Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu and Pokémon Let's GO Eevee

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Super Chaos Sonic

Super Chaos Sonic

Run, Sonic Run!

• Legendary Members
  • 19,589 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 10:41 PM

So the new Pokemon is named Meltan (the Hex Nut Pokemon) and is a steel-type. It is also classified as a mythical Pokemon.

Saw the video right as I noticed this comment. Meltan...well I suppose this means my one theory of it being in LG Pika and Eevee was sorta right, if this trailer has anything to say about it. Though a mythical, huh? That one...that's actually a bit of a curve-ball.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

The Eternal Ordeal

• Survivor
  • 9,120 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:03 AM
  • Discord:Zaziuma#4720
So there will be new Pokemon in Let's Go after all, which begs the question: What Dex does it belong to? You can't really have it be thr 152th Pokemon of Kanto, but we still don't know Gen 8 yet. It isn't Sun and Moon either or they would have made that clear. Weird stuff. Oh and video:
https://youtu.be/nvLDA70ZvbU

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,564 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 10:01 PM
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

Saw the video right as I noticed this comment. Meltan...well I suppose this means my one theory of it being in LG Pika and Eevee was sorta right, if this trailer has anything to say about it. Though a mythical, huh? That one...that's actually a bit of a curve-ball.

To be fair, we knew that there was to be a new pokemon in Let's GO for a little while now. Though I was also thrown off by the fact that it's a mythical.

Also we should bear in mind that we won't know everything about Meltan upon release. It'll be a good couple of years before we find out what its ability is as abilities are not in Let's GO.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Super Chaos Sonic

Super Chaos Sonic

Run, Sonic Run!

• Legendary Members
  • 19,589 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 10:41 PM

To be fair, we knew that there was to be a new pokemon in Let's GO for a little while now. Though I was also thrown off by the fact that it's a mythical.

Also we should bear in mind that we won't know everything about Meltan upon release. It'll be a good couple of years before we find out what its ability is as abilities are not in Let's GO.

What's more...we don't know if this thing will evolve or not. Yes I know it's a mythical and they don't tend to evolve, but that's always a thing to think about. On the other hand, if it doesn't...perhaps it's connected in lore to Gen 8's Legendaries or something along those lines. And they might make this like they did with Victini in B/W and make it the first entry in Gen 8's PokéDex, who knows.

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,564 posts

What's more...we don't know if this thing will evolve or not. Yes I know it's a mythical and they don't tend to evolve, but that's always a thing to think about. On the other hand, if it doesn't...perhaps it's connected in lore to Gen 8's Legendaries or something along those lines. And they might make this like they did with Victini in B/W and make it the first entry in Gen 8's PokéDex, who knows.

Yeah, it's interesting that it's being introduced in this fashion though as there would still be mysteries surrounding it until Gen 8 is released.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,949 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:49 AM
That was a cute video. The fact it says to be continued means we'll learn more over the next 2 months or so. I really like how they are doing this reveal on the new Pokemon though. Really cool way to show off a new Pokemon and slowly set up gen 8.
cZx2XQg.png
FC: 0989-1906-1912

The Necromancer

The Necromancer

• Night's Watch

• 14,423 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:37 AM
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

Depressed ditto coming back from the hardware store

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,564 posts

This trailer features more about Meltan showcasing that Meltan is received exclusively through a special Mystery Box. The Mystery Box is obtained when you send a Pokémon from GO to Let's Go. From there, Meltan will start to appear in GO and can be captured for a limited time, around 30 minutes. When the time is up, the Mystery Box is closed and you need to send another Pokémon to Let's Go to get another after a set amount of time. You can then send it to Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee.

It also showcases a possible new form or even evolution of Meltan in the second trailer.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

The Necromancer

The Necromancer

• Night's Watch

• 14,423 posts

mythical that evolve?

bngoeJd.gif

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,564 posts

We've had pokemon that evolve into legendaries, a legendary evolve into another and an Ultra Beast that can evolve, so it's likely?

Though it's likely an alternate form that you can acquire after getting a bunch of Meltan.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,564 posts

I love that Metapod vs Metapod is referenced at the end.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,949 posts
Really love the idea of the Master Trainers as a post game quest. Biggest issue is it being for EVERY Pokemon. Unless the earlier stages are lower level, getting everything to level 75 seems like a nightmare. Even just for final stages it would be super time consuming.
cZx2XQg.png

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,564 posts
One thing I like about this is that it test one’s skill and encourages flexibility in using different moves.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

The Necromancer

The Necromancer

• Night's Watch

• 14,423 posts

Meltan's evoltion revealed 

bngoeJd.gif

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,564 posts

So it is an evolution, that certainly doesn't surprise me tbph, though uploading two versions of said video is redundant on their part.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,949 posts
Not gonna lie, that thing looks legit. Man, can't wait to see the other Gen 8 Pokemon.
cZx2XQg.png

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,564 posts

So we have Red, Blue and even Green in this game. Fair

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,949 posts
Is this Green's (going with that for her name since Blue is generally the name for the rival) first official appearance?
cZx2XQg.png

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,564 posts

Is this Green's (going with that for her name since Blue is generally the name for the rival) first official appearance?

Technically no as the female playable character in FRLG is Green, and in that chapter of the manga, Green wears that attire.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,949 posts

Technically no as the female playable character in FRLG is Green, and in that chapter of the manga, Green wears that attire.

O yea, I knew Green was in the manga. Pretty sure that's where she originated. Thats what I meant by official. FRLG would totally count though, forgot that.
cZx2XQg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users