Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu and Pokémon Let's GO Eevee

~British Soul~

HMs were donion rings after gen 6 anyway.

Also Celedon Game Corner being an arcade... sure, though it's likely they did it due to real-world gambling laws in Europe.

They were, but with only 2 games and this being a half remake of Gen 1 made it a question of it being something we should expect going forward.

I'm curious if we'll be able to play games there still.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were, but with only 2 games and this being a half remake of Gen 1 made it a question of it being something we should expect going forward.

I'm curious if we'll be able to play games there still.

Imo, we should expect HMs to never be a thing again.

I reckon we might be able to, otherwise the people sitting at them would taunt us.

In a surprising turn of events, what may very well be the new Pokémon has appeared to have leaked in the network traffic of Pokémon GO. At present we don't have details for this Pokémon but will provide full details as and when they come.

[spoiler=Spoiler]

[spoiler=Note that this is unconfirmed]

DnmGclRUcAEZPty.png

So, looks like the new Pokemon is showing up in Pokemon Go. Which, honestly, is one of the coolest ways to show off a new Pokemon that is going to be in a game tied to it. Seriously, if you didn't know about it and suddenly came across it that would be so freaking cool.

From what I've seen, the Pokémon ends up becoming either a Ditto or Chikorita (due to the Community Day event). Nevertheless, if this happens to be the new Pokémon that Pikachu and Eevee were hinting at before, then this is pretty interesting.

So the new Pokemon is named Meltan (the Hex Nut Pokemon) and is a steel-type. It is also classified as a mythical Pokemon.

Saw the video right as I noticed this comment. Meltan...well I suppose this means my one theory of it being in LG Pika and Eevee was sorta right, if this trailer has anything to say about it. Though a mythical, huh? That one...that's actually a bit of a curve-ball.

So there will be new Pokemon in Let's Go after all, which begs the question: What Dex does it belong to? You can't really have it be thr 152th Pokemon of Kanto, but we still don't know Gen 8 yet. It isn't Sun and Moon either or they would have made that clear. Weird stuff. Oh and video:

https://youtu.be/nvLDA70ZvbU

Saw the video right as I noticed this comment. Meltan...well I suppose this means my one theory of it being in LG Pika and Eevee was sorta right, if this trailer has anything to say about it. Though a mythical, huh? That one...that's actually a bit of a curve-ball.

To be fair, we knew that there was to be a new pokemon in Let's GO for a little while now. Though I was also thrown off by the fact that it's a mythical.

Also we should bear in mind that we won't know everything about Meltan upon release. It'll be a good couple of years before we find out what its ability is as abilities are not in Let's GO.

To be fair, we knew that there was to be a new pokemon in Let's GO for a little while now. Though I was also thrown off by the fact that it's a mythical.

Also we should bear in mind that we won't know everything about Meltan upon release. It'll be a good couple of years before we find out what its ability is as abilities are not in Let's GO.

What's more...we don't know if this thing will evolve or not. Yes I know it's a mythical and they don't tend to evolve, but that's always a thing to think about. On the other hand, if it doesn't...perhaps it's connected in lore to Gen 8's Legendaries or something along those lines. And they might make this like they did with Victini in B/W and make it the first entry in Gen 8's PokéDex, who knows.

What's more...we don't know if this thing will evolve or not. Yes I know it's a mythical and they don't tend to evolve, but that's always a thing to think about. On the other hand, if it doesn't...perhaps it's connected in lore to Gen 8's Legendaries or something along those lines. And they might make this like they did with Victini in B/W and make it the first entry in Gen 8's PokéDex, who knows.

Yeah, it's interesting that it's being introduced in this fashion though as there would still be mysteries surrounding it until Gen 8 is released.

• 2 weeks later...

This trailer features more about Meltan showcasing that Meltan is received exclusively through a special Mystery Box. The Mystery Box is obtained when you send a Pokémon from GO to Let's Go. From there, Meltan will start to appear in GO and can be captured for a limited time, around 30 minutes. When the time is up, the Mystery Box is closed and you need to send another Pokémon to Let's Go to get another after a set amount of time. You can then send it to Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee.

It also showcases a possible new form or even evolution of Meltan in the second trailer.

Archived