[Written] (PAC) PokéFire "Flannery" Cards

Ninjask Is Bae

These cards exist in the context of the "Poké" Archetype by the Pokémon Archetype Club. So some effect may affect other cards in the archetype. (Link to the rest of the Archetype:https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/373188-pok%C3%A9mon-archetype-club/?do=findComment&comment=7101911)

This is actually the first Topic with Poké cards so that's exiting I guess.

The cards here all have to do something with Flannery so I wanted to tie them together with the Field Spell, which is based around her Gym. The cards don't have an overarching theme other than that though. Explination of the cards themselfs will be at the bottom of the Topic.

I will tweak these cards until they are deemed acceptable for the Poké Archetype, so I'd love clear ways to make the cards better. Or scrap them if it is decided they are unfixable.

I have these written out because I've been having some trouble with the Neo New Card Maker. (Even if I had some really pretty pictures :()

PokéFire - Slugma

level 3 / Pyro / FIRE / Effect

You can destroy 1 other "PokéFire" card you control and 1 card your opponent controls. You can only use this effect of "PokéFire - Slugma" once per turn and only once while this card is face-up on the field.

1200 ATK/ 200 DEF

PokéFire - Magcargo

level 4 / Pyro / FIRE / Effect

You can Special Summon this card, from your hand, by tributing 1 level 4 or lower "PokéFire" monster. Monsters your opponent controls lose 500 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, if the effect of a monster on the field with 500 or less ATK or DEF is activated: You can destroy that card on the field. If this card is Special Summoned using "PokéFire - Slugma" as a tribute it gains the following effect:

● If this card is summoned: You can destroy 1 card on the field.

1400 ATK/ 1700 DEF

PokéFire - Torkoal

level 4 / Reptile / FIRE / Effect

While all other monsters you control are level 4 or lower "PokéFire" monsters (min. 1): this card's ATK and DEF are switched and monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. "PokéFire" monsters you control gain 300 ATK.

100 ATK/ 2000 DEF

Lavaridge Gym

Field Spell

If you control no monsters: You can discard 1 "Poké" card; Special Summon 1 level-4 or lower "PokéFire" monster, from your deck. You cannot Summon level-5 or higher monsters during the turn you activate this effect. "PokéFire" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF.

[spoiler=Card Explination]

PokéFire - Slugma

I was conflicted on wether to do level 2 or level 3, I just went with 3 in the end but I didn't think about it that well. The effect itself is meant to reflect Slugma. It's got prettty ok offenses, but it's very slow, frail and without proper set-up it is very bad for your mommentum. I made its DEF 200 for the Rekindling support. If this card is on the field while Torkoal is also on the field then you don't have to pop one of your own cards.

PokéFire - Magcargo

Slow and unreliable, like Magcargo in the games. The idea for the weakening effect is the fact that it is usually a Stealth Rock setter + it's know for its body heat, which would probably not be good for your opponents. Especially nice to side deck against decks you know need their low ATK/DEF monsters.

PokéFire - Torkoal

Basically the heart and soul of these cards as it becomes a pretty buff boy combined with the Field Spell. 2700 ATK with effect protection is nothing ot laugh at, except when your opponent has 2 level 4 monsters or anything else that beats over it.

Lavaridge Gym

It kickstarts your engine. And the ATK and DEF boosting is just because these low level cards are weak to battle destruction due to low ATK vallues.

Given we literally have no cards for PAC at the moment, you really have a clean slate for designing. But anyway, thoughts. 

Slugma: No one's arguing about a non-targeting Scrap Dragon for the most part, though yes, hard OPT and only usable once on the field. Hard OPT would be sufficient enough, but in most cases, I don't see a scenario where you would have multiples out. 

Not sure where the Scrap Dragon thing comes from though, since Slugma doesn't learn Explosion or Selfdestruct. You have Memento, so...I guess. 

Magcargo: Unless you face stuff like Goukis (0 DEF) or smaller monsters, this card's destruction effect won't take place much, even with the stat dropping (but it increases the odds). Then again, you may want to note if the effect you get from Tributing Slugma is on-summon or can be triggered once per turn. Assuming the former. 

Torkoal: Problem here is that you really can't control any of the future boss monsters and no non-PokeFire monsters, but the protection works though alongside the power boost.

Lavaridge Gym: For now, it seems okay (considering all of these monsters aren't particularly "great" on their own right now). Stat boost is fine though.

===

So yeah, at the moment, cards seem okay; however like with Konami design, whatever that comes out of future cards may require changes or potential limiting (hopefully not erratas like some cards have been given).

Cleared up things that were unclear about Magcargo. 

Also, Magcargo is meant to be a sort of side-deck option. As I didn't want it to be too overwhelming at it does enjoy support from the rest of the Archetype.

Torkoal is also meant to be this restrictive. The idea is that Torkoal BECOMES your boss monster, which is pretty good as it is normal summonable or summonable off the Field Spell. But with proper support it could become a beast.

Any idea how I could make Lavaridge less prone to OTK's? I already blocked potential evolutions.

Archived