 6 types: Destroy all opponent's field attack strength 3000 or less monsters.

Based on the artwork of this card, you are supposed to theoretically control the 6 attribute link monsters? That's probably not gonna resolve ever. A much better option though, would be Knightmares 

Mermaid - Water 

Phoenix - Fire 

Goblin - Wind 

Cerberus - Earth 

Unicorn - Dark 

Gryphon - Light 

Even if you managed to get all 6 Knightmares on the field at the same time ( it's not the most impractical thing, but most Knightmare combos usually don't end with all 6 Knightmares ) you probably wouldn't need this card since you would be winning the duel with the Knightmare effects ( they cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects, they cannot be destroyed by battle also all monsters your opponent controls lose 1000 attack, and your opponent cannot activate the effects of special summoned monsters, and you get to draw 6 cards for your draw phase ). Having a raigeki probably isn't necessary at that point, given that your opponent will be extra-linked and unable to summon monsters from the extra deck, and with Iblee on the field they cannot special summon. 

Long story short - the seemingly most ideal ways to get this effect off already have their own great win conditions that don't need an unsearchable highly coniditional raigeki. 

speaking of which, burning, life gain, attack boosting and attack decreasing are nice, but going this far out of your way to get those doesn't seem very worth it. You would probably just be better off playing dark hole and raigeki, those cards just destroy monsters with no activation requirements ( like controlling 6 different attribute monsters ). 

So, the first time I read it, I thought it applied as many effects as possible, in order. But the current YGOrg translation says "Apply 1 of these effects based on the number of original Attributes amongst Link Monsters on the field."

Which makes it a lot worse sadly.

What's with that translation? xD

If it's a single effect, then I agree with the above, it's not that good. Only the 5 and 6 effect are good IMO, but getting those 5~6 Link monsters won't be an easy feat. Seems it won't be more than a casual, for-fun card.

So here's the issue I have with wholly abdicating this card. The +4 effect is essentially a fourth of the opponent's LP, gone, and its easy enough to reach with a typical Gouki Knightmare board, and its something they actually cant get through other means. Outlasting the opponent through overlapping protection is awesome, but if you need to push through the last bit of damage-'specially against opponents that don't need the Extra Deck or Special Summoning to get off the foot (coughTrueDracoscough) that's a glaring advantage the Knightmares have.

Yes, its winmoar for them, but sticky-jam-escaping winmoar.

STILL DON'T MEAN THIS ISN'T LACKLUSTER THO

except for maybe the boost in some situations considering some of the ATK-lacking Link-inclusive boards could benefit from that

but yeah, side at 1 if at all, this isn't a good start to whatever pack this is in (and in fact is making me remember why I didn't like pulling packs to begin with in a game that DOESN'T DO CASH PRIZES) and I exerted most of my fire on these leaks out on Astra Ghouls and Bellcat Fighter.

You can actually play this for a bigger, nasty lock and go for an overkill :v

Drop your usual 5-card Link ladder lock with Troymares and whatnot, then follow up with some floodgate monster with the 5-Type effect. Unfortunately Spell Canceller is out of range, but there should be other potent stuff like... Amorphage Golliath?

● 1 type: Increase the attack power of your link 's monster' s field by 500. Irrelevant. We already have Mermaid on board for this.

● 2 types: The attacking power of the opposing field's link monster goes down by 1000. Irrelevant. We already have Mermaid on board for this.

● 3 types: I recover 1500 LP. Literally worse than 1-2 types

● 4 types: Give 2000 damage to your opponent. If I'm at 4 different Link monsters this pushes for damage I already have.

● 5 types: Special summon 1 monster with attack power 2500 or more from the deck. I already have 5 types this effect is super win more, also what deck has a main deck monster with 2500 attack asides from Diabolos (which doesn't drop this many links) that is also making this many funking links?

● 6 types: Destroy all opponent's field attack strength 3000 or less monsters.  They didn't have a board because iblee

There is no benefit to this card outside of some really bad "xd" decks.

● 1 type: Increase the attack power of your link 's monster' s field by 500. Irrelevant. We already have Mermaid on board for this.
● 2 types: The attacking power of the opposing field's link monster goes down by 1000. Irrelevant. We already have Mermaid on board for this.
● 3 types: I recover 1500 LP. Literally worse than 1-2 types
● 4 types: Give 2000 damage to your opponent. If I'm at 4 different Link monsters this pushes for damage I already have.
● 5 types: Special summon 1 monster with attack power 2500 or more from the deck. I already have 5 types this effect is super win more, also what deck has a main deck monster with 2500 attack asides from Diabolos (which doesn't drop this many links) that is also making this many funking links?
● 6 types: Destroy all opponent's field attack strength 3000 or less monsters.  They didn't have a board because iblee

There is no benefit to this card outside of some really bad "xd" decks.

It also takes into account the attributes of your opponent's Link monsters. Not that this really make it much better, but it does mean that that the higher-count ones can be used even if you yourself don't have much of a board to speak of.

Oh, if it considers monsters in both sides, then it may have some decent applications. For instance, it comes to mind using it as meta call vs. Troymare or Link locks, by nuking the board with the 6-Types effect. inb4 Raigeki is better, this would also offer flexibility with the other 5 effects, for whatever those are worth.

They tend not to neglect ending with Knightmare Cerberus and Tri-Gate Wizard. 

Misspelled Phoenix in the first part (the higher ATK and battle immunity is so important to its choosing over Cerberus), but yeah, the destruction's likely whiffing. Also, Tri-Gate Wizard should likely eat a ban considering this is now the FOURTH Deck to abuse it to game-ending means, behind SPYRALs, ABCs and World Chalice.

Not like I didn't say it was lackluster, but it shouldn't just be viewed in terms of Knightmares, like Wavering Eyes wasn't viewed simply in terms of the Pendulums with destruction triggers.

Archived