Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu and Pokémon Let's GO Eevee

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,441 posts
    Last Visit 6 minutes ago
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

The Nintendo Switch games have finally been announced. These games a Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu and Pokémon Let's GO Eevee and are set in the original Kanto Region in the first new release in the region since 2009's HeartGold & SoulSilver. These games feature co-op locally as well as a new device like a Poké Ball called the Poké Ball Plus that lets you take your Pokémon around with you in Pokémon GO. You can also send your Pokémon from GO to Pokémon GO Park to get them in Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu & Eevee. It is out November 16th.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,269 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 09:30 PM

What better way to celebrate than to go back to your roots. So I guess we won't have Generation VIII until next year.

Here's to Fire Emblem Warriors.
Friend codes:
1. Old model 3ds. ID: [background=#fbfdfe]Pt018: 1091-8739-4118[/background]
[background=#fbfdfe]2. New Model 3ds. ID: Peter: 3523-2301-4923[/background]

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,441 posts
    Last Visit 6 minutes ago

So I guess we won't have Generation VIII until next year.

That is confirmed. Next core series games in 2019.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 14,006 posts
    Last Visit 48 minutes ago
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate
It could be Sinnoh remakes. They called ORAS a "new adventure" as well

Enjoying catching Mewtwo and Mew with joystick operated pokeballs

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

Reptilious

Reptilious

Rainbow Neos Turbo

• Rainbow Road
  • 921 posts
    Last Visit 8 minutes ago
  • Spouse:ur mom

LCos9Vx.png

I have a feeling that it's a new eeveelution but who knows

contest thingy

driving image

pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,453 posts
    Last Visit 25 minutes ago
  • Alias:Tinkerer

LCos9Vx.png

I have a feeling that it's a new eeveelution but who knows

Mewthre--! *shot*

Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,462 posts
    Last Visit Today, 08:25 AM
  • Alias:Shradow

This is pretty awesome. The game looks great, and I like the action command sort of thing they've got going with throwing the Pokeball. Don't realy care about co-op or connecting with GO, but I'll enjoy Kanto again. I wonder if it'll include all the stuff added from FRLG, or maybe have entirely new areas. I wonder what the story is, because there's still Team Rocket and Mewtwo and all that, but the protagonists aren't Red and Leaf.

A shame this isn't the full on new Gen VIII stuff, but it's a great way to show off how I'm assuming it'll look and play. At least there'll be at least one new Pokemon.

EDIT: Apparently it's a spin-off, that's what people are saying, I didn't even think about that. Feels closer to a remake to me.

Break the Rule And Do Image On

Yx32dEY.gif

UltimateIRS

UltimateIRS

GIVE ME MONEY

• Members
  • 466 posts
    Last Visit Today, 10:48 AM
  • Discord:UltimateIRS#3944
  • Alias:UltimateIRS

oh it's just pokemon go dlc

it doesn't even have wild pokemon battles

zzzzzzzzzz

Posted Image

you're the savior of all sentient life and therefore entitled to our patreon dollars

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,462 posts

it doesn't even have wild pokemon battles

Did you just stop watching the trailer 40 seconds in?

Yx32dEY.gif

UltimateIRS

UltimateIRS

GIVE ME MONEY

• Members
  • 466 posts
    Last Visit Today, 10:48 AM
  • Discord:UltimateIRS#3944
  • Alias:UltimateIRS

Did you just stop watching the trailer 40 seconds in?

It's been confirmed there are no actual battles with wild Pokemon, just capturing.

Posted Image

you're the savior of all sentient life and therefore entitled to our patreon dollars

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

I am not afraid

• The Chariot
  • 26,459 posts
    Last Visit 19 minutes ago

Really liking how this looks. I'll leaning more towards the Eevee version, and I don't think we've necessarily had a remake that splits the original game in two? More like HGSS and ORAS taking elements from Crystal and Emerald respectively, but otherwise this is the perfect opportunity to expand GameFreak's apparent efforts to put Eevee on equal standing with Pikachu.

And I'm glad of glad that this seems to be making Go into the "secondary" game by hindsight? With how well the Switch is doing, and Nintendo wants synergy between the Switch and smartphones, this seems like it's a more advanced form of Go, rather than "DLC" or whatever. The main purpose of the PokeBall Plus seems to position Let's Go as the "final destination" for Pokemon from Go.

Posted Image

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,875 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
As a giant Pokemon fan Go! had zero impact on me. This is basically Go! but in the games themselves. That does increase my interest, but I'll wait for more info before I pass any judgement. So long as it can stand on its own I should be ok with it. Worse comes to worse it is just a spinoff.

The new Pokemon is almost for sure a new Eeveelution. You don't make on of the faces Eevee and tease a new Pokemon and not do that. Plus, good old even Gen rule.
cZx2XQg.png
FC: 0989-1906-1912

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,462 posts

I also find it interesting that you can see wild Pokemon and you run into them to start battles, it's not just random encounters. I've always wondered how Pokemon would work with that sort of system since I've always liked it in other RPGs.

Yx32dEY.gif

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,441 posts
    Last Visit 6 minutes ago

Not gonna lie, even though this is now a thing, I don't think this'll get me to pick up GO again. I stopped playing it a while ago.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,462 posts
I'll probably get Eevee, since I'm assuming you'll still be able to catch Pikachu in Viridian Forest if you really want one. I just hope the Pokemon GO connectivity isn't too significant (I never played it and have no interest in doing so), it's hard to know for sure from this trailer but it doesn't seem like it's all that much aside from some bonuses and stuff (it depends on how much that Park thing can get you), and I'm fine with it just being more or less a Kanto remake if you don't use GO with it.

Also, with that Pokeball controller, how long till someone uses it to beat Dark Souls?

It's been confirmed there are no actual battles with wild Pokemon, just capturing.

Hm, that is pretty lame actually. I just assumed that them running into wild Pokemon and capturing them would include the battling. How is one supposed to level grind if they want with no wild Pokemon battles, unless they have a way to rematch trainers. Granted, nowadays you get exp for catching Pokemon, but that seems like an inefficient way to level.

Yx32dEY.gif

Yui the Cute Oni

Yui the Cute Oni

🎧 Do I look assertive? 🎧

• Senior Members
  • 8,367 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Nico
  • Spouse:Desu

I'll probably get Eevee, since I'm assuming you'll still be able to catch Pikachu in Viridian Forest if you really want one.

You really think that of a Yellow remake? Well, impossible to really tell for sure, but you could also transfer from Go, so I guess why limit it anymore?

8wS59OD.png

Tentacruel

Tentacruel

So Sorry

• Legendary Members
  • 11,636 posts
    Last Visit Oct 16 2018 03:53 PM
  • Alias:Tentacruel
  • Spouse:Falling Pizza

Since this is a Yellow remake, I wonder if you'll be able to evolve your starter.

ADHDguitar banner

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 14,006 posts
    Last Visit 48 minutes ago
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate
So Nintendo told us there was an unreleased pikachu evolution

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,269 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 09:30 PM

I'm kinda interested to see what the Gym Leaders would look like in 3d models, and if they'll use FRLG redesign or HGSS redesign.

Also, I hope in the remake they make the Lt. Surge boss fight harder. I mean...

Here's to Fire Emblem Warriors.
Friend codes:
1. Old model 3ds. ID: [background=#fbfdfe]Pt018: 1091-8739-4118[/background]
[background=#fbfdfe]2. New Model 3ds. ID: Peter: 3523-2301-4923[/background]

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,441 posts
    Last Visit 6 minutes ago

It's possible that the gym leaders could have new designs altogether. For example, Professor Oak is wearing a different colour shirt to the ones he has worn in his other appearances in the game.

Since this is a Yellow remake, I wonder if you'll be able to evolve your starter.

That's a good question. I'd probs say no as the trailer shown that you can have Pikachu and Eevee wear clothes. 

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users