Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu and Pokémon Let's GO Eevee

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Gappy Higashikata

Gappy Higashikata

• Members
  • 18 posts
    Last Visit Sep 06 2018 10:24 AM

This is pretty awesome. The game looks great, and I like the action command sort of thing they've got going with throwing the Pokeball. Don't realy care about co-op or connecting with GO, but I'll enjoy Kanto again. I wonder if it'll include all the stuff added from FRLG, or maybe have entirely new areas. I wonder what the story is, because there's still Team Rocket and Mewtwo and all that, but the protagonists aren't Red and Leaf.

A shame this isn't the full on new Gen VIII stuff, but it's a great way to show off how I'm assuming it'll look and play. At least there'll be at least one new Pokemon.

EDIT: Apparently it's a spin-off, that's what people are saying, I didn't even think about that. Feels closer to a remake to me.

We already know it's not a remake, it does not include wild Pokémon battles outside of catching things and according to Serebii, Red and Blue are set to make an appearance in the S/M designs. We can already see that this is a heavily simplified game from previous entries and if it was outright labelled a remake the backlash would be so immense that it would bomb horribly on release.

Basically "Pokémon Go Sit on your couch".

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,881 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:24 PM

That's a good question. I'd probs say no as the trailer shown that you can have Pikachu and Eevee wear clothes.

With Pikachu and Eevee being the focal Pokemon I can totally see them being evolution locked. That being said, assuming the new Pokemon is an Eeveelution it is weird to evolution lock Eevee.

We already know it's not a remake, it does not include wild Pokémon battles outside of catching things and according to Serebii, Red and Blue are set to make an appearance in the S/M designs. We can already see that this is a heavily simplified game from previous entries and if it was outright labelled a remake the backlash would be so immense that it would bomb horribly on release.
Basically "Pokémon Go Sit on your couch".

Really, when did they say that? Would be SUPER interesting if true since that would mean the games take place 8-10 years after RBY. When Astro asked what people would look like I was going to say the classic designs since the HG/SS ones wouldn't exist given when Yellow takes place, but that would totally upend everything.
cZx2XQg.png
FC: 0989-1906-1912

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,450 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

With Pikachu and Eevee being the focal Pokemon I can totally see them being evolution locked. That being said, assuming the new Pokemon is an Eeveelution it is weird to evolution lock Eevee.

I can also see them being evo locked as well. Though I assume this mystery new pokemon is a mythical if it true that Pikachu and Eevee are evo locked. 

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Gappy Higashikata

Gappy Higashikata

• Members
  • 18 posts
    Last Visit Sep 06 2018 10:24 AM

Really, when did they say that? Would be SUPER interesting if true since that would mean the games take place 8-10 years after RBY. When Astro asked what people would look like I was going to say the classic designs since the HG/SS ones wouldn't exist given when Yellow takes place, but that would totally upend everything.

Red/Blue are in their 20's in Sun/Moon.

Gen 1/3: 10

Gen 2/4: 13

Gen 5: 15

Gen 5.5: 17

Gen 6: 18???

Su/Mo: ten years after everything else

These are NOT remakes at all.

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,450 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

and according to Serebii, Red and Blue are set to make an appearance in the S/M designs.

I don't recall anything like that said on Serebii, so I'd say that is speculation on your part.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,450 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

From Serebii;

There has been confusion going around regarding Pokémon Let's Go PIikachu & Let's Go Eevee's online features with some outlets saying it lacks it, some saying it doesn't and some questioning if it'd use Nintendo's Online Subscription. In light of this, Famitsu has obtained some clarification regarding it stating that it will have online battles and trades, will require a Nintendo Switch Online subscription and lacks features such as GTS, Battle Spot and Wonder Trade. The Pokémon Company states that the online is to be simplified.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,450 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

As part of continued statements to press, The Pokémon Company has reconfirmed that motion control is compulsory in the game. In docked or tabletop mode, capture is done by flicking the JoyCons and in handheld you move the Switch around to aim and press A button to throw the ball. At present there is no word of any non-motion control to capture.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,881 posts
I mean, you need motion controls in Breath of the Wild and while it can be annoying it isn't that bad.
cZx2XQg.png

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,450 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Yeah, it wasn't as bad with BotW though to be fair, but I think in this case, people aren't going to be liking it as much.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,271 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:19 AM

Yeah, besides, I always buy both versions so I can trade with myself. This is gonna make that impossible, no Alakazam, Machamp, Golem or Gengar for me.

Here's to Fire Emblem Warriors.
Friend codes:
1. Old model 3ds. ID: [background=#fbfdfe]Pt018: 1091-8739-4118[/background]
[background=#fbfdfe]2. New Model 3ds. ID: Peter: 3523-2301-4923[/background]

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,450 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

New details;

Eevee now has gender differences with its tail.

Also Growlithe, Oddish and Sandshrew are exclusive to Pika, whilst Bellsprout, Vulpix and Meowth are exclusive to Eevee. 

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,881 posts
Was hoping for a little more from the video. While we got SOME new things, nothing was really that note worthy. The drip feed is real.
cZx2XQg.png

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 14,024 posts
    Last Visit 28 minutes ago
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

Nintendo recently admitted Pikachu had another evolution

2 New pokemon in these games

Eeveelution

:thonking:

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,881 posts
So, they had another trailer. This time Japanese only that shows a couple legendary birds and Team Rocket. And by Team Rocket I mean Jessie and James.

Nintendo recently admitted Pikachu had another evolution

When and where did they say this?
cZx2XQg.png

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 14,024 posts
    Last Visit 28 minutes ago
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

So, they had another trailer. This time Japanese only that shows a couple legendary birds and Team Rocket. And by Team Rocket I mean Jessie and James.

When and where did they say this?

http://www.newsweek....ua=1&i10c.dv=14

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,881 posts

http://www.newsweek....ua=1&i10c.dv=14

Right, ok. I am pretty sure the game only has 1 new Pokemon though and I doubt they'd bring out Goro at this point.
cZx2XQg.png

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,450 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Video of the trailer Flame mentioned 10 hours ago

Right, ok. I am pretty sure the game only has 1 new Pokemon though and I doubt they'd bring out Goro at this point.

I agree, besides it was only a mention, not an indication of the future

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,271 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:19 AM

I'm sold. After all, this game is a 3d remake of Yellow.

Here's to Fire Emblem Warriors.
Friend codes:
1. Old model 3ds. ID: [background=#fbfdfe]Pt018: 1091-8739-4118[/background]
[background=#fbfdfe]2. New Model 3ds. ID: Peter: 3523-2301-4923[/background]

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,450 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

So  CoroCoro has announced that Mega evolution will be a thing in these games.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

I am not afraid

• The Chariot
  • 26,462 posts
    Last Visit 39 minutes ago

So  CoroCoro has announced that Mega evolution will be a thing in these games.

In that case, I would hope that they could introduce new Mega Evolutions, but I highly doubt that they would, otherwise they would have announced that feature much sooner. This seems a bit more incidental than anything, although considering the game's compatibility with Go, maybe this is a way to segue into introducing Mega Evolutions there?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users